DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Hi all

We are planning for the patch today, however it will depend on final checks.

When we know for sure we will post the patch notes.

Thanks for the swift response. Fingers crossed, but it will be what it will be.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Thanks for the quick update, I hope that performance of today´s patch returns at least at same 2.5.5 levels, especially with preloading terrain stuttering (not present in 2.5.5. In 2.5.6, its very noticeable on MFD maverick or TGP weapons usage, specially in caucasus when pointing those sensors at the horizon).

Hi all

Thank You!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Hi all

When you have ED forums open in your second monitor and press refresh every ten minutes.

#JustWednesdayThings

Hi all

Yesss, roll out the supercarrier! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

No pressure ED, but I am definitely going to judge you on this patch more than any other in the last 10 years. I'll know exactly, from the broad array of new issues that I have come to know intimately, what you think is important and our differences will be written in stone after all the apologies, acknowledgements, commitments to look at MP, reddit posts and forum noise.

It matters not, whether this patch is an iteration that is fully inclusive or partially hitting the marks, or whether this is Open Beta or not, I will know every line of code you touched from the last version and what you've attempted. I will check off what you have changed against what was newly broken and know for sure, everything you thought was the most important on that list and that will absolutely show your skills at listening, understanding and executing. For what it's worth, i'm easily pleased, very patient and know the product intimately, right down to the open code level. I only desire the old working things back as they were, as soon as possible. It's not an outrageous request. Happy if you defer the release another week also.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• ED Team
No pressure ED, but I am definitely going to judge you on this patch more than any other in the last 10 years. I'll know exactly, from the broad array of new issues that I have come to know intimately, what you think is important and our differences will be written in stone after all the apologies, acknowledgements, commitments to look at MP, reddit posts and forum noise.

It matters not, whether this patch is an iteration that is fully inclusive or partially hitting the marks, or whether this is Open Beta or not, I will know every line of code you touched from the last version and what you've attempted. I will check off what you have changed against what was newly broken and know for sure, everything you thought was the most important on that list and that will absolutely show your skills at listening, understanding and executing. For what it's worth, i'm easily pleased, very patient and know the product intimately, right down to the open code level. I only desire the old working things back as they were, as soon as possible. It's not an outrageous request. Happy if you defer the release another week also.

Just to help manage your expectations, we are dealing with some complex issues, especially with MP. We will see some fixes and work on memory leaks with the carrier, but more work is needed in future patches with 2.5.6.

We will of course post the patch notes as soon as we are ready later today if all goes to plan.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just to help manage your expectations, we are dealing with some complex issues, especially with MP. We will see some fixes and work on memory leaks with the carrier, but more work is needed in future patches with 2.5.6.

We will of course post the patch notes as soon as we are ready later today if all goes to plan.

thanks

Don't rush it, take your time.

I feel you have done a good work in finding bugs.

Start a new thread with your 10 biggest issues in priority, after your opinion. Then let's see the comment's from others. After some time, you can make a vote, to see if the rest of us agree with you.

Purpose: To find the biggest and most annoying bugs.

No, let's wait until summer. The sea is much better in the summertime :doh:

:D Thanks FYI

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

thanks

:thumbup:

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the update.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

EDIT. Pls ignore.

Edited by Hippo
It seems that the post I was commenting on was in fact meant to be serious. Sorry.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

sad. in 1 year this patch will mean nothing, as a new one a yr later will need bug fixes for new features etc. maybe u'll understand after you keep writing these pointless empty threats.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

What threats? Pikey just wrote what he feels after countless work on Moose that is broken as hell now cos of changes and long lasting/new bugs after 2.5.6. Nobody listen from ED to Moose devs wishes to fix and bug reports.

My dynamic campaign Moose project is pile of rubbish now. I have very same feelings.

What threats? Pikey just wrote what he feels after countless work on Moose that is broken as hell now cos of changes and long lasting/new bugs after 2.5.6. Nobody listen from ED to Moose devs wishes to fix and bug reports.

My dynamic campaign Moose project is pile of rubbish now. I have very same feelings.

+1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

No idea on what ED are doing. but i can presume that they will fix what is broken by being reported or they already know they going to break certain things and still need to figure out how to resolve them.

and yes sorry about all the hard work you guys have done; i just do not think that fixing old stuff is not always the correct answer if a new version of implementing things maybe better.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

What old stuff you are talking about? It is long lasting things that are broken. Like deleting destroyed units. Unreliable triggering of events that works in SP and not in MP or vice versa or at all. Now exploding planes spawned on ground. Have even slightest idea what is broken now in Moose or you just talking from thin air? A lot of community content is based on Moose. I can imagine how tiresome is looking for workarounds for Moose devs and even it is not always fully possible or reliable.

I respect your opinion though. Mine is different.

Edited by ataribaby

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

@ataribaby This is beta, it is unstable and I simply do not understand why do you make missions for it. I would never invest my time to fix stuff broken in beta. They maybe fix the bugs and you just end up with wasted time exploring workarounds.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

What old stuff you are talking about? It is long lasting things that are broken. Like deleting destroyed units. Unreliable triggering of events that works in SP and not in MP or vice versa or at all. Now exploding planes spawned on ground. Have even slightest idea what is broken now in Moose or you just talking from thin air? A lot of community content is based on Moose. I can imagine how tiresome is looking for workarounds for Moose devs and even it is not always fully possible or reliable.

I respect your opinion though. Mine is different.

+1

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk