New FM?

Vino

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My two penneth.

The flight models for the the 109 and Spitfire are all in need of review.

They suffer from excessively difficult take off and landing characteristics. My view is it's due to a lack of ground inertia and too much adverse torque from the propeller? It's like trying to take off a model airplane in a crosswind?

In the 109, I have to fight with rudder pedals on take off. There is always a tendency to impart too much right rudder and then the corresponding left roll sets in. Excessive rudder should not be necessary. Whilst gear down does demonstrate a pitch down moment the drag is not sufficient. Same with flaps. Not enough drag when they are down. This applies to the Spit, albeit to a lesser degree.

I was excited when I first got Normandy and all the warbirds. But gave up flying them after a while. Engine damage model being a putt of. The Spits powerful two stage supercharger was negated by the early demise of the engine cooling system in a climb.

Also the Spitfire lower cockpit is excessively bright, which doesn't do the graphics any good, they look cartoon like, whilst the instrumment panel is excellent.

I only use the release version of DCS World, so I look forward to seeing any future improvements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

They suffer from excessively difficult take off and landing characteristics. My view is it's due to a lack of ground inertia and too much adverse torque from the propeller? It's like trying to take off a model airplane in a crosswind?
I don't think that's the case, real deal is probably even harder though they feel the seat of their pants, but if something FMs has been dumbed down a bit since release and it's not that hard to take off or land, just don't compare to other so called sims, compare to RL.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

difitult ??

i have absoluty no problem with take off or landing any warbirds in DCS since i started using manula prop in bf109 i found it very easy to take off just read manual and practise

regarding to dificulties of bf109 landing and take off characteristics if i recall corretly there was about 30% loss of german pilots due to this problematic characteristics of bf109 so if i can take off with bf109 i would say that its too easy in dcs not too dificult

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

i have absoluty no problem with take off or landing any warbirds in DCS since i started using manula prop in bf109 i found it very easy to take off just read manual and practise

regarding to dificulties of bf109 landing and take off characteristics if i recall corretly there was about 30% loss of german pilots due to this problematic characteristics of bf109 so if i can take off with bf109 i would say that its too easy in dcs not too dificult

Out of interest was that a statistic covering the whole of the wars total losses? Across all levels of pilot, early and late war, indiscriminate of rank?

I think I heard alot of problems were due to switching airfields during the late stages of the war when they were pushed further and futher back into Germany with better airfields. But I think before that it would only have been new flyers who were affected.

But don't quote me on any of that as I am a bit vague, and obviously have no statistics to back me up. But I did hear that it was a problem that affected everybody from new pilots and even old hands and aces.

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,