Hornet seat doesn't physically move?

Bagpipe

As per the title, I was thoroughly impressed the other day sitting in my viper going up and down and up and down and...you get the picture.

Anyway, i noticed a lot of older modules infact have the seat physically moving up and down but not the case with the hornet. Instead the camera view just moves up and down which just breaks that all important immersion factor (for me anyway, i move my seat alot)

Is this to be implemented like the viper or just not gonna happen?

As per the title, I was thoroughly impressed the other day sitting in my viper going up and down and up and down and...you get the picture.

Anyway, i noticed a lot of older modules infact have the seat physically moving up and down but not the case with the hornet. Instead the camera view just moves up and down which just breaks that all important immersion factor (for me anyway, i move my seat alot)

Is this to be implemented like the viper or just not gonna happen?

Isn’t the camera view your view? If it moves up and down, isn’t that because the seat is going up and down? I set the seat once each flight, and never have a reason to move it again. Why do you?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Isn’t the camera view your view? If it moves up and down, isn’t that because the seat is going up and down? I set the seat once each flight, and never have a reason to move it again. Why do you?
He's saying that he expects the physical seat to move, as it should. It doesn't. It's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to have, since the option exists in other modules.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The hornet seat moves up and down; there's a little toggle switch beside the left side of seat. Also the other handle/switch there is to lock your harness down, so for launch of carrier etc you want it tighter.

The hornet seat moves up and down; there's a little toggle switch beside the left side of seat. Also the other handle/switch there is to lock your harness down, so for launch of carrier etc you want it tighter.

The toggle moves and your view goes up and down but the seat does not move (in dcs)

How important it is to people that you have proper scale in VR? Meaning your cockpit doesn't feel too big or too small?

The seat height is same thing, just like your seat harness. You do feel very distracted when you look down to cockpit and you see that you are floating above chair. It immediately takes you away from immersion being inside cockpit, and throws you to experience of the flat screen.

Why you set seat altitude to match your real seat, and then you set your height by seat altitude.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Does it really matter... .......

Yes, it matters.

New tech is usually applied to new modules first (wing vapor is a good example). The Viper was released after the Hornet, and the A10C cockpit upgrade was done after the Viper was released. They both received this feature. I think this feature only applies to the Viper and the Hog at the moment, and will most likely be added sometime in the future.

Edited by BarTzi

Yes, it matters.

New tech is usually applied to new modules first (wing vapor is a good example). The Viper was released after the Hornet, and the A10C cockpit upgrade was done after the Viper was released. They both received this feature. I think this feature only applies to the Viper and the Hog at the moment, and will most likely be added sometime in the future.

Ok... the F5 and I-16 also feature moving seats :)

As posted above, it is not a big deal it's just a simple question to the devs whether it will be implemented.

Edited by Bagpipe