DCS: Fw 190A-8 Discussion

NineLine

• ED Team

guys, who has information that glowed on devices in the dark? On the frontal panel everything is clear, interest more side.

Я принимаю модели, а вы мучаетесь, но у вас растет мастерство!!!:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
It is oxygen flow indicator. Changing colours (kind of moving membrane) from black to white and back when oxygen flow is present. Same is in the FW190D... When you close oxygen valve it stops moving...

how how the black plate which closes white windows is arranged does this membrane work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

guys, how this device works? Its scheme.

Кмк там пластинка эта елозит вперёд-назад судя по разным фоткам где она на разном расстоянии. Но это не точно.

Хотя вот прикрепил фотку где он разобран и видны два лепестка. А на д9-й как сделан? Там же он есть уже.

https://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/fl-30489-sauerstoffwaechter-1944-2

gerat.thumb.jpg.c2322e47ed5ef2c5ec94cfbaeeaa2f74.jpg

Capture.JPG.c901e8bef8b8bf2806a3bf577fcea08f.JPG

Edited by Maler

"Screw you guys, i'm going home."

• ED Team
Кмк там пластинка эта елозит вперёд-назад судя по разным фоткам где она на разном расстоянии. Но это не точно.

Хотя вот прикрепил фотку где он разобран и видны два лепестка. А на д9-й как сделан? Там же он есть уже.

[/url]

На D9 сделано неправильно. Лепестки, учитывая их форму, разъезжаются в стороны. Интересно как это реализовано.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

На D9 сделано неправильно. Лепестки, учитывая их форму, разъезжаются в стороны. Интересно как это реализовано.
IIRC I think MiG-15 oxygen device works the very same, it's pretty much the same instrument I believe, if that maybe helpful.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

guys, who has information that glowed on devices in the dark? On the frontal panel everything is clear, interest more side.
If it's the same as 109, instruments don't glow at all (although painted in radioactive radium) but when UV lamp is switched on and white reflects that. Except for gear/flaps indicator having lights (as well as any other single example I can be forgetting right now) the rest of it doesn't, I think.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

guys, I want that everything was good! That you did not write then that color not correct.
Here you have, again. This is an original 109 seat, a bit dusty but I think the colour is clearly shown in a pic dating present days and not 40's.

S!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.d67634aec609a1b831fd627bbf5a0f3a.jpg

s-l1600-3.thumb.jpg.1f8d524cfea8400beebe246417652162.jpg

s-l1600-4.thumb.jpg.29c9bf969be1c1777b2577e6ae731cea.jpg

On the topic of A-8 paint, but this time on the outside...

Knowing that the A-8 in DCS is based on a specific aircraft (REF), I went hunting to see if I could find other examples of the A-8. What I'm thinking of is what sorts of paintschemes we could possibly get.

I found a photo suggesting a "white scheme" (REF), but didn't see any "brown schemes" . I am guessing that the A-8 was introduced so late that the Italian campaign had moved up into greener areas.

However, I did find mention of an F-8 in brown-dapple colours (REF)... although I'm not sure how reliable this is and I couldn't find a more definitive reference. Would that be too much of a stretch? It would certainly be great to have an appropriate paint scheme to use the A-8 on a blank patch of desert on the Nevada or Persia maps.

Another stretch might be Hungary, which also used the F-8 (REF). I know that the F-8 and A-8 are different, but I still think they are sufficiently similar to warrant some F-8 paintschemes.

I also looked to see if I could find any Arctic paintschemes. The FW 190 was used by JG5 in Northern Norway in the defence of the deep-water ports (such as air-cover over the battleship Tirpitz)... not sure if it was the A-8 being used though. Still, I would be very curious to know if it was! Does anyone else know?

PS: I found this A-8 picture too: link ... surely worth a caption competition. ;)

Fw 190F-8 with sand (RLM79) and green (RLM80?) were used by Stab., I. and II./SG 4 in 1944.

It was not factory camo, it was painted on unit level, it was overpainted standard camo.

Owerpainted swastika on "White 11" was not exception, "Black 10" was without it too.

Fw190F811bianco-vi.jpg.24f60d13d67a0d0cc9b94db4a644adc4.jpg

385953311_F-8SG4.jpg.528d18e47b8eeb739de49de776c610c4.jpg

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

… I found a photo suggesting a "white scheme" (REF)
I think that's an A5, or probably A4 due to the short nose.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

• 2 weeks later...
Does this mean it will come before the P-47?

from P-47 topic written by NineLine:

"I dont have anything firm of any sorts, but I am hearing we could see the Jug and A-8 right around the same time. Again, nothing firm, no idea when, no promises, nothing in concrete, just chatter."

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

The poor P-40 won't stand a chance against the German planes.

So how about using it for light CAS or ground strikes while your buddies in the Stangs and Spits take care of the bandits?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

So how about using it for light CAS or ground strikes while your buddies in the Stangs and Spits take care of the bandits?

Yes, that's a good way to use it but you what they say about best laid plans. Not everybody will be so well thought out and jump in it to fight the enemy.

I like the old girl but it needs to be in an early war.

Buzz