[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

mine stopped working after the latest DCS updates. I cant get ot to connect to the sim both in open beta and release. Xplane still works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Mine too and i'm using vanila , no mods or add on's. totaly stumped. Any ideas Andre ?

f4l0, I really enjoy using SimShaker and it does a fine job, but have you ever considered opening up more of the software for user customization? I'd really like to be able to adjust what each effect does to the motors. For example, I find the increased g-feel vibration on one side or the other based on bank angle to be unrealistic.

Thanks for the consideration!

f4l0, I really enjoy using SimShaker and it does a fine job, but have you ever considered opening up more of the software for user customization? I'd really like to be able to adjust what each effect does to the motors. For example, I find the increased g-feel vibration on one side or the other based on bank angle to be unrealistic.

Thanks for the consideration!

Hi aaron,

SSA uses effect files to control the seat. These files can be modified by the user using the UWVeditor shipped with SSA. Instructions are listed in the SSA manual shipped with the software...

PS: I personally do not use the G force effect...

• 3 weeks later...

For months now the SSA Module hangs/locks up when flying. Does this happen to anybody else? Is there any fix to it?

I have to close the window or stop the task to stop the shaking. When I click on the window I just get an hourglass. I have to right-click the Taskbar icon and click close or End Task on it.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi Snacko,

I've no problems on my side. Does it stop shaking if you pause DCS? How do you exit DCS? SSA scans for the dcs.exe in the task manager/process list. Once dcs.exe is terminated, SSA should close/stop itself...

Cheers

It works ok for several minutes. 5, 10, 15 minutes. No, it does not stop shaking if I pause DCS. That's usually my first indication something is wrong. It doesn't even stop if I Exit DCS. I always exit DCS from the main menu Exit button, or from a mission sometimes I select Exit to Desktop from the popup menu.

I was wondering if I made the module to run as Admin if that might help? But I don't know where the .exe is located. I think I remember searching the registry to find it one time, but haven't had time. But I doubt that will help.

I just booted up and started DCS and received this .NET Framework Error (Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application.. Click Continue or Quit). I've only received this error rarely, maybe once every week or two.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)

at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.DCSDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)

at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)

at SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()

at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

SimShaker for Aviators

Assembly Version: 1.3.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.3.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andy/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/PJ80X92J.ELZ/Y3LP245E.9B7/sims..tion_8d02fb54339bfb80_0001.0003_3a0c629172b45d5b/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I have noticed that mine will stop shaking if I restart a mission to quickly. It seems that as long as I give it 3 seconds or longer before clicking "fly again" the vibes keep working.
Hmm, I'll try that when I get a chance.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

That's the interesting part... SSA uses dedicated (fixed) network ports to communicate with DCS. If something blocks this port, the app crashes. I might add there a more suitable error message. However, this has nothing todo with the no stopping effect...

As Spectre says, SSA requires/waits some seconds till it could establish a valid (multipoint) connection to DCS and initialize/synchronize all internal variables.

So are you saying that it is a known issue that you should stop between missions and wait for the shaking to stop? IDKT

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

I never had this issue, so I would not call it a know issue. But, I can imaging what's going wrong. Are you staying in the same aircraft type? If so, AFAIK DCS does not report that you restart and thus SSA does not stop... However, this should not cause such an issue, in worst case, SSA would be out of sync for a few moments...

• 2 weeks later...

Simshaker isnt responding to dcs anymore, I started using it with p3d and since nothing appears in the debug screen on the app

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Simshaker isnt responding to dcs anymore, I started using it with p3d and since nothing appears in the debug screen on the app

Please check your export.lua! You may attach it here, I bet, another application kicked all SSA-related entries out of the export.lua...

Okay thanks.

Yes, your export.lua is bugged. You may rename/remove it and let SSA create a new one...

Update: Hazzer, where did you find that export.lua? The export.lua i'm interested in is located in your DCS profile in the Saved Games folder...

Edited by f4l0

Yes, your export.lua is bugged. You may rename/remove it and let SSA create a new one...

Update: Hazzer, where did you find that export.lua? The export.lua i'm interested in is located in your DCS profile in the Saved Games folder...

this is the correct one

Export.lua

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Any Chance we will see support for IL2 BOX any day? Miss it there a lot :'(

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I've done some further testing in regards to restarting a mission too quickly causing SSA to stop working.

It doesn't always happen, but I have found that it is much more likely to fail if I use Left Ctrl + R to do an instant restart of the current single player mission. I only fly in the Rift so that may be a factor somehow, I just haven't tested in 2D.

This happened on both my old i7-920 computer and on my new 8086K rig. I've also repaired DCS and reinstalled SSA on the new rig and it persists.

It is easy to avoid, at the end of a mission I press Esc and wait 1-2 seconds for the vibes to stop before ending the mission. When I get to the debrief screen, I wait another 1-2 seconds before clicking "fly again".

It would be nice to be able to use Ctrl+R to restart as it is about 20 seconds faster because it skips the debrief screen and the loading involved there.

Edited by Spectre1986

I've done some further testing in regards to restarting a mission too quickly causing SSA to stop working.

It doesn't always happen, but I have found that it is much more likely to fail if I use Left Ctrl + R to do an instant restart of the current single player mission. I only fly in the Rift so that may be a factor somehow, I just haven't tested in 2D.

This happened on both my old i7-920 computer and on my new 8086K rig. I've also repaired DCS and reinstalled SSA on the new rig and it persists.

It is easy to avoid, at the end of a mission I press Esc and wait 1-2 seconds for the vibes to stop before ending the mission. When I get to the debrief screen, I wait another 1-2 seconds before clicking "fly again".

It would be nice to be able to use Ctrl+R to restart as it is about 20 seconds faster because it skips the debrief screen and the loading involved there.

The problem is, DCS does not report that restart. I might check for ctrl+r but if someone uses a different key combination, this approach fails...

I'll revisit this issue in the future...