PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

Quick question,

AS I use the Samsung Odyssey+ I don't have any base stations. that is no problem right. I believe I saw an earlier post on it.

Peter

Edit: disregard misread.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I think I am within a week of full production. I have a list of thread participants from the thread that have shown interest in initial prototype units. I will be PMing them first before a website for purchase goes hot.

Thanks

Miles

This is great news Miles!!! I'll keep an eye out for that PM. Ready to pay/test when you're are!!

I think I am within a week of full production. I have a list of thread participants from the thread that have shown interest in initial prototype units. I will be PMing them first before a website for purchase goes hot.

Thanks

Miles

I hope I'm on that list ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Out of curiosity is the aux button unit still happening, Miles? Or will that be a future optional extra?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Why would you want this if you already have Touch Controllers on the Rift? Is it because it's convenient since it's on a ring finger so you don't have to grab an entire controller? It seems like it would be easier to use since most people are going to play this game with a Hotas and if it's on a ring finger you wouldn't have to try and grab an entire controller. Is mouse pointing an issue in VR? I thought it was fine with touch and the pointer system. Either way I think you are making an incredibly cool peripheral, I personally can't justify the cost because the only place I might actually use it is in this game and my existing controllers can probably already do what your device does...

Touch controllers have limited to no support in DCS and this 'solves' that issue as well as, even if they did have full support, you would still have to take your hand of the hotas, grobe around for your touch controller, do what you need to, drop the controller and get your hands back on the stick.

With these devices you always have your 'touch controller' attached and so you can more naturally take your hands off the hotas, do what you have to do and get your hands back on stick.

p.s. it's ok to not be able to justify it, but others do and have :)

Touch controllers have limited to no support in DCS and this 'solves' that issue as well as, even if they did have full support, you would still have to take your hand of the hotas, grobe around for your touch controller, do what you need to, drop the controller and get your hands back on the stick.

With these devices you always have your 'touch controller' attached and so you can more naturally take your hands off the hotas, do what you have to do and get your hands back on stick.

p.s. it's ok to not be able to justify it, but others do and have :)

Yeah, I've got touch controllers and my wallet is literally on fire to buy this or captogloves whoever gets there first, and I'll probably buy both.

The issue is 100% I want something I don't have to reach for, be it a mouse or controller. Using a mouse or controller is doable, but its immersion breaking and it flat out sucks sometimes (oops I knocked the controller off my desk FUUUUU)

I don't see Point control as the final solution to interacting with a cockpit in VR. But its gonna be way better than what we have now. And I'm all about supporting home brew engineers.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Once it's established a bit and in actual production I might be able to talk myself into getting one. As cool as DCS in VR is I'm reluctant to play because reaching for the mouse is so immersion breaking it kills the fun of VR.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

Congratulations Miles on reaching this milestone (no mean feat in itself!).

I wish you continuing success and look forward to getting my hands on one as and when they are ready to go.

Cheers!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Miles, I shot you a PM. What a brilliant idea and if you decide to go big with this and need an investor.............

Now where do I send my 200 clams? :megalol:

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great work Miles, so looking fwd to getting my hands on this :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Hey Guys,

Prep is almost complete to start the pre-production units, finally, no more changing proto types. The code will continue to be optimized and features added, which will be available via firmware updates to the HMS. I hope to have the PNP machine and re-flow oven up soon. I will probably just focus on manual smt placement and re-flow to fill the orders for this community.

Really looking forward to this. I certainly will buy one, just not 100% when.

Are you planning a "One time release" or will you keep some small inventory stash going for later purchases?

Good question, I will continue to manufacture and improve PointCTRL as long as there is interest. I do expect a more integrated solution in the future from the VR HMD manufactures.

Also a thought I am sure you are already covering. Maybe a page on your site with some how-to instructions

Big thanks for all the time and work (and yet to come) you have put into your project MilesD.

Thanks for the input Firecat, The website should be updated soon with instructions and videos. And a Big thank you back, for your support and patience.

Out of curiosity is the aux button unit still happening, Miles? Or will that be a future optional extra?

Yes, VRBs Virtual Radial Buttons will be an option, probably around $10.00 or $12.00 per 3 button bank. Thanks for bringing it up Mojo, you reminded me I still have to finish the mount for them..

Congratulations Miles on reaching this milestone (no mean feat in itself!).

I wish you continuing success and look forward to getting my hands on one as and when they are ready to go.

Cheers!

As always, thanks for your encouragement Ratcather

Miles, I shot you a PM. What a brilliant idea and if you decide to go big with this and need an investor.............

Now where do I send my 200 clams? :megalol:

Just send 175 claims, not 200.

Edit: We have all had this idea, every-time we tried to reach for a switch, or press a button in the cockpit, forgetting it was not real. I once dropped a beer on the floor when I tried to place it on the Huey's center panel. So not so brilliant, but thanks.

I know I have said it before, but I will say it again, I truly appreciate everyone's support and patience. Without your continued support and encouragement, I would have been distracted by something else shiny and not made progress on PointCTRL. I am committed to getting PointCTRL out ASAP and not letting this supportive community down.

Miles

149354914_Prepingforpreproduction.thumb.jpg.99f2ad85ee5f024d74a5ce41cc0e5fb4.jpg

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Looking great Miles! I’m so excited to get one of these!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

pointctrl.com Although the website is not fully functional yet

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Really moving on MilesD you have stuck to your guns and produced what many here know will be the ideal complement to VR flying. I along with so many can't wait to start flying in DCS with it.

Also a thought I am sure you are already covering. Maybe a page on your site with some how-to instructions for those of us :helpsmilie: not quite the genius level. May save you many how do I email in the future.

Big thanks for all the time and work (and yet to come) you have put into your project MilesD.

For your review Firecat. It explains some additional functionality of the FCU. The HMS is next.

Thanks

Miles

Edit: Updated Directions (Grammar)

Directions for PointCTRL FCU.pdf

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

For your review Firecat. It explains some additional functionality of the FCU. The HMS is next.

Thanks

Miles

Thanks, Miles, very intuitive I think this will help a lot of us understand the full functionality and how to work with the FCU's settings. One question. Will it come with a default IR LED time-out setting or will we need to set them before use.

Thanks again for the directions pdf, I look forward to the HMS.

Thanks, Miles, very intuitive I think this will help a lot of us understand the full functionality and how to work with the FCU's settings. One question. Will it come with a default IR LED time-out setting or will we need to set them before use.

Thanks again for the directions pdf, I look forward to the HMS.

Since each PointCTRL will be tested, I will probably set them for 30 or 40 seconds before they leave. My intent is for the user to just plug it in and have it work right out of the box. Adjustments can be made as the user gets more comfortable with it. It does take some getting used to before its second nature.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Since each PointCTRL will be tested, I will probably set them for 30 or 40 seconds before they leave. My intent is for the user to just plug it in and have it work right out of the box. Adjustments can be made as the user gets more comfortable with it. It does take some getting used to before its second nature.

Miles

Yes, that sounds like a good starting point and as you say many will want to get going straight out of the box.

I have just received my Pimax so I'm thinking I may have to come up with a way to set the HMS in place, maybe use some plasticine or something. Not the best solution I know but it should get me by temporarily until I can come up with something better. The Pimax is just all angular at the front and top.

Anyway thanks again, Miles.

Edited by FireCat
grammer

@ Firecat, I will make a HMS mount for the Pimax and the Oddesy. If I cant find good dimensions online I may ask you to take a few pics of yours next to a ruler, if you wouldn't mind.

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

awesome Miles! can't wait to have this as part of my VR rig.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control