Dedi server help

The 159th has run a dedi server for some time now and we are looking around seeing if we can improve things, mainly because we are having some performance issues with missions and because it appears there might be better options out there now.

Currently, we have our machine co-loc at Corespace in Texas, -the current specs of our machine are I5 4690k CPU @ 3.50 Ghz with 16GB RAM and nVid GT730.

We are finding that we seem to suffer from memory leakage, although since the advent of DCS 2.0 it appears to 'come-and-go' -but we cannot seem to pin it to anything in particular, and wondered whether it might be our system?

Could any other squads/groups out there relate to us thier experiences and any advice they might be able to offer?

It has come to our attention that it is possible to 'bid' on renting machines to use as servers such as from Hetzner in Germany -an ex-squad mate says this works well -anyone any knowledge of these set-ups?

One further thought -there doesn't appear to be much info available about the upcoming DCS server mentioned here-abouts -does anyone know anything useful in how this will affect any mission-hosters such as ourselves?

Thanks in advance for any help -it will be much appreciated!

Archer 159th CO

Edited by 159_Archer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

howdy, couple of questions

1. how long is server running for

2. How much RAM is it using

3. HOw many players are connected

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

howdy, could of questions

1. how long is server running for

2. How much RAM is it using

3. HOw many players are connected

As for how long, well we regularly re-start it, although it can be running for days at a time. We do all the regular checks and maintain the dedi pretty well.

As for how much RAM it's using, that tends to go up as the mission runs -until there is no spare. I can probably get hold of better info from the machine itself.

Players can vary -but ATM squad flights usually have around 7 in game for 2 hours is the norm.

Edited by 159_Archer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

Could any other squads/groups out there relate to us thier experiences and any advice they might be able to offer?

I'm currently run a DCS server 24/7 with a scheduled restart every 6 hours, on a "beasty" machine: i7-7700k, 32GB RAM, NVMe SSD and other nice stuff, and we suffer as well of some freezing, crash, etc.

The actual way to host a DCS Server sucks, I think almost everyone agree with this, especially if u came form another game server, where you can see a small linux executable handle a hundred players on small virtual server.

It has come to our attention that it is possible to 'bid' on renting machines to use as servers such as from Hetzner in Germany -an ex-squad mate says this works well -anyone any knowledge of these set-ups?

We need the full machine specification to get an idea on how can it perform with DCS.

One further thought -there doesn't appear to be much info available about the upcoming DCS server mentioned here-abouts -does anyone know anything useful in how this will affect any mission-hosters such as ourselves?

We're all waiting to understand how DCS dedicated server will run.

Initially I think it will be only a "conversion" of the actual hosting code, pulling it outside the game and embedding in a standalone executable.

I don't expect many performance improvement for this initial step, but it will be great that we can start to host DCS Server on Virtual Environment without Graphics Acceleration.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka
misspelling

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

The only thing I heard iirc is no GPU will be required and the interface will be a web app

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.