F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....we need to ramp up our sodium intake? I don’t think this is possible in this thread.

MORE SALT

edit - Seriously though, we need people to get saltier. Fuss about the font of release posts. Kvetch about the kerning. Throw a tantrum about the time of day they occur. You know, stuff grown-ups do when they're angry (which is unfortunately not sarcasm, I've worked with more child-adults than I ever believed I would).

Edited by Bad Idea Hat

We're dangerously close to hyponatremia at this point.

So....we need to ramp up our sodium intake? I don’t think this is possible in this thread.

MORE SALT

Perhaps the condition is due to consuming too much water?

I’ve got it! Someone worked out how to turn whine into water!

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Hello,

I don't see a reason for it to suck:

- feature wise, it has been repeatedly stated that, it is already at a very high level of acomplishment;

- regarding the F-14 Tomcat itself, well I always assumed that whoever buys this bird, does know somewhat of it, and likes it already...

I think he's mainly referring to the fact that since its been hyped up so much, some folks will be dissapointed if it doesn't do thing ABC perfectly right off the bat, or if there is a delay past the 21'st people are gonna come out with the torches and pitchforks.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Nobody has any official informations in this thread, beside March 21st... (And I still assuem that it is not THIS official, its just a date that has to be entered in Steam)

The "only one plane in EA" is just my personal guess as no dev has two EA aircrafts.

Razbam wanted to release the Mig19 and ED stopped it due quality. So only one aircraft in EA (Harrier) when they release the Mig19 as full release.

HB want to release the Tomcat as EA. And suddenly, they announce that the RC1 for the Viggen will arrive and that it will leave EA.

So what would be your guess?

Its not a bad guess, and I think you are right. Its also a good policy from ED if actually true. Though I think there should be some clear criteria as to what makes the module "full" vs "EA" on the up-front side. Like Dev promises functionality XYZ and features ABC at the start of the project, then those should mostly be fully implemented when its "full release" mostly to prevent devs from just "declaring victory" and moving on. (PS I'm not saying the HB is doing this)

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

giphy.gif

LOL... To be fair, they hype/delivery ratio thing is something all devs need to think about. After all we do have virtual torches and pitchforks. :lol:

Edited by Harlikwin

Man, doing such a thing is incomprehensible from where I sit.

Nah, Im with Racefuel...I will book vacation off when this releases and fly it on my brother's rig. :thumbup:

I work to live, I dont live to work. :pilotfly:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Nah, Im with Racefuel...I will book vacation off when this releases and fly it on my brother's rig. :thumbup:

I work to live, I dont live to work. :pilotfly:

exactly.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Amazing how many people spend time to post in this thread that has little to no affect on when the module will be released. However, I am sure it makes the developers and EA laugh at how silly people can get over an up and coming module. I’m sure Nineline is sitting in his chair laughing at most of you.

I´m pretty sure that you´re entirely wrong.

The Devs are more than happy when we write stupid nonsense because we are so exited. Imagine we wouldnt even care... what would the Devs be thinking then?

As Long as we stay stupid but polite, everythings is OK. :D:D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I'm *so* taking a few days off once it's released!

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Man, doing such a thing is incomprehensible from where I sit.

My company has been nagging me to use my PTO hours before they hit the "cannot bank more" levels...

I've got 180 pure vacation hours stored up and I've maxed out my sick time benefit bank at 200 hours...

At this point it's use it or lose it.

The Devs are more than happy when we write stupid nonsense because we are so exited. Imagine we wouldnt even care... what would the Devs be thinking then?

The devs are working their arses off to give you a great product. The rest is mostly self-generated drama.

Viewpoints are my own.

I think you completely misunderstood what I wrote.

What would be your opinion if the Tomcat's release was delayed because they are deciding which colour is more "historically accurate" for the belt?

I take "delayed" to mean after March 21 has passed - in that situation I would be annoyed.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)