SoftTH NEWS - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #71
johnson6048

Reputation power: 0
johnson6048 is on a distinguished road

Thanks a ton for pointing me in the right direction PeterP.
johnson6048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #72
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Hi all! I have helped out a lot of you - now you can help me -helping You!

I have opened a thread to point out problems we Multi-head users have with DCS:

A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users.

Please read this thread carefully...

And
If you have a issue that relates to this and you cant find it on my list: please PM me and I will add it to the list (to prevent cluttering) and/or post the links to it similar like I did With a small descriptions (keep in mind Pictures are more worth than thousand words) following this rule:

What is the problem?
(keep in mind: When it happens also on a single screen, it s not OUR problem! )
How does it look?
Where is the related discussion?
How do you think that it can be solved?
And how to reproduce it - when not obvious .

- I don't want to discuss everything in detail in this thread -again- as it has been discussed already before!
I just want to have a summary of things that have to be implemented for a easier use of DCS with
View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users.

BTW: Please keep SoftTH out the door in this thread above!

Thanks!

Last edited by PeterP; 05-22-2012 at 05:30 PM.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #73
MadTommy+
Posting Rights Revoked

MadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to behold

I've just tried SoftTH.. but when i switch my setup to fullscreen i'm unable to select a role in DCS World. The list of roles simply wont accept a mouse input. i.e they are there.. but i cant click on them.

Is this a known problem.

As soon as i switch back to windowed mode i can select a role. SoftTH only works in full screen if i understand correctly.

So it simply will not work as i have it. *confused*
MadTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #74
PeterP
Veteran

PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

>>>Freeze when clicking in certain region

Old 07-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #75
MadTommy+
Posting Rights Revoked

MadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to beholdMadTommy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
Thanks for that.
MadTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #76
PeterP
Veteran

I'm answering a PM:
Quote:
Hey thanx for advising me of the softTH software its amazing...it impruved my fps in world from 50 to sometimes reaching 130 with 85 average!!!! you'r the best !

I ahve another issue that you might encountered ... sunglare with HDR on is shown in every monitor in multymonitor mode . Have you ever dealt with this issue and managed to disable it in other monitors ?
i mean it lights my screen on the monitor used for helios only and its very disturbing...please advise

Please read my signature and follow the second link to point #3.
(I have stopped counting some time ago how many times I already got this question via PM...)

In short: no - it's all or nothing. no way to disable it on other screens - you get the glare even on monitors that show only avionic exports.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #77
JG14_Smil

Reputation power: 22
JG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

Follow this link, it will take you to this link which will take you back to the original link, which is about early obsolete BS1 and contains a hundred posts...

I know, it is a bitch to learn SofTH when starting out. Stick with it. I now get 100+ fps in DCS World with settings nearly maxed

SofTH is worth a donation for sure. Thanks PeterP for all the help you provide.

"Paddle your own canoe" -- Nick Offerman
"Go ride your bike"-- "Dad"

Last edited by JG14_Smil; 08-01-2012 at 01:39 PM.
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #78
Aries

Reputation power: 20
Aries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Smil View Post
I now get 100+ fps in DCS World with settings maxed
With what specs, please explain?

...the few, the proud, the remaining...
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #79
JG14_Smil

Reputation power: 22
JG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

Not even sure what to explain and it is not important. Point is SofTh is good stuff. No idea what I did and my statement is subjective to my setup.

Running same settings as before SofTh, fps jumped to 120 afterwards. I was returning to edit my "maxed out" line above to a more honest "nearly maxed out" when I saw your reply. I've slowed her down to about 60+ fps by adding on mirrors and maxing out sliders, civi traffic and birds to like 800% (still never seen one yet). I am betting the high FPS comes from some image quality like AA not working as much (no free rides).

i7-377something CPU @ 4.2 G, 2 GTX 680s. 1 37" HDTV and one 27" monitor running Helios.

"Paddle your own canoe" -- Nick Offerman
"Go ride your bike"-- "Dad"

Last edited by JG14_Smil; 08-01-2012 at 02:01 PM.
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #80
Aries

Reputation power: 20
Aries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of lightAries is a glorious beacon of light

Now you're talking... the GTX 680 part explains it well my friend... cause my settings are also "nearly maxed out" but my HD6950 doesn't squeeze that much framerate...

...the few, the proud, the remaining...
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
softth