Spring Tension "Night Convoy" mission

I've tried this mission five or six times now and I'm finding it really hard on two counts. I can't aim worth a damn and the Mi24 "109" never engages the convoy. Has anyone had success with this mission lately, is 109 supposed to assist with the convoy attack?

I'm sure when i played this mission a couple of years ago the convoy halted and you had to land to inspect the convoy?

I think the helicopter AI is especially bad. The formation work is horrendous. They appear to fly a ToT to each waypoint and then they pause/slow down. They also try to terrain follow way too much. You don't get super low when crossing canyons. The AI attempts to cross into a canyon then descend to the canyon floor which means they have to make a huge climb to get across the next peak. The right way to do this would be to stay high across short canyon crossings or better yet, plan a route that takes you through canyons not across them. The AI has taken me into box canyons which is the last thing you want to do in a helicopter if you can help it. Formation landings are a disaster as well. Chock 2 tends to turn around while on approach which hangs me out to dry. The mission composition could be a little more clear as well. When landing to a FARP the mission could specify that you land in a certain spot. "103, take pad 4" or "103, you land on the far west pad." That is type of thing that we would have planned out prior to landing either over the radio or in the brief.

Maybe I'll mess around witht he mission planning and see if AI helo formation altitudes can be improved.

I've tried this mission five or six times now and I'm finding it really hard on two counts. I can't aim worth a damn and the Mi24 "109" never engages the convoy. Has anyone had success with this mission lately, is 109 supposed to assist with the convoy attack?

I'm sure when i played this mission a couple of years ago the convoy halted and you had to land to inspect the convoy?

I recently flew that mission. I had to try several times. First I am to trigger happy and run out of ammo. Second time I miss some vehicle and search for a while and giving up. Third I try to aim better and flew low and got myself into the explosion&debris... Then I tried to take it very easy and slow, shot a few rounds and wait for results, go around taking time to line up, almost standing still and waiting for them to travel to me. Low, slow and shot a few rounds at the first vehicle. After a few circuits all vehicles seems destroyed and I just waited to get a message "mission accomplished" but that didn't come. So, I went in slow and low and took a look, and about ten men stood around the vehicles so I had to go shooting them down. It took me several circuits and it wasn't easy targeting small things I could hardly see (Oculus Rift), but I finally got the last one and RTB.

For me, this was the hardest mission (yet, up to at least nr 15).

Thanks for the advice gents, at least i'm not the only one finding this mission to be a bit tough. I had hoped that the campaigns would have been "fixed" by this point in the year, im perfectly willing to accept that the updates can cause issues with AI and triggers, but 6 or 7 months seems like enough time to expect some polish to be applied to the "content". :music_whistling: