104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be overlooking something simple? I am trying to figure out how to find the FARPs while in the Harrier? The only thing I have figured out so far is to use the Grid coordinate provided in the briefing and use the F10 map to put me in the general area, fly to it, then use the eye balls. Sometimes others will leave a mark point, but that is not usually the case, thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

_______________________Mi-8__AI-Gunners

Are the AI-gunners (side door & back door) implemented in-game on the 104th's server ?

If so, how do I turn them on?

Can't answer re. the Mi-8, but the Huey door gunners work. Bear in mind they won't target aircraft .. just ground units. At least that's what I've observed (and obviously you need to ensure the gunners aren't in Weapons Hold mode, but you probably know that already). :)

I may be overlooking something simple? I am trying to figure out how to find the FARPs while in the Harrier? The only thing I have figured out so far is to use the Grid coordinate provided in the briefing and use the F10 map to put me in the general area, fly to it, then use the eye balls. Sometimes others will leave a mark point, but that is not usually the case, thanks.

This thread, various posts will tell you where the FARPs are. On Red side I flew out to the general area in my copters and found their locations.

Then I got thinking >>> Easiest way is to switch sides, grab a Blue copter and checkout each FARP's location via your F10 map and take notes for future reference. No need to fly out and about. Just spawn where they are. If you fly Blue usually, fly Red.

I have all 4 copters.

Other way is to search this forum by doing specific searches.

If you are into using the editor, research Reaper6 as to how he looks at Mustang's missions.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't answer re. the Mi-8, but the Huey door gunners work. Bear in mind they won't target aircraft .. just ground units. At least that's what I've observed (and obviously you need to ensure the gunners aren't in Weapons Hold mode, but you probably know that already). :)

I compared Mi-8 to the Blue Flag server and how Ciribob does his. I will be playing his server a whole lot more with Mi-8.

Does not look to me that 104th allows the KORD machine guns at all. Mi-8 has built in defensive measures to use in game against the dam F-15s and others and 104th does not allow their use. May just be oversight as I doubt most 104th guys play Red very often and Mi-8 is not used to its full capabilities. Or Blue just likes easy targets to shoot at.

Should make both sides equal capabilities as to weapons use OR just fly Blue (in my case).

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This thread, various posts will tell you where the FARPs are. On Red side I flew out to the general area in my copters and found their locations.

Then I got thinking >>> Easiest way is to switch sides, grab a Blue copter and checkout each FARP's location via your F10 map and take notes for future reference. No need to fly out and about. Just spawn where they are. If you fly Blue usually, fly Red.

I have all 4 copters.

Other way is to search this forum by doing specific searches.

If you are into using the editor, research Reaper6 as to how he looks at Mustang's missions.

Thanks for the response. I appear to have not asked the question properly, sorry about that. I know where the FARPs are, I have a hard copy map sitting next to me while on the server for quick reference. I guess what Im trying to say is, if I say elect to leave a hot zone for any reason, and head to a FARP in the Harrier, I can not enter coordinates to go there efficiently. I literally have to head in the general direction, then F10 map to get a reasonable heading to the Grid in which it is located, fly there and then cruise around with my eye balls and try and spot the FARP. Once there of course I can MARK the spot. I cant spawn at any FARP to mark it initially. Is this the only way until we can start inputting coordinates in the Harrier? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Are there some other unknown FARPs?

I mean despite the ones which are mentioned in the introduction of Longbow:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3361306&postcount=1

Actually I don‘t see the need to switch sides to „spy“.

So, staying on Red with my Shark.

Once there of course I can MARK the spot. I cant spawn at any FARP to mark it initially. Is this the only way until we can start inputting coordinates in the Harrier? Thanks,

Oh? Until now I thought I thought, entering coordinates in the Harrier was possible. But ok... „Early Access“... So you‘ll have to wait for this update - if Razbam will...

The only - not very precise - method which comes into my mind to solve your problem is via radio navigation. So look for the nearest beacon of your wanted FARP and go there by choosing radial and DME.

Edit:

Conerning beacons, this map from Lino is great!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162198

Edited by RightStuff

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I was not over looking something obvious. Thanks for the Beacon Map link as well sir.

Would it be possible to change the JTAC laser code for the Red side

to something in the 1500-1700 range as the F-5E can not select codes outside that range.

And being able to throw GBUs in the F-5E is great fun

and would make it more valuable in the air-ground role.

Are there some other unknown FARPs?

I mean despite the ones which are mentioned in the introduction of Longbow:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3361306&postcount=1

Actually I don‘t see the need to switch sides to „spy“.

So, staying on Red with my Shark.

Yes.

Ka-50's ABRIS will usually show where FARPs are, flying out and about, but not always.

Maverick (I think) keeps embellishing and updating the map with new stuff.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to buddy lase from a Ka-50 for a M2000c? I assume the Ka-50 uses 1133 on this mission?

Edited by KungFu

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Is it possible to buddy lase from a Ka-50 for a M2000c? I assume the Ka-50 uses 1133 on this mission?

Don't think so.

Might work with another Ka-50. I never attempted it.

Ask same question and/or do a search to the Ka-50 forum. Question has been asked previously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately there is a problem with the F-5E laser code. the second digit does not change from 1 to 8 but only 5-6 & 7. I reported that to the F-5E bug report in forum and waiting answer. I check it on Mirage 2000 and it works fine. Sorry F-5E pilots

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Don't think so.

Might work with another Ka-50. I never attempted it.

Ask same question and/or do a search to the Ka-50 forum. Question has been asked previously.

Yeah I saw a couple posts about it, then finally found another post where DCS took out or changed the code 1113 stuff, but was curious if the 104th set the codes in the mission or something. Me and a buddy tested quite a bit and couldn't get it to work.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

I would also like the takeoff, landing notifications turned off somehow. Having it on can and does jeopardize a mission. It's good for the fighter jocks that just want to blow each other up but bad for a more serious mission.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to suppress the takeoff landing notifications in the chat window server side? When the opposition is monitoring, that tells them exactly where to come kill. Make it more necessary to work with the AWACS, GCI controllers, and aircraft radar to find players, vice simply telling the enemy basically "Hey, just fly to Gali and kill the Huey that took off a minute ago."

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Is it possible to suppress the takeoff landing notifications in the chat window server side? When the opposition is monitoring, that tells them exactly where to come kill. Make it more necessary to work with the AWACS, GCI controllers, and aircraft radar to find players, vice simply telling the enemy basically "Hey, just fly to Gali and kill the Huey that took off a minute ago."

+1

;3392031']Sounds like you might have been removed for a connection issue' date=' best thing to do is join our Teamspeak Server and enter the [b']Help Desk[/b] channel and wait for an admin to contact you.

We'll then have a quick look at your connection to make sure its ok to join the server.

Hey, Maverick.

Well, it's been a few months and I still haven't gotten any help over at the TS server or forums. I still get booted instantly if I try and join the 104th... I can join every other server. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display