SoftTH NEWS - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

v2.07 is released:
http://www.kegetys.net/forum/index.p...12316#msg12316
Quote:
kegetys
Administrator

Re: * SoftTH v2.07 alpha test version *
« Reply #433 on: Today at 02:30:06 AM »
v2.07 is added to the main post, it fixes some compatibility issues with some games: C.A.R.S, NFS Shift 2 (hopefully), Rfactor/other ISI games and Falcon 4 BMS.

Changelog:
* 2.07 alpha
- Fixed GetTexture behaviour (NFS Shift 2, C.A.R.S, Rfactor, ...)
- Workaround for D3D9Ex non-primary swapchain backbuffer
rendering (Falcon 4 BMS)
- Device reset to windowed mode is no longer incorrectly
used as SoftTH mode (Falcon 4 BMS)

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
tietze

Reputation power: 15
tietze is just really nicetietze is just really nicetietze is just really nicetietze is just really nicetietze is just really nicetietze is just really nicetietze is just really nicetietze is just really nicetietze is just really nicetietze is just really nicetietze is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to tietze

I got the impression SofTH was a way of getting extra FPS, so I tried it out and changed to fullscreen instead of windowed mode. After tweaking and trying out almost all options I could only see a small decrease in framerate, when using it. I'm only using one extra monitor to show the MFCDs of the A-10C and ABRIS and Shkval in BS2.

Is there any special options I should pay attention to, to get higher framerate?

(GPU: Radeon 5870, win7x64)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.
Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.
Posts on howto customize switches in DCS & youtube clip.
Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).
Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Last edited by tietze; 11-19-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: sys spec added
tietze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #13
PeterP
Veteran

PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Can't say anything about your decrease in FPS- (but it can happen).

To streamline this thread:
Please choose your most fitting thread from below and post in this chosen thread as many details as you can - you may already experienced that setting up SoftTH can be sometimes difficult...
What I'm most interested is:
-Your setup - how the screens attached - and aligned to each other.
-a DxDiag
-your config.softthconfig
-and your options.lua (DCS saved games folder) settings.

I will have a look and (hopefully) can tell you after it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterP View Post

Some educational threads about SoftTH :

In this thread I show some interesting insights of SoftTH on a theoretical set-up:
SoftTH 2.xx explained at a example configuration

Here are some "talk on's" I made that will give you a better understanding how SoftTH can be utilised for "only" two monitors and how to troubleshoot if you are stuck... :
Black Shark Twin monitor

A simple step-by-step instruction how to set SoftTH up with a triple-head configuration:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...61#post1135561

Last edited by PeterP; 11-20-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
PeterP
Veteran

v2.08 is released:

It is optimized especially for DCS now. - you will probably have a little better FPS - but more important: a better compatibility and more stable system:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegetys View Post
This is hopefully fixed with SoftTH v2.08 available here.

Along with the crash fix, it can also improve performance a bit and make the fps smoother overall (I re-wrote the indexbuffer manage-emulation code and added proper emulation for vertexbuffers as well - it now should behave similar to a "non-SoftTH" device). Illustrated here:

(v2.07 above, v2.08 below. But your mileage may vary )

Old 12-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #15
elchacal

Reputation power: 18
elchacal is just really niceelchacal is just really niceelchacal is just really niceelchacal is just really niceelchacal is just really niceelchacal is just really niceelchacal is just really niceelchacal is just really niceelchacal is just really niceelchacal is just really nice

Awesome, thank you for posting it!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
PeterP
Veteran

odd bug in DCS with 2.08:

- The names of the places on the mission editor map are blurred and they are flickering on and off.

- The grid co-ordinates are not displayed on the map.

- same happens on the Abris in game of Black Shark.

Fix:
Enable "quirk-mode" in the config.SoftTHconfig:

Quote:
[debug]
compatibleIB=0
compatibleTex=0
compatibleVB=0
enableVBQuirk=1<<<
or use the previous 2.07 version instead.

Last edited by PeterP; 01-25-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #17
spikenet

Reputation power: 13
spikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nicespikenet is just really nice

thanks Peter, not a biggie but great to see it addressed

quirk-mode?

AEF 161 Squadron
spikenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 AM   #18
Kegetys

Reputation power: 14
Kegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really niceKegetys is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
odd bug in DCS with 2.08:
Yes, this is a 2.08 bug with the vertex buffer manage-emulation. The actual fix is the "compatibleVB" setting, just if you enable the quirk mode it will also enable compatibleVB so it fixes it as well (the quirk mode was needed for A10C Beta, it should not be needed for anything anymore unless something else has the same bug). You'll lose some performance with compatibleVB though.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #19
Kuky
Veteran

Reputation power: 278
Kuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant future

Great stuff with this SoftTH, I really like that you can now use parts of the monitor

On my system though I don't see any increase in performance, it more like seems the same, with or without SoftTH
Old 01-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #20
PeterP
Veteran

I would say that this is not very surprisingly with a 7970 in DCS - your CPU is the bottleneck.

Tags
softth