AI carrier landings

chembleton

Can't say I ever noticed an AI plane bolter, or catch any other wire than the 3rd.

Would be nice when I'm sitting on deck or in a pattern, for AI craft to behave just like regular humans.

Also, when sitting on deck watching a plane land, after it lands, it seems to stop, retract hook, move forward to taxi in one motion quite quickly.

I'd prefer to see it stop, retract hook a couple of seconds later then a couple more at least before it moves to taxi. I appreciate IRL there is the need to move out of the way asap but in game it happens too quickly, it looks fake.

Mind, I'm nit-picking.... haha.

True and valid

Here is to hope:

Newsletter 11/01/2019@

(...)DCS World Foundation

In parallel to all the above, the team continues to work on the foundation items of DCS World like air and ground artificial intelligence (...)

Perhaps one day we will see them behave as you said. As for the "fake" appearance on the flat top, I think its a bit outdated animations and their timing. Not that easy to adjust though.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Can't say I ever noticed an AI plane bolter, or catch any other wire than the 3rd.

That's funny your AI catches 3 wire all the time. I use the LSO programs (Alerex and Moose airboss mostly) and notice they almost always are low at the ramp and catch the 4 wire mostly with some 3s. But I would also like to see more variation and some bolters also.