Possible better business model for trainer aircraft?

Gungriffen

I've thought about this for a few years. The idea of a trainer is to help new people learn to F̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ fly in DCS.

Issue is no new player is going to up $60 to learn to fly in a game they're not sure about then another $60 to fly a combat aircraft. Up till now this has left trainers being flown by pro's who have gotten bored with most other modules.

With Heatblur selling,

"F-14A/B by Heatblur Simulations Crew-Pack (2 licenses)

Regular price $159.98"

I started to wonder, what if trainers were sold as a "2 man trainer crew pack" for $120ish and then the owner could "host" an aircraft with a free slot others could join into. When the host disconnected the plane would despawn removing the "guest".

This way trainers could be used to train new players and the license price will cover the guest.

Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...
Up till now this has left trainers being flown by pro's who have gotten bored with most other modules.

The 2-pack licence isn't a bad idea per se, but the ZA Albie is actually more than just a trainer and thus a great addition to any DCS groundpounder's hangar IMHO. Granted, those real-life planes are most likely used in a pinch when nothing more substantial is available, but they get the job done regardless and the pilots seem to like them too. So yeah, a trainer, but not only a trainer ;)

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 2 months later...

I agree with Mr Gungriffen's line of thought. But only when the aircraft is purely for training.

I particularly like the lineage of secondary aircraft, training, transportation, rotating etc. I like to fly them more than to the more complex modules. They are more fun.

I would love to see more of these included in the DCS, it would be great to have classic aircraft like Alphajet, Provost, Fouga Magister, MB-326 plus more modern types like Yak-130, MB-346 among others.

Aircraft of light or secondary attack are a very important complement, since they usually participate in confrontations of lesser intensity or of simpler countries militarily.

I have a different idea. already posted but maybe is a little tricky to implement.

for a trainer module the best option is giving the free bonus to be in rear cockpit for free for everyone. Why...?

if we let the people only sit at rear cockpit or front cockpit for free, but... with the exception they as no key owner will be there as observers only, no controls at all. Some binoculars and tools to make FACs job will be enough to make FACs task, or Recon missions. Also the AI of this trainers aircraft should be set as FACs/Recon orders in radio menu. while the key holder are on control of the aircraft, anybody can sit there and make observers or more important FACs/Recons task.

That will be a bonus really appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]