So whats "on deck" for 2019

Harlikwin

So, I'm a recent convert here I guess, been flying various other sims for years and recently bought way too many DCS modules on the recent sale to include the F14 which is the real reason I got into DCS. But I'm curious, aside from the F14 in 2019 is there anything else planned for 2019?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For a detailed roadmap, take a look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893&page=70

On a nutshell, I actually expect the F14 for next month .. for 2019 I expect to see:

MAC

C-101CC

MiG-19 by Razbam

Fw-190A by ED

Christen Eagle 2 by Magnitude 3

Improved cockpits on Ka-50 and A-10C

and with a little luck:

MiG-23 by Razbam.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Congrats for acquiring a dangerous new addiction :D

I think it's very typical you fall in love and stay for some completely different aircraft and aspects than you initially thought you would. The ones everybody hypes about usually turn out to be boring in the end. (Compared to what else is available here.)

Which time periods do you fly your aircraft from?

For a detailed roadmap, take a look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893&page=70

On a nutshell, I actually expect the F14 for next month .. for 2019 I expect to see:

That's maybe not very optimistic... you know ED was kind of promising more for 2018! :weight_lift_2:

Official information tends to be vague or unreliable at best when it comes to anything resembling a release date. (Treat any statement more like a plan or intention of doing something if everything turns out well - the news, software development is full of surprises.) Silver Dragon's list is usually thought of as very optimistic when you look at the year figures. Typically stuff that was not released is just moved to the next. We'll get there eventually...

I'm a bit doubtful on 101CC and don't think 23 will make it... maybe 2020. There's one more aircraft I hoped for in 2019 but now I'm not sure. 2020 is our last and best hope there same as maybe for JF-17 (they have not given us much info but it appears to be progressing well).

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Here is ED's plans for 2018 from last year to give you some perspective on what to realistically expect.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3338291&postcount=123

As you can see from what was planned for 2018, a lot has yet to be accomplished which creates an ever increasing backlog each year. I don't see ED really planning anything new for 2019 because there is so much from past years that needs to be accomplished first.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Congrats for acquiring a dangerous new addiction :D

I think it's very typical you fall in love and stay for some completely different aircraft and aspects than you initially thought you would. The ones everybody hypes about usually turn out to be boring in the end. (Compared to what else is available here.)

Which time periods do you fly your aircraft from?

Well, its not so much of a "new" addiction, more of a relapse... I was doing a bunch of simming in the late 90's and early 2000's. LOMAC, F4, IL2. That sort of thing. No time coupled with not much of a budget for computer upgrades mainly eventually killed of the simming.

Don't have a great simming rig, using a few year old gaming laptop but it runs DCS ok, and really, relative to where I left off its running amazing. I have been playing a bit of BMS for a while and Free DCS plus the mig21 module I got a while back.

My main interests are more on the mid to late cold war stuff, 60s-80's so I'm pretty excited about the Mig23 and F4 and F14. But I picked up the harrier and hornet modules as well as the 109k and I'm pretty impressed with all of them. Currently focusing on the Harrier since its seems more developed compared to the F18. I've probably killed more virtual marines than the taliban trying to land it tho :helpsmilie:.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Here is ED's plans for 2018 from last year to give you some perspective on what to realistically expect.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3338291&postcount=123

As you can see from what was planned for 2018, a lot has yet to be accomplished which creates an ever increasing backlog each year. I don't see ED really planning anything new for 2019 because there is so much from past years that needs to be accomplished first.

I'd actually be happy with the "rest" of 2018 for 2019, the Hind and F4 in particular, but I guess the F4 is on hold in favor of a F16. I'd rather see 4th gen red air than a F16 but I've heard all the reasons its unlikely.

That thread or page 70 specifically, page 70 seems pretty sparse.

The bad part of the old 2018 develop plan was some modules has been delayed or change priorities :(

Released:

-DCS 2.5

-F/A-18C

-Straigh of Hormuz

-Yak-52

Expected to December / Early 2019

C-101CC?

ED Dedicate Server

F-14B

MAC

2019? For now not Pre-order Announced

-Magnitude 3 Christen Eagle II

-Dekka JF-17

-F-14A/D?

-New damage model?

-Razbam MiG-19

-Octopus-G I-16

-RAZBAM Falklands / Malvinas Map?

-WW2 Fw-190 A-8

-WW2 P-47 Thunderbolt?

2020?

-ED Afganistan?

-F-16C?

-Mi-24P Hind

-Dekka J-10

-RAZBAM Mig-23MLA

-WW2 Mosquito

-WW2 Me262

-2021?

-F-4E Phantom II

-AH-1F

-RAZBAM F-15E?

Unkonow

-Miltech 5 Bo-105 has talked to make them in collaboration with other 3rd party

-ED Kutnesov Carrier and Living Deck Crew?

-ED RTS / Dinamic Campaign?

-RAZBAM Super Tucano?

-Magnitude 3 F-4u Corsair?

Others:

Wags show on one of yours Streams two maps Syria and a WW2 Straight of Dover. To 2019?

Others futures maps and modules (suppositions) as Heatblur A-6 and some Map?, Polychop OH-58D?, RAZBAM OV-10?

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I'd actually be happy with the "rest" of 2018 for 2019, the Hind and F4 in particular, but I guess the F4 is on hold in favor of a F16. I'd rather see 4th gen red air than a F16 but I've heard all the reasons its unlikely.

JF-17 before F-16 I'd think. My estimates are often off :smilewink:

Also hopeful for Syria.

My main interests are more on the mid to late cold war stuff, 60s-80's so I'm pretty excited about the Mig23 and F4 and F14. But I picked up the harrier and hornet modules as well as the 109k and I'm pretty impressed with all of them. Currently focusing on the Harrier since its seems more developed compared to the F18. I've probably killed more virtual marines than the taliban trying to land it tho :helpsmilie:.

Just ended my first ever Harrier flight in a nice crash :D 3 crashes before I even reached the runway :smilewink:

Oh the historical periods are nice. Sometimes I hope there was less emphasis on "modern day".

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

@Silver_Dragon I don't believe for a minute that we get the F-16 on 2019. The dev team is the same as with the Hornet, and the Hornet is still ways away from being completed... only after it is done they can fully develop the F-16... My bet is a 2020-2021 release for the Fighting Falcon.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I supouse Vulkan API to 2019/20

Improved Weater/clouds 2018/19

Improved aircrafts carriers with Live deck crew 2018

ATC 2019?

Has another point not talked:

DCS 3.0 to 2018/2019? has a serie of features with can add into a new version as dedicate servers, and normally ED has maked a change of version on 1-2 years.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I supouse Vulkan API to 2019/20

Improved Weater/clouds 2018/19

Improved aircrafts carriers with Live deck crew 2018

ATC 2019?

The new Flir Rendering System should depend on Vulcan API. So there will be no ATFLIR until vulcan is released. I read that vulcan has went into testing (about 2 months ago https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3592186&postcount=48), which gives me hope it will be released soon.

Edited by mortalkombat

Maybe they will finish the Harrier. Or even the Hornet, imagine that!

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro