VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Can someone please tell me how to get the frame rate display to come up? Does it in the Rift headset or is it somewhere else? I bound all the keys I could find that say frame rate monitor (whatever the right name is) in all the different a/c and general settings for the a/c I fly.I have used the performance HUD by enabling it in the Oculus debug settings but it tells frames dropped, not the framerate. And that usually tells me I have negative performance headroom.

So in short I think its improving my game but I ran bone stock yesterday without mods and couldn't tell a difference.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I use the Task Manager performance tab and the Process Lasso tabs up on the sides of the VR scene on the monitor to get some gauge of what the PC is performing at.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Can someone please tell me how to get the frame rate display to come up? Does it in the Rift headset or is it somewhere else? I bound all the keys I could find that say frame rate monitor (whatever the right name is) in all the different a/c and general settings for the a/c I fly.I have used the performance HUD by enabling it in the Oculus debug settings but it tells frames dropped, not the framerate. And that usually tells me I have negative performance headroom.

So in short I think its improving my game but I ran bone stock yesterday without mods and couldn't tell a difference.

Ctrl-pause in game brings up FPS.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I turned on FPS through nVidia GEForce Shadowplay but it puts the FPS on the monitor screen, not in the Rift.My keyboard doesn't have a Pause key so I changed the binding in controls at the main swcreen to F and that does nothing.

I turned on FPS through nVidia GEForce Shadowplay but it puts the FPS on the monitor screen, not in the Rift.My keyboard doesn't have a Pause key so I changed the binding in controls at the main swcreen to F and that does nothing.

Yep, seems to be hardwired to r-ctrl + pause.

New keyboard?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Connected a normal keyboard and it's working now! Thanks!!

I get your drift, thanks.

In 4K with most settings at max and no MSAA, I am getting over 100fps. I don’t get any stuttering or lags. Ever!

However, the old debate about can we tell the difference between 60 and 100 FPS comes to mind.

ah yeah... the old 60,120,144hz dispute!!!.. there is no doubt a difference can be seen...Lol, lot of tense feelings about how critical it is though.. im good with a solid 60 though... its consistent... and until hardware or developers make it so we can lock it at 120 or 144.. thats probably where ill stay..

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Just wanted to post my appreciation for this mod. I managed to increase PD from 1.3 to 1.5, water quality from medium to high, terrain low to medium and use ssaa 1.5 instead of no AA. Visually a huge improvement. For the first time the game looks beautiful and runs in a more acceptable performance level. I wish ED optimized these things better for VR use, this is a must for me now. Only issues I noticed are the moon in PG seems odd, fog has a light blue tint, and despite changing the fov to 0.6 I still see some distortion. Thanks for this, really made my day :thumbup:.

Just wanted to post my appreciation for this mod. I managed to increase PD from 1.3 to 1.5, water quality from medium to high, terrain low to medium and use ssaa 1.5 instead of no AA. Visually a huge improvement. For the first time the game looks beautiful and runs in a more acceptable performance level. I wish ED optimized these things better for VR use, this is a must for me now. Only issues I noticed are the moon in PG seems odd, fog has a light blue tint, and despite changing the fov to 0.6 I still see some distortion. Thanks for this, really made my day :thumbup:.

Interesting that, as SSAA doesn’t work with this mod!

I can confirm that the mod works fine with today's update to 20036.

Yep, always uninstall all mods before any updates to DCS.

Thanks for this and for your setting screen. I noticed that grass don't have a real impact on FPS.

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

The round edges...? Need to be a bit more specific. Round edges of the VR view? For the Rift about .625 is what I use. Adjust the _HMD file with Notepad++.

Added my settings... I get 45 FPS or a bit above and its nice and crisp and smooth!.

edit - I thought my shadows were on High. I never noticed a difference from when they were.

grrr... Seems like sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't. Now I am getting 22 FPS... I think it has something to do with Oculus and ASW, not the mod.

Capture.thumb.PNG.f7e334d4c6b59125205ef1784b4b2ac6.PNG

Capture1.thumb.PNG.db0b57527ab5ab1b37397e05ac26c1af.PNG

Capture2.PNG.ba6bde5a2e431f53f06e4e3f756eb46a.PNG

Capture3.PNG.516f79976f7aa236722577287ec3c2cf.PNG

Capture4.PNG.ce763794de39b122de18306118205685.PNG

Capture5.PNG.e5412103aa09da20a94069ed46bf51b2.PNG

Edited by mariner3302

Hmph.... well, the bad FPS has to do with whether or not ASW is working (on) and if a mod is put in the wrong place that can cause massive jitters. Oh well, at least I know what to try/do if I'm having FPS issues!

Im having building texture issues after installing the mod twice after the latest update. A lot of the building textures are black. Everything is good until i install the mod. I've done a repair to DCS, deleted the 2 shader folders in Saved Games and installed the mod. I've done this twice with the same issue. Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance!!!

igfskacs3esag1p6g.jpg

j4ik87jm5myqdar6g.jpg

***EDIT:***

Nevermind. I figured out the problem. I missed the metacache step twice.:doh:

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Interesting that, as SSAA doesn’t work with this mod!

Thanks for letting me know. I switched from ssaa and adjusted the msaa radius a bit and fov size for my rift (0.62 works nicely). I noticed even more improvements with MSAA 2x concerning performance, not a lot regarding quality. I can see a lot better in VR now. With terrain and water on HIGH, it is a different game than I have been playing.

In general it works and I can see improvements in frame rate - thanks :-)

Do you guys see a visual difference in and outside the MSAA Radius Mask? Visual Mask Radius works for me, I had to adjust it to work with my Oculus. I would expect with MSAA to have a rough un-MSAA'd part on the outside, and a smoother part with less jaggies on the inside. Is this what to expect, or does it look differently?

SSAA is off, NVIDIA Settings in default - tested MSAA with off, 2x and 4x. ...

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

The round edges...? Need to be a bit more specific. Round edges of the VR view? For the Rift about .625 is what I use. Adjust the _HMD file with Notepad++.

Added my settings... I get 45 FPS or a bit above and its nice and crisp and smooth!.

edit - I thought my shadows were on High. I never noticed a difference from when they were.

grrr... Seems like sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't. Now I am getting 22 FPS... I think it has something to do with Oculus and ASW, not the mod.

With this mode, I am getting a ring around; each Oculas VR lens close the the outer edge of the viewing area that mirrors some of the image on the outer edge. I think thats what he mean by round edges.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

With this mode, I am getting a ring around; each Oculas VR lens close the the outer edge of the viewing area that mirrors some of the image on the outer edge. I think thats what he mean by round edges.

You need to adjust the MASKSIZE in the _HMD.hlsl file. I'm using a value of 0.610f

You need to adjust the MASKSIZE in the _HMD.hlsl file. I'm using a value of 0.610f

Ok thanks, Ill give it a shot.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset