VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Hey Grey Rider. The Grass doesn't render until you're very close to it. When it does pop up, it's vey abrupt, darker, and dominates the imagery.

I think what he is saying, is can we remove the simplified grass rendering done by this mod without affecting any other aspect.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

A masterpiece of optimization, bravo!

The general effect of the mod installation, as from the upgrade of hardware for a couple thousand dollars.

My Vega has stopped choking and discards frequencies from idleness.

VR HP Reverb G2, Monitor Samsung C32HG70, CPU Ryzen 5800Х3D, MSI X570 ACE, RAM CMK32GX4M2F4000C19 2X16Gb (@3600), M.2 960PRO 500Gb, M.2 2000Gb, VGA RedDevil 6900XTU, EKWB CPU+GPU

Thanks for the mod, working well with all aircraft except the Yak-52.

I'm having a performance problem only when the engine propellers are running, when looking through the propellers (so looking forward), the fps fall drastically.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

I think what he is saying, is can we remove the simplified grass rendering done by this mod without affecting any other aspect.

I played around with eliminating the grass Folder / files etc..., no joy.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I played around with eliminating the grass Folder / files etc..., no joy.

i previously achieved this... but i cant remember what i tweaked in the mod.. as i recall it was within the atmosphere2 and or tonemap files... but i cant say for sure.. sorry for the useless post... but it did work..

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

i previously achieved this... but i cant remember what i tweaked in the mod.. as i recall it was within the atmosphere2 and or tonemap files... but i cant say for sure.. sorry for the useless post... but it did work..

Not useless. Gives hope.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

If someone is having a performance problem with the Yak-52, it is not related to this mod (which works very well).

Here is the solution ..., for the moment ...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3591602&postcount=5

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

I managed to get rid of the 'bubble' fog(less) effect in the atmosphere2 file, changing the multiplier for the non-weather application to almost 0.0. I wonder whether this is causing the grass colour to be too dark?

At work right now but will check tonight where in the file it was and see if the grass looks right or not.

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

I managed to get rid of the 'bubble' fog(less) effect in the atmosphere2 file, changing the multiplier for the non-weather application to almost 0.0. I wonder whether this is causing the grass colour to be too dark?

At work right now but will check tonight where in the file it was and see if the grass looks right or not.

When you say 'non weather application... can you be more specific please?

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Many times I asked developers to improve the visibility of ground targets for VR-helmets. As usual, requests were been ignored.

The problem is, without special optical systems the visibility of the target is very limited, which is very different both from reality and from visibility on the monitor.

I hope that Kegetys can improve this parameter.

VR HP Reverb G2, Monitor Samsung C32HG70, CPU Ryzen 5800Х3D, MSI X570 ACE, RAM CMK32GX4M2F4000C19 2X16Gb (@3600), M.2 960PRO 500Gb, M.2 2000Gb, VGA RedDevil 6900XTU, EKWB CPU+GPU

Hi.

I would like to get only mask and Antialising size things , no need for other mods.

Anyway to get lite version ?

Antialising is maybe worst performance hog.

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

I continue to experience an error:

this is on a completely new install, any advice please?

Neal

1104182476_moderror.thumb.png.a3af2568f0351a9902a22b8678833369.png

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

Neal

Hey Neal,.. try disabling all mods.. and doing a repair of the dcs install.. then start dcs in stock form and make sure all is working correctly... then exit and re enable the mod...

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Hi Dflippink

Thanks I tried that and works fine. Only does this error on this mod. I ha e a complete new install and only get the error with this mod, I have had it working before but didn’t change anything so it’s a bit bizarre?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi Dflippink

Thanks I tried that and works fine. Only does this error on this mod. I ha e a complete new install and only get the error with this mod, I have had it working before but didn’t change anything so it’s a bit bizarre?

Neal

well.. at one point i screwed up a new install by overwriting its new Bazar file folder with the old one from the previous build... other than a corrupted install, i cant really imagine why it isn't working... unless somehow your mod files are corrupted... or if you have something in the saved games folder that may be somehow affecting it.. did you clear out your fxo and metashader2 folders before re installing the mod?

@Blue - You probably removed a folder you are supposed to backup. I think it's bazar but I'm not sure. You're supposed to make a backup (if you even want to) and then copy some files into the original. The game still needs all the original files in that folder that aren't modified.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Just did it today with the new update. As explained in readme, is the Shaders folder that need to backup and copy the new files there, not the Bazar folder.

By the way, works as usual with the new update :)

yes.. the instructions within the readme.txt of the mod are all accurate and work every time.. just do it in a procedural manner.. also, i think people may be getting confused or forgetting steps when trying to implement with Ovgme.. but you can always refer back to the readme.txt for reference.

For some reason I’m getting much better fps today. I uninstalled the mod and updated DCS. Ok, so this time I didn’t rename the DCS folders back from dcs.old or did I delete the fxo and meta2, I just reinstalled the mod via ovgme. I did actually try and update the you firmware (idea from another thread - which turned out to be already up to date). Anyways going back into DCS my fps are sitting reliably at 45 (apart from in Nevada at Nellis-22 fps). Normandy also has much greater fps and that was really bad for me. One thing I did notice a massive difference was the Time Accelerate, on long trips and getting bored I’d skip time and my fps would always go down to the very low single digits. But now!! Bloody hell, it’s still sitting at 45fps!!! Happy days

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Just did it today with the new update. As explained in readme, is the Shaders folder that need to backup and copy the new files there, not the Bazar folder.

By the way, works as usual with the new update :)

Backing up the bazar folder works as well, as shaders is a sub folder. However, just use OvGME and all the pain is taken away.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I think that this mod will be for a long time the only solution of the VR pilots. For the moment it is still the only way to have a solid performance. No guide to improve performance can be compared, not for VR.

And even for monitor users, the improvement is significant.

The only negative of this mod, is that loading times, are made on little longer in general than without the mod, even with SSD. But I prefer 100 times to wait for the loads to go having low fps and stutters.

:pilotfly:

Edited by E61-v1T1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does it work with the latest patch?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Does it work with the latest patch?

Yes.

Solved

Hi

Neal

You can all stop worrying i solved the problem, basically i am an arse and did not overwrite the shader folder!

Neal

Desktop PC:

You can all stop worrying i solved the problem, basically i am an arse and did not overwrite the shader folder!

Neal

Use OvGME to enable/disable this (and every other) mod and you won’t have that issue.