VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Thank you for input.

EDIT; Mod allows me 4 x MSAA from 2x in 4k 2D

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

So I’ve tried everything that everyone suggested but I still cannot get this to work. I know the Mods installed. But I do not see any proformance increase in anyway. I will always concede that I’m probably doing it wrong but I can’t get it to work. Now I’ve been trying to do it via OvGME but no joy. I’m going to try and manually do it and see if o get a difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for input.

EDIT; Mod allows me 4 x MSAA from 2x in 4k 2D

I don’t run any MSAA in 4K in 2D. You don’t need it when running at 4K. Simply not necessary at such hi resolutions.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

So I’ve tried everything that everyone suggested but I still cannot get this to work. I know the Mods installed. But I do not see any proformance increase in anyway. I will always concede that I’m probably doing it wrong but I can’t get it to work. Now I’ve been trying to do it via OvGME but no joy. I’m going to try and manually do it and see if o get a difference.

I don’t understand why you are having a problem with this. Using OvGMEis useful, but not essential.

There are 3 simple steps

1) copy and save your original Bazar folder

2) copy the files from the mod into the original Bazar folder

3) delete the contents of fxo and metashaders2 folders in your Saved Games folder.

Run DCS and wait up to 10 mins for a first run.

What is going wrong for you? How do you know it’s not working? Do you get a circle when looking at your monitor mirror when running DCS?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I’ve installed the mod. I’ve done everything you said. What I’m trying to say is that the mod no longer working after the last update, which I find difficult to believe as others are able to get this to work. Now I can tell the mod is installed as on my computer screen I can see the rounded edges from the mod that aren’t there normally. However I am getting no increase in performance. I’m only getting 23-29 FPS just as I was when I don’t have the mod installed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’ve installed the mod. I’ve done everything you said. What I’m trying to say is that the mod no longer working after the last update, which I find difficult to believe as others are able to get this to work. Now I can tell the mod is installed as on my computer screen I can see the rounded edges from the mod that aren’t there normally. However I am getting no increase in performance. I’m only getting 23-29 FPS just as I was when I don’t have the mod installed.

Can’t help on that, but it would be useful to put your hardware in your signature.

perhaps you should try to repair or re install dcs... and then apply the mod.

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Delete fxshaders and metashaders in your saved games/dcs folder. Startup dcs. Dcs rebuilds the shaders and your fps are back. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I had this, too. It was simple for me - the Mods\terrains\****\misc\metacache\dcs

folders had reappeared after the update (makes sense) - so I simply went through the complete mod installation procedure again and it was sorted.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Delete fxshaders and metashaders in your saved games/dcs folder. Startup dcs. Dcs rebuilds the shaders and your fps are back. :D

As you can read above, he's tried that. Anyway, it's the fxo and metshaders2 folders you need to empty.

For clearing the cache you can make a .bat file with the follwoing content (change paths to match yours):

del /q "C:\Users\silent\Saved Games\DCS\fxo"

del /q "C:\Users\silent\Saved Games\DCS\metashaders2"

del /q "G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs"

del /q "G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\terrains\Nevada\misc\metacache\dcs"

del /q "G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\terrains\Normandy\misc\metacache\dcs"

del /q "G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\terrains\PersianGulf\misc\metacache\dcs"

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

For clearing the cache you can make a .bat file with the follwoing content (change paths to match yours):

:thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Actually someone pointed out was that this mod only works if the GPU is what is causing the problems. Not sure that’s what my problem is. So I could just be the MODs doesn’t really work for me as my GPU isn’t the problem. I’m just inclined to go with out it for now. Hopefully ED releases Vulcan at some point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually someone pointed out was that this mod only works if the GPU is what is causing the problems. Not sure that’s what my problem is. So I could just be the MODs doesn’t really work for me as my GPU isn’t the problem. I’m just inclined to go with out it for now. Hopefully ED releases Vulcan at some point.

well... the mod works... but you may indeed have other problems..

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

well... the mod works... but you may indeed have other problems..

It does work, but my gut feeling has always been that people with high end systems see less benefit than those with lesser hardware.

We don’t know his hardware, and it would be interesting to know.

It does work, but my gut feeling has always been that people with high end systems see less benefit than those with lesser hardware.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3567606&postcount=186

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

We don’t know his hardware, and it would be interesting to know.

sure... i mean that sounds reasonable... im seeing an approximate 15% load reduction on a 1080ti..

I found this mod greatly improved my VR performance. With my FX8350 and GTX1070 the CPU was bottle necking the GPU and this mod allows me to run higher shadows and msaa while keeping my 38fps.

Great Job!

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

I was getting the same thing before the last update. I was able to run MSAAx4and PD of 2.5 at the same FPS with MSAA off and 1.5 PD. But since the last update I’ve come up empty handed. My system is fairly good. The worst part of my system is the Motherboard witch is an i-5 not an i7 but I have an Nvidia 1080ti with 32 GB of RAM. I’m not on my computer right now so I don’t know the exact numbers off the top of my head.

But I’m also willing to accept that it was all just a placebo affect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, how do you test to see if CPU is the bottleneck? What software do you use to measure CPU/GPU loads?

Guys, how do you test to see if CPU is the bottleneck? What software do you use to measure CPU/GPU loads?

i use any of a few, but most often just have CAM and Task Manager or sometimes Afterburner open on my reference display as it gives me a basic and decent display of graphs... there are alot of options out there, mostly just revisions of Riva Tuner though..

Ok, so my CPU load is always 19/24% and my GPU is always 100% no matter what resolution (outside of VR) or in VR.

Around 5Gb video ram used in 2D and 7Gb in VR.

None of this changes with or without the mod.

Ok, so my CPU load is always 19/24% and my GPU is always 100% no matter what resolution (outside of VR) or in VR.

Around 5Gb video ram used in 2D and 7Gb in VR.

None of this changes with or without the mod.

im guessing you are probably chasing MAX fps.. that will always bottleneck one of the two(CPU/GPU).. in 4k, around 75-80fps with all high settings and no MSAA, the 1080 ti is pretty close to reaching its threshold with DCS... if you tell it to go as fast as it can, it will try... 100%.. but if you set an acceptable goal for it,.. say 60fps (Vsync)... it will just do it... easily.. at about 70-85% load range with headroom to spare, and no lags or stutters of any kind.. and thats without the mod... with the mod, it will bring that down to 45-68% load range... but without setting any sort of frame limit (Vsync),.. it will always be pushing the card to its threshold... and manifesting the drawbacks that come along with doing so (variable frame rates, stutters, throttling, lags, ect)..

im guessing you are probably chasing MAX fps.. that will always bottleneck one of the two(CPU/GPU).. in 4k, around 75-80fps with all high settings and no MSAA, the 1080 ti is pretty close to reaching its threshold with DCS... if you tell it to go as fast as it can, it will try... 100%.. but if you set an acceptable goal for it,.. say 60fps (Vsync)... it will just do it... easily.. at about 70-85% load range with headroom to spare, and no lags or stutters of any kind.. and thats without the mod... with the mod, it will bring that down to 45-68% load range... but without setting any sort of frame limit (Vsync),.. it will always be pushing the card to its threshold... and manifesting the drawbacks that come along with doing so (variable frame rates, stutters, throttling, lags, ect)..

I get your drift, thanks.

In 4K with most settings at max and no MSAA, I am getting over 100fps. I don’t get any stuttering or lags. Ever!

However, the old debate about can we tell the difference between 60 and 100 FPS comes to mind.