BRD pedals - a few doubts

Hi guys. Seeing that MFG "combat" pedals never seem to arrive, I am more and more interested in the BRD Su-35 ones, despite the customs issue.

I understand that there are two basic actuation systems:

BRD-MS3/F3:

file.php?id=8036&sid=34b62453de1d6ccadb85db5f2f95c42e

BRD-F1/F2:

file.php?id=8056

I would like to know how the BRD-MS3/F3 works (see attachment, sorry for the low quality drawing :music_whistling:). When you push one pedal, the footrests rotate with the arms of the pedal as in (2) or they stay parallel as in (1)?

attachment.php?attachmentid=175489&stc=1&d=1515000510

Is there any difference in maximum longitudinal displacement between these MS3/F3 and the F1/F2?

Any difference again between MS3/F3 and F1/F2 models in distance between footrests?

Do the MS3/F3 models come with a CAM system? How is the default one? Are there other CAM options for the MS3/F3 models?

How is the wear with the use of the MS3/F3 models? Having only one axis in the middle it looks like a weak point for durability to me, the other option looks stronger.

Thanks a lot!

pedal.jpg.04dae8cdf84871651d6de0a690eaabc6.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The pedals rotate and remain parallel to the feet -> 1.

Here is a Drawing: http://avia-sim.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=7956

I can't say anything about the exact dimensions compared to the F1/F2.

But you can find drawings with the dimensions of MS3/F3 here: http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=908&p=29351#p29351

And a drawing with the F1/F2 is here: https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=158705&d=1489149239

It looks like the MS3/F3 are a little wider 602mm to 520mm. Maybe Baur can give you more details.

As far as I know the MS3/F3 don't have changeable cams.

It is a M10 bolt and a M8(?) bolt with ball bearings. I don't think there will be any problems as long as the pedals are used properly.

Edited by Red Yeti
  • Like 1

How is the wear with the use of the MS3/F3 models? Having only one axis in the middle it looks like a weak point for durability to me, the other option looks stronger.

The curved design may indulge think that are only one pivot point in the middle, but is two like in F1/F2, both use a "deformable parallelogram" as structure.

In MS3/F3 are two pivot bolt(screw) in the center, the long and the short.

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot guys for your replies, they were all very helpful.

I see now that both systems are parallelograms, but still the second design looks more rigid and stable to me.

If someone can comment on his first hand experience on how the curved design handles wear and whether it develops some play or not after some time of usage I would be very grateful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Re: the MFG combat pedals, I emailed Milan a month or two ago regarding this, and he said that they're still planned, hopefully ready sometime during the beginning of this year.

And in August/September of last year, he told me "yes, now I will work hard on it and prototype for production will be done by end of september, but we still need time to produce in enough quantity after that... We will probably start taking orders for combat style in October or November on same principle as we take orders now." He had said similar to others prior to this as well. The process seems to be dragging on for whatever reason (I am sure there is a good one). I am sure they will be great whenever they are released, it just might be a while still...hard to say, and hard to take his estimates with much more than a grain of salt.

Nonetheless, there are better options available anyway...a perfect example being the BRD F2 pedals. Never did much digging on the F3, etc because I wanted to be able to install a damper.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Mine seems fine after nearly a year. Can always grab the tools and tighten it up if nee dby I suppose, though I think it’s a case of buying the right tool for the job. I chose the F3 because the design works best for the simpit I am building (the boomerang design results in a more compact build). If this is not a consideration for you...

Z...

• Like 1

Hey guys, one last thing: how do you contact Baur? I sent him a private message in this forum but he won't reply.

Just PM'ed you his email. Remember that he only speaks Russian so everything you type and he types will be put through Google Translate...so avoid slang where possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hi guys! Yes, I really do not understand English very well (hello to the google translator).

In this topic, you discussed many questions and I understood them :)) But not all. And maybe not right :))

I just returned from a business trip. And therefore did not answer in private messages. Therefore, I will answer all at once here.

Now I sell pedals only in a set for self-assembly (DIY). After I became the chief designer of the virpil controls, I absolutely do not have time to collect the pedals.

Pedals series F1 (F2) almost ended. I will not start production again.

Pedals series F3 (MS3) can be ordered. But only in the form of a set for self-assembly. Assembly themes in English unfortunately do not. I never did a translation, because 80% of the products are bought in Russia. I have no problems with sales.

What will happen in the future ??? Of course pedals will be produced. When it will be? I can not tell you. I can only smile and recommend that you follow the announcements of the virpil controls.

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The instructions in Russian on the website are easy enough to understand with Google Translate when using Chrome, the photos are good, and the details are there. The translations can be rather amusing (especially when describing the amount of force needed), but it's all quite clear. My biggest issue was getting too excited and not keeping all the plastic bags tied together.. Erm.. together. The parts are all well packed, and attached to the right hardware for each stage.

I think it took me about 3-4 hours all up, and it's actually quite fun. In fact, I'm considering taking mine apart again and getting certain parts powder coated in different colours (perhaps a vibrant blue or yellow for the pedals and one of two the the metal braces).

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

• 9 months later...

I just wanted to post a follow up.

I finally got my BRD-MS3 pedals from Baur and they are really nice! Now I will need to adapt to them but the brakes feel so good in resistance and long travel!

It has taken some time for me to assemble them because I didn't know that it was needed to put rivets and I didn't have the tool. :cry: Well, problem solved now. Also did a little mod to lower their height as I could not reach them very well: they seem optimized for a low seat, like a C152 while I am more like in a C172 position at my computer (the mod can be seen in the side picture). And finally added a wooden board as platform for best stability and with enough space to slide my feet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=195821&stc=1&d=1539378070attachment.php?attachmentid=195829&stc=1&d=1539379928

attachment.php?attachmentid=195830&stc=1&d=1539379928

attachment.php?attachmentid=195831&stc=1&d=1539379928

attachment.php?attachmentid=195823&stc=1&d=1539378070

IMG_20181012_122430_HDR.thumb.jpg.3320f1eb3db04743e6c77648d7e63e05.jpg

IMG_20181012_122507_HDR.thumb.jpg.cda2d1cfe439ac4ef1103dea1cf37cd2.jpg

IMG_20181012_122549_HDR.thumb.jpg.200b04c918043b57a4709fd57133700f.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had that same doubt before purchasing them and asked in this very thread. You can see the responses. Right now yes, they feel very solid. Let's see how they wear with the time.

They are not tilted to the right but in rest position the right pedal stays a bit more backward than the left one. With the wide lens this is why the right pedal looks lower. I guess it has to do with the CAM. Not that annoying to be honest, what I think I would have preferred is a more linear CAM for yaw.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My configuration was 17400 rubles (it depends on what exactly you purchase) + customs. My mod and board was about 10-12€.

The wait was long because he didn't have stock and he went away, doing stuff with Virpil. But you better ask Baur because he recently received the kits and as Sokol says, he might still have stock now.

PS: I got one of those Virpil electronics kits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...