Looking for a server host

I’m in the south central nm desert with less than optimal internet plus the machine i was going to use to host my server wasn’t up to it and its a laptop that is basically maxed out.

I’m looking for a host in this area at a reasonable price. Are they any?

I want to be able to host everything on it dcs world, web and forum server, srs, TeamSpeak, and anything else related to dcs.

And if possible a wordpress blog.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

You will need to rent a dedicated server host that uses windows as the OS

https://www.gameservers.com/dedicated/

https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I could build a pc for under two months rental

Never said it would be cheap, Iam in Europe and it is much more expensive

to rent a windows dedicated server over here, so count yourself lucky

It really depends if your internet connection at your house is up to the task of hosting, if you want to build yourself a decent spec server

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 1 month later...
I could build a pc for under two months rental

I Can confirm, rent a machine capable of run DCS smooth it's really expensive!

I really setup a large number of game server, none of them require a powerfull dedicated machine like DCS. I ask many time an improvement on how the "server" DCS works, but also on the recent 2.5 nothing change on this aspect.

The DCS Server it's a full client setup that host a session, and it's crazy!:cry:

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I Can confirm, rent a machine capable of run DCS smooth it's really expensive!

I really setup a large number of game server, none of them require a powerfull dedicated machine like DCS. I ask many time an improvement on how the "server" DCS works, but also on the recent 2.5 nothing change on this aspect.

The DCS Server it's a full client setup that host a session, and it's crazy!:cry:

Agree. Hosted a lot of servers for other games that run on the smallest hosts with no problem. DCS is not made for hosting multiplayer servers as it currently runs, at least not on any dedicated from a service provider. You can host on co-location and build your own but the cost of renting a U2 rack space is usually very expensive. Some folks I know host servers on University lines with success but then again you need to know the IT boss.

The best option I use so far is the OVH servers. You there get a 4 core, 64GB memory server for about $100 a month but you can on that one host 2 DCS servers if you run Windows server 2012R2 (comes with license to run two instances of Windows 2012 server). And if you get the license from a student, well, the price tag will drop considerably on the license cost. So with the two servers you can host 2 DCS servers and all the OP's requirements.

• 2 years later...
On 2/1/2021 at 4:15 PM, Nimakai said:

I've been looking into going for a dedicated server. How do they present this to you? Do you get a Remoted Desktop Connection? Or Web interface?

it's really depends on which operating system do you use for that. The Dedicated server allow you to select the operating system, if you select Windows as your main operating system, yes you'll be able to manage it only with remote desktop.

With the web interface you'll be able just to restart/reinstall your dedicated server.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!