104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday Gudauta couldn't be captured by either side.

Are there ways to check if it was our fault overlooking units or if there might have been a problem with the triggers?

We checked and everything looked fine but we'll spend more time on it this weekend and see if we can work out why this is happening.

I have a problem to join your server from long time ago (1.5.cool.gif but didn't gave me any message until now

You should join our teamspeak and enter the Help Desk channel for an admin to help troubleshoot.

Yesterday I failed again with the AGM-88C shooting down allies of the blue side in Kobuleti, I apologize. = /

There is no need to apologise here sir, just take it as a lesson learned and try to be more careful next time ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Quote:

Originally Posted by epoch viewpost.gif

Any chance of placing a unit at the FARPs transmitting on FM please? So Huey pilots can home in using the AN/ARC-131.

I'll put it on the to do list.

Just throwing it back out there sir, thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Updates for this weekend...

• -Added Red SA-6 to Kutaisi, Senaki, Kobuleti, Sukhumi and FARP Gali from round start.
  • -Added Red Russian JTAC on code 1113 to Sochi, Gudauta and Sukhumi.
  • -Added additional SA-15s to all Red airbases and FARP Gali.

Quote: Originally Posted by epoch viewpost.gif

Any chance of placing a unit at the FARPs transmitting on FM please? So Huey pilots can home in using the AN/ARC-131.

At the moment its not a priority but if I get time I will get around to this :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good call to add some challenges for blue!

Observations:

- Hornets spawning at Tbilisi & Vaziani don't have the standard 104th SRS frequencies preset unlike those available later at Kutaisi (not sure about Harriers).

- Ingame mission briefing and trigger messages state SRS frequencies in contradiction to the new 104th frequency guarding table which was announced as to be "used across all our missions", e.g. 141 vs. 225 for A/G coordiantion.

- Would be nice to get a handfull of Hornet slots on the boat that are not reserved for 104th members, or a second Carrier group for that purpose down southwest, as in other missions.

• 2 months later...

Mission updates

• -Added F-14B to Red Side.
  • -Added USS Phoenix Carrier Battle Group to Red side (we know this isn't realistic sorry but we love boat ops).
  • -Added public slots to the Blue Carrier Battle Group.

• -Changed AJS37 and M-2000C from Red to Blue Side.
  • -Changed both AWACS to E-3.
  • -Increased the number of Blue ground units at Sochi, Gudauta and Sukhumi.
  • -Added Blue Patriot site to Batumi.
  • -Added Red SA-6 sites along the Inguri River area.
  • -Added IR SAMS to FARP Gali.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

zvpAAxe.jpg

Operation Longbow returns to the 104th Server

• --------------- Mission Redesign ---------------
  • -Reduced unit count by over 1400 units.
  • -Changed airbase reinforcement supply logic, transport aircraft will no longer have to land at a captured base, SAMs are now delivered by simulated airdrop.
  • -Added F-16CM to Red.
  • -Moved Mirage 2000 to Red.

• -Added KC-135 to Red for Viper AAR.
  • -Added SA-19 to Red.
  • -Added FSA Rapier to Blue.

• -Added additional carrier to Blue side, USS Washington.
  • -Edited all in game messages to be more friendly to VR users, messages will now be shorter and display for less time.
  • -Changed trigger logic for base capturing to reduce overall trigger count and in game messages.
  • -Added air to ground weapon restrictions, JDAM, JSOW and Harpoon will not be available.
  • -Removed USS Phoenix from Red.

Now running for testing on the 104th Dedicated Server!

Please report any bugs or issues with the mission here.

Post number 2 updated

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Today's updates....

• -Removed all units from Kobuleti Airbase, there are now 5 target bases instead of 6.
  • -Created triggers to deploy Red and Blue smoke at each sides ground unit positions to help with IFF.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Radical idea: Fighter spawns in Sochi &Kutaisi/Senaki fighters are unspawnable if the enemy has capped the closest airbase/FARP. It turns into airquake at somepoint. We saw that a bit in front of Sochi and I think it would be same for red side if the situation were reverse. Alternatively maybe somekind of structure you could destroy on the airfield disabling spawn for a set amount of time? (Not sure how viable it is, if it has full sams, constant fighter spawn etc.)

And to be fair on this, I think we should think about somekind of restriction with the rearming in Sukhumi/Guduata area. Once you take Sukhumi. you can just bomb the shit out off Guduata/FARP (and the otherway around for red of course), which I think is not really in the spirit of the mission?*

I don't know what kind of restrictions/possibilities you have with warehouse/script, but if technical viable I am suggesting this:

For example Blue: ->Takes Sukhumi -> can only refuel, Fox1, Fox2, dumb bombs. -> Once Guduata is taken(or even Farp between Guduata->Sochi), open up normal (restricted like now) weapons options. Both reversed for red.

* As it is now, you can get a new set of GBU12/Mavericks so fast, you could clear everything out very quick(except SAMs, but even there it helps if you can take really light loadout with GBU12, not worry about fuel etc.). The FARP between those two is already very dumb bomb friendly, imho it could be a good compromise. But maybe that's just me, I can totally see how a lot of people have zero sympathy for this idea.

Edit: Also on old topic of mine, you have kept WP smoke rockets out of your warehouses for years, I have not checked if it is still the case. If yes, could we maybe look at that again with the weapon restriction script? I always loved them in the A-10C back in the day for AFAC work. Even if you only shoot rocket in CCRP roughly near a target, you can still use it to walk people in better. The reason was because of performance issues if I remember right, (which makes sense if somebody can crash the server or something with spamming smoke effect), but would be really cool if people are allowed to use it again in small doses.

For dirty old Caucasus map, this mission is not bad!

Edited by ApoNOOB

Wise words well spoken!

-Removed all A2G Weapons at Gudauta and Sukhumi.

-Removed AGM-62, no requirement for such a stand-off weapon in the current mission set up.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...