Multiplayer initiation

derodo

Hi there,

I've been playing DCS for quite a long time, always SP. And I'd like to make "the jump" to MP.

I've been watching videos of people playing and it looks freaking amazing, but I'm overwhelmed; it looks terribly complicated; I'm not a native english speaker and radio comms scare the hell out of me; even when I can perfectly have an english conversation, I still miss quite a lot of things of what people say over the radio; and then there's the tactics, technique, formation flying...

So...is there any public server where noobs can start to get the feeling for it? You know, like it doesn't matter to screw up at the beginning and such :P

I'd like to get "the full experience" at some point, with SimpleRadio and all that, but that seems to take some time to get right.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Just to get a start in the Multiplayer experience,there are many "Aerobatic" or "Free flight" servers out there were you can get comfortable flying with others. Find one that's close, jump in and have fun.

Build some friendships and I bet you will find some that also do the bigger combat servers. That way you will go in with some friends and help from the start.

Good luck!

Come and join the Ravens. We are a friendly public group with new members joining daily.

We always try to help people learn MP while having fun :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I'll initiate you into multiplayer in the truest traditions of the Internet.

I'll cut you off on the taxi way so I can takeoff first while cursing like it's YOUR fault. Next, I'll strafe you repeatedly despite being on the same team, cursing at you like it's YOUR fault. Then I'll play some earrape music over VOIP until you complain... Then curse at you like it's YOUR fault.......

Welcome to online gaming! If you thought it would be different here, surrrrprrrrrise ������

Public servers always house the dregs of the internet. I've seen you trolling elsewhere, maybe leave this thread for people with something constructive to say?

There are a lot of virtual squadrons out there with varying degrees of realism to their approach, from casual groups that just enjoy flying together to hardcore milsim groups that require you to fill out virtual paperwork before flying a mission. I recommend finding a group whose values are in tune with your own where you can enjoy flying with a group of mature, like-minded individuals.

A few questions to consider:

Do you want to join a group dedicated to a specific airframe, or fly in or with a wide variety of aircraft?

Do you want a casual atmosphere or hardcore simulation with full use of brevity, radio simulation programs, etc.?

Does your schedule allow you to commit to mandatory events?

Respond and I'll be happy to leave you some recommendations. :thumbup:

Public servers always house the dregs of the internet. I've seen you trolling elsewhere, maybe leave this thread for people with something constructive to say?

It's called a sense of humor, some of us have one. AKA a joke. People who think their vidya games and forum personas are serious business are another trope of the internet

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Just look for a setting you like, ww2, korea, cold war and look for a server. Every server has a little description with information about the mission, teamspeak, simple radio and also a website. If there is no password its a public server. You can also look up the squadron or group which hosts the server and look for their site on the web or even here in the forums. You can ask all your questions here and you can also ask directly on the server. Its like everywhere else but almost everybody wants a bigger community and most people are willing to help if they can.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Hi guys, thanks for the answers. I’ve had my first formation training flight today with the 59th Ravens, and I enjoyed it *a lot*

We did nothing but flying, and it it was a blast for me; being in the air with other people, learning to keep up the formation, enjoying the view, having fun...I still suck big time buy hey, this is just the beginning.

I’m taking it easy and casual for now, but I have to admit it was way better than I thought it would be, and it was just formation training!...can’t imagine how it is gonna be like if I ever get into a real combat mission!

See you in the skies!