Low Altitude Warning not working with Gear extended.

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I'm trying to perform a realistic Cold Start, and part of the procedure is a check of the Low Altitude Warning, which should be like this:

18. Radio altimeter — Check. 

a) Altitude limit selector dial — Set to K, then any position except OFF.

b) Audio signal — Heard within 3 to 10 sec. 

c) DANGER ALT light — Check ON. 

d) Within 2 to 3 minutes, Radio altimeter — Indicates zero (± 5 m). 

e) Altitude limit selector dial — Set as required for the Mission.

I can live with having no "K" position on the english cockpit, and also with the unrealistically short warm-up times for the equipment.

However, the low altitude audio warning and light don't work if the landing gear is extended, making it impossible to check the system prior to the flight. A side-effect is that it also can't be used while landing.

Hopefully the developer can fix this. Thanks,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

hmm, I don't know the Fishbed in particular, but I think in most planes they assume that if you have the gear down and you're at low altitude, you are either taking off or landing and therefore want to be there and don't need a distracting alarm. However, you would expect the test function to still work, why else would it be on the preflight?

With the exception of the "K" position for instrument check sequence and warm-up times, there's nothing to fix.

The not mentioned aspects that aren't exactly right are that automatic climb requires being in stab. or leveling mode already. Flight not in these modes won't engage automatic climb regardless. The automatic climb is also incorrect in pitch as well as not automatically changing over to the leveling mode after a brief climb. The light should also be red instead of green.

... there's nothing to fix.

Items (b) and © don't work, so it's impossible to do the ground check as stated on the manual.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Because there's no "K" function on the limit alt switch. If that switch positioned was denied to you in the real airplane it would similarly be impossible to do the ground check.

Maybe the phrase "with the exception of" was confusing.

"контроль"

This is the word I see a lot in Cyrillic cockpits.

Examples:

Ka-50: КОНТРОЛЬ Т ГАЗОВ ДВИГ РАБОТ (Running engines exhaust gas temperature indicator test)

КОНТРОЛЬ Т ГАЗОВ ДВИГ НЕ РАБОТ (Stopped engines exhaust gas temperature indicator test)

КОНТРОЛЬ ТОПЛИВОМЕРА (Self test fuel quantity indicator)

this word repeats in the Ka-50 manual 20 times.

30 matches in the Mi-8MTV2 manual.

The L-39 and MiG-15bis manuals use the English cockpit for the manuals so I can't do an easy search.

In FSX I use a Tu-154B2 and that word контроль is all over the panels too. When I see it I mostly associate it with a lights or instrument check.

... I like to fly in Russian :joystick: