DTAC Terrain Development

rockwelder

Yes, all seasons. Install procedure is exactly the same as the trees. I have a custom noise texture as well. I will place it in an optional folder, as some are already using a custom noise texture. These are 4096x4096 as well...so hope you have some horse power.

After this I'm going after the Shit grass:)

And maybe bundle a unified package.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

EDIT: I think however I should change Gfx card. What's better for such high res textures? 3Gb+ VRAM or 2Gb is sufficient?

This is the kind of message my graphic card tries already to send me:

i-quit.jpg

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ground terrain textures release very soon...:)

Very good news! We are all waiting for the release of your wonderful work :)

Thx.

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

EDIT: I think however I should change Gfx card. What's better for such high res textures? 3Gb+ VRAM or 2Gb is sufficient?

This is the kind of message my graphic card tries already to send me:

i-quit.jpg

go with a 4gb

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Ok...ready to release..Here is the problem: Media fire only allows 200mb max file size on free accounts; the DTAC ground textures are 533 mb zipped up...can any one host this bad boy?...I can dropbox it to you.

Edited by rockwelder

Have you tried Google Drive or Ubuntu One?

EDIT: In Dropbox, you can also right click on your file => Share the link => 'Take the link' (I have it in French, don't know in English') and then post the link. So people can download it and only it (It's an https link if I remember well).

Edited by Cedaway

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Have you tried Google Drive or Ubuntu One?

EDIT: In Dropbox, you can also right click on your file => Share the link => 'Take the link' (I have it in French, don't know in English') and then post the link. So people can download it and only it (It's an https link if I remember well).

Ok, will try dropbox route...'uploading'

Edited by rockwelder

Thank you!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Looking forward to trying these out.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

well, i puted your .dds files for summer, it work great for the trees, but i don't realy see any difference for the ground. Is there anything else to change ? distance visibility in any file ?

EDIT: "Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

I did not forsee that... ;-(

Edited by Cedaway

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Dropbox isn't suitable for this kind of traffic. It's great for sending files to a buddy or three but it won't provide the bandwith needed for dozens of us greedy leechers to get those beautiful textures. You need to upload the files to a dedicated file hoster.

well, i puted your .dds files for summer, it work great for the trees, but i don't realy see any difference for the ground. Is there anything else to change ? distance visibility in any file ?

I succed ! and there IS a difference !

But i had to install all seasons, summer alone was not working :doh:

Thank you ! Great work !! :thumbup:

Any screens on how it looks when in game?

Fast screenshots. Look SPOILER "Spring" . Medium settings, medium PC.

If I understand correctly! File from a folder Optional noise need add to LandTextures.zip ?

ipWQtYFY.jpg

VSB4TGqW.jpg

Yt68ONi4.jpg

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Could someone who has already dowloaded please upload to mediafire or the like so we can download it too?

Ta

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'