Upcoming RDI Radar changes

Zeus67

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a very nice list! Lots of features didn't expected or even thought possible like ground mapping!

Awesome! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi Zeus,

That's an awesome list, and it'll be great if we start to see it delivered by the end of the month. Can I just ask how the Target Lost Memory works?

When OFF (default), the icon is removed as soon as the contact is lost.

When ON, the target icon remains on the screen for two or three more seconds, enabling you to make a decision about it.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hello folks,

As the title says, here I am going to post about the changes that are being made to the RDI radar. My goal is to reach 80% fidelity since 100% is not realistic for obvious reasons.

Okay the upcoming changes are:

• Radar antenna azimuth sector search (used when the selected search azimuth is less than 60º).
  • Radar antenna elevation.
  • Radar antenna stabilization (both roll and pitch). Requires radar antenna elevation.
  • Radar PRF selection.
  • Target lock limitations. Requires radar PRF selection.
  • IFF interrogation. Requires radar PRF selection.
  • Super 530D launch limitations. Requires target lock limitations.
  • Autolock. Requires target lock limitations.
  • Auto STT. Requires target lock limitations.
  • Doppler filtering.
  • Target Lost Memory.
  • NCTR. Requires PRF selection.
  • Radar screen realignment and upgrade. Includes symbology and TDC.
  • Warm-up period.
  • Built-in test.

Unfortunately the A/G modes are not possible at this time since they require A/G radar support. They will be incorporated when the A/G radar support becomes available.

Very nice. Noob question, i've mostly flown the KA50 and Su25A for years, so i'm not used to the radar things.... what is the PRF selection?

Very nice. Noob question, i've mostly flown the KA50 and Su25A for years, so i'm not used to the radar things.... what is the PRF selection?

That's the pulse repetition frequency. Basically sets how often the radar checks your surroundings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a great to-do list , cant wait!

the Mirage is shaping up to be the default AA aircraft for those that want full fidelity

(currently its the mig21)

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great news and excellent communication with the community thumbup.gif

You guys have more than earned my money!

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

And To Zeus.

I know we are all greedy ungratefull inpatient bastards ^^ but...

Eta? :joystick:

Quentin Trantino should make a film on us...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Hello folks,

As the title says, here I am going to post about the changes that are being made to the RDI radar. My goal is to reach 80% fidelity since 100% is not realistic for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately the A/G modes are not possible at this time since they require A/G radar support. They will be incorporated when the A/G radar support becomes available.

Wouhou ! Good to hear, Big Thinks coming :pilotfly:

God luck Buddy :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update, Zeus.

What about the bullseye coordinates (bearing from the bullseye) in the radar, to call out contacts global - not local via BRAA?

That's my favorite feature to simulate real air combat tactics and comms.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update, Zeus.

What about the bullseye coordinates (bearing from the bullseye) in the radar, to call out contacts global - not local via BRAA?

That's my favorite feature to simulate real air combat tactics and comms.

That's for the INS and not the radar. It will have to wait for a while until the radar is finalized.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

That's for the INS and not the radar. It will have to wait for a while until the radar is finalized.

Does the radar not display cursor/target bulls-eye position?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Does the radar not display cursor bulls-eye position?

Yes, it does. But the cursor is not placed there by the radar but by the INS. That is why you need to wait until work in the INS starts.

Thanks! Looking forward to it. :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent news

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Can the various brightness options pertaining to the radar screen be enabled as well?

Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I only see that there are three major obstacles remaining for this beast... Two of them have shown significant improvement (the list of radar improvements and the improved missiles) and the last (INS) is planned - fantastic news. Really good job Razbam!