Vivianne with second Joystick

FishDoctor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use the mini stick on my CH pro throttle which works great. You should be able to use both at the same time as I can? I'm able use the camera and fly, the benefit of having the control on a joystick is finer camera control movement.

As AOG said, check your axis settings

attachment.php?attachmentid=155505&stc=1&d=1484992181

SA342-Slew.thumb.jpg.45c4ac08ecbe2a84db02ce5c29c7cfdb.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I find the Viv is far easier to control when simply mapped to a hat instead of an axis. Just my thoughts, YMMV.

I don't think so, works way better with a stick for me.

I mapped it like you David, and it works fine when I'm flying, but when I go to autohover DCS automatically maps the cyclic to controll vivianne.

I'm just searching for a way to demap the cyclic from vivianne...

• 2 years later...

I know this is old, but Im having an issue, new to the Gazelle. I want my joystick for both flight control AND slewing the camera. I have checked and unchecked the "Second Joystick for Camera" and I am unable to assign the Joy X & Joy Y to both the joystick and camera slew at the same time within the DCS controls? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I know this is old, but Im having an issue, new to the Gazelle. I want my joystick for both flight control AND slewing the camera. I have checked and unchecked the "Second Joystick for Camera" and I am unable to assign the Joy X & Joy Y to both the joystick and camera slew at the same time within the DCS controls? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I think you misunderstood the meaning of that option.

It'll use whatever is bound to the normal flight controls to control the camera when the second stick mode is not active.

Hi Fakum

It pays to look at the "Second Joystick for Camera" checkbox after Updates. Sometimes the Update will fill-in or Check that checkbox.

It must be UNCHECKED for your Joystick (aka Cyclic) to slew the Viviane.

The stick works like a very fine-tuned version of the slew controls compared to any Hat you set up to also slew the controls.

I have a Thumb Hat on my Stick that I used to Fast Slew the Viviane Camera AND I have a Push function (5th axis) on my Hat to Reset or return the Vivian to Center.

I also use 2 positions of a Hat (1 axis .. forward and back) on my Hotas Warthog to Zoom In/Out. Any switch or hat could be used for Zoom.

The Hat on my stick for fast slewing and centering is great BUT for Fine Tuned Controls AND if/when having to steer the Hot3 to the target (eg: moving target), I definitely then use my Stick to slew slower but with more accurate control.

I try to fly on the 104th Phoenix Server every morning around 10am or 11am EST if you need any help with the Gazelle. I have been flying it since it was released. I love it and I'm getting deadlier by the day. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

SnowTiger:joystick:

@ LazyBoot, Ok, maybe thats what I am doing wrong, Im trying to BIND the X & Y axis to those functions from within DCS Controls. I see your point and will give that a go.

@SnowTiger, thanks for the tips and for your offer sir. I am not usually on during the day, but I have seen you on TeamSpeak for the 104th over the weekend and I happened to be on yesterday morning because it was a Holiday. Off topic but we were both on the 104th yesterday morning and we both were FARP crushing. I just started the Gazelle last week and I arrived at the FARP just before you and was trying to get into a hover with the M model and while I was struggling with that, I watched you haul a$$ in there and strafe the hell out of those targets! Magnificent flying sir!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

It was a fun day yesterday with the help of GCI and the Flyboys who were covering us.

I was pretty sure I recognized your handle "Fakum" while I was in there.

I look forward to flying with you some time. I do get on in the early evenings (Eastern Time Zone) but I don't stay on too late when I do.

Good luck with the setup. Once you get the hang of the many Gazelle Models I'm sure you will really enjoy flying all of them (although I rarely take the gattling gun model out).

SnowTiger:joystick:

Thanks SnowTiger, Im sure we will cross paths again.

Slewing of the V camera now works as intended, thanks guys

Edited by Fakum