Check your campaigns please, ED.

I have now tried to play three default campaigns (F-15C, UH-1H, Su-33 and Mi-8MTV2) and have failed to complete all of them because stuff just won't work. It's either a faulty trigger, a stupid AI that can't get it's task done or a nearly impossible task i.e. completely wrong aircraft for the task.

Examples are:

- In the Mi-8MTV2 Sping Tension campaign it often happens that a trigger does not recognize the helicopter landing. Same problems with the UH-1H UN Pilot campaign.

- In the F-15C Bear Trap campaign in the second mission the F-16C SEAD unit can't get it's job done and gets shot down by a SAM, blaming it on me and failing the mission (how am I supposed to protect a SEAD aircraft of SAMs with an F-15C?).

- In the Su-33 Baltic Dragon camgain I am tasked to destroy AAA with nothing more than dumb bombs, which itself is possible but extremly hard and an inapropriate task for the Su-33. Also in the final mission I am tasked to cover an attack on an US Aircraft Carrier, in a completely inbalanced battle getting shot down by sheer amounts of F/A-18C AMRAAMS (btw. new Kuznecov model when?).

It gives me the feeling that no one really though about it when doing the missions. I would really like someone from the ED Team to take some time to proper test the campaigns.

Su-33 and F-15C are possible. Understand with repeated updates SEAD flights or bomber flights may not deal enough damage or don’t always evade that SAM and you end up with a coin toss. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Even if the update didn’t change damage/effectiveness the same thing won’t usually happen twice exactly the same way. I know that’s not perfect but if you’re determined it’s possible. Also about the dumb bombs, use the mission planner option during briefing to change your load out. You can change it to rockets in addition to bombs, which usually helps with longer range mud moving.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I have now tried to play three default campaigns (F-15C, UH-1H, Su-33 and Mi-8MTV2) and have failed to complete all of them because stuff just won't work. It's either a faulty trigger, a stupid AI that can't get it's task done or a nearly impossible task i.e. completely wrong aircraft for the task.

Examples are:

- In the Mi-8MTV2 Sping Tension campaign it often happens that a trigger does not recognize the helicopter landing. Same problems with the UH-1H UN Pilot campaign.

- In the F-15C Bear Trap campaign in the second mission the F-16C SEAD unit can't get it's job done and gets shot down by a SAM, blaming it on me and failing the mission (how am I supposed to protect a SEAD aircraft of SAMs with an F-15C?).

- In the Su-33 Baltic Dragon camgain I am tasked to destroy AAA with nothing more than dumb bombs, which itself is possible but extremly hard and an inapropriate task for the Su-33. Also in the final mission I am tasked to cover an attack on an US Aircraft Carrier, in a completely inbalanced battle getting shot down by sheer amounts of F/A-18C AMRAAMS (btw. new Kuznecov model when?).

It gives me the feeling that no one really though about it when doing the missions. I would really like someone from the ED Team to take some time to proper test the campaigns.

As the underlying engine is endlessly worked on, things break and others get fixed all the time, so you'll always have a broken mission in a campaign.

Do yourself a favor and play the campaign as single missions. Just copy the .miz files to your saved games dcs folder. Broken missions don't hurt so much then.

That's what I do.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I think OP has a point, all above suggested workarounds which are not good in every case.

As for the difficult level, I also find default campaigns a bit more difficult than they should be as a defaults.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i understand recent 2.5 release created a lot of rework for the campaigns.

however, new users like me would expect all the stuffs delivered from the payment to work as intended and since they actually do not, new users get a lot of needless confusion.

we dont expect everything to be perpect, however, it would be a great help if they can tell us what is working and what is not, when is planned timeline to fix them, how they are co working with community (e.g. dedicated person like maddog c).