DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Yep, I saw that dude taking turn while taxing on two wheels... wing touching the ground... and then he draw in to me while I'm standing stationary and starting up the engines... thats the guy... :doh:

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, I saw that dude taking turn while taxing on two wheels... wing touching the ground... and then he draw in to me while I'm standing stationary and starting up the engines...

:megalol:

"Fly it like you Stole it, until the last Piece stops moving......."

That's Me - Only then do you experience True Enjoyment :D

Where were we.......Back to the Questions!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If the FC2 A10A is a 1 (=easy) and the FC2 SU25T is a 10 (=hard) where would you put the A10C flight model difficulty?

Im wondering how hard will it be, will i get the chance to focus on the target and weapon systems at all or will i go insane just trying to fly the plane.

Guys flying an airplane is very easy, it's actually easier in real life than on your PC. It's the little things like takeoff, landing and when things break that makes it a tad above your normal Joe Soap off the street ability. Luckily it's a simulator where nobody gets killed when you do f*(k it up.

So I would venture that for point A -> point B flying, if you can manage the A10 in FC then you would be alright. If you going to try some advanced aerobatics of the bat then she'll bite you though :D

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

Thanks for this thread man! I have read that exporting MFD views will be streamlined, but is it implemented in such a way as to run on a network without the current performance hit associated with (e.g.) ABRIS.

Probably a stupid questions, but if you have a machine that runs BS well, are you in good shape for A10C.

And one more :), are you finding that A10C benefits more from a high end graphic than FC2 and BS which get more of a push from a fast cpu?

I'm guessing the above is covered by the NDA? Probably a good omen then?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could you elaborate on your question. Which gun you have in mind? Second part of the question is a little bit confusing too...

Anyone knows if firing the gun can damage the aircraft, if you also makes turn in the mean time? both RL and DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys flying an airplane is very easy, it's actually easier in real life than on your PC. It's the little things like takeoff, landing and when things break that makes it a tad above your normal Joe Soap off the street ability. Luckily it's a simulator where nobody gets killed when you do f*(k it up.

So I would venture that for point A -> point B flying, if you can manage the A10 in FC then you would be alright. If you going to try some advanced aerobatics of the bat then she'll bite you though :D

yeah I know, but I asked that because I had some problems in the SU25T and Black Shark, it made attacking targets more difficult for me, and too much time spent trying to manage what should be basic things got me shot down. I had very bad SA in them. But yeah the A10C should be a better fit for me then the Su25 and BS :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Could you elaborate on your question. Which gun you have in mind? Second part of the question is a little bit confusing too...

I think he means shooting while turning, if that has some bad side effects or not.. And I think he means the 30 mm

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

It's important to have a "smart" (logical and easy) profile. If profile (joystick controls) is complicated, it's very difficult to be effective on the BF. One must understand what he really needs to have on the stick and what can be done by pressing the key on the keyboard. Essentials like weapons controls, autopilot, air brake, trimmer etc. those must be logical, quick and easy to access. It comes with the time, when one understands that certain controls are used more often than the others and sort of "feels" where it would be most confortable possition to assign it. Good profile makes flying so much easyier and more enjoyable. Another important element is payload management. Most common mistake with Su25T "pilots" is to take as much as possible, sort of "just in case" payloads. That is wrong. Think how many times you landed (or got shot down in that matter) with exessive amunition, or fuel. It's like in F1, strategy is a must. Essentials only. Depending on the mission objectives you load only what you need to accomplish the mission. Only necessary fuel. (+ a little extra) Always remember, the lighter you are the better plane controls, the better controls, the easyier to fly, easyier to fly, more time to look around for the enemys and so on.

yeah I know, but I asked that because I had some problems in the SU25T and Black Shark, it made attacking targets more difficult for me, and too much time spent trying to manage what should be basic things got me shot down. I had very bad SA in them. But yeah the A10C should be a better fit for me then the Su25 and BS :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not that I know, but then I don't know much... (don't take my word for granted) Usually you need to be in level flight to effectively deploy the cannon. It's believed, that the A10 would stall if fire cannon long enough, such a wreckless recoil force.

So theoretically you can use the cannon as expensive airbrake :D

Anyone knows if firing the gun can damage the aircraft, if you also makes turn in the mean time? both RL and DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Afaik the A-10 needs to stabilize before using the GAU-8. It is also pointed a few degrees downwards, so was wondering if doing a tight loop firing the GAU-8 would damage the plane...

Of course there would be the mess with rounds flying aimlessly around :music_whistling:

I remember some talk about, that the first Su-25 had to set power to idle and what not, to avoid damaging the plane.

• Like 1

One of the training videos for FC showed the air to air mode of the A-10 including a funnel for aiming the cannon.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

The people who can answer those, are on the holidays now... Should be back closer to the end of the month.

so was wondering if doing a tight loop firing the GAU-8 would damage the plane...

Of course there would be the mess with rounds flying aimlessly around

both RL and DCS.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think what was meant with stabilize was that first stage pull of trigger stabilizes the plane to assist in aiming, you can fire the GAU-8 in any attitude, Andy Bush at SimHq did mention back when Lock On was released that they did practice gun employment nad BFM with it.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

This is not a personal attack just an observation. Ok I see you have like huge amount of rep and you have more post than most and your an Ed tester.

I am amazed that you are a tester with all most no knowledge of the A-10 and its capability.

If your going to open a thread that says ask any thing but later post well that is covered buy the NDA.

Or an Excuse that other people will have to answer that question in my opinion it can just add to more confusion. A great idea poorly executed.

There is plenty of information on the cannon and its capabilities on the net stalling the aircraft with recoil is not one of them.

The (PAC) Precision Attitude system works with the (SAS) Stability Augment System. In the A and A+ model there is a switch located on the left mid section of the windscreen.

That would turn the system on to be activated by squeezing the trigger to the first detent. Activating the system and stabilizing the aircraft for ground attack.The 30mm gum fires when the trigger is pulled all the way back.

In the C model there is no longer a switch located on the left mid section of the windscreen.

I have not yet found documentation on how the PAC system works now in the A-10C model. If your engaged in air to air with your gun having the PAC system automatically turned on by pulling the trigger to the first detent would not make much sense.

Not that I know, but then I don't know much... (don't take my word for granted) Usually you need to be in level flight to effectively deploy the cannon. It's believed, that the A10 would stall if fire cannon long enough, such a wreckless recoil force.

So theoretically you can use the cannon as expensive airbrake :D

• Like 3

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Deadman, no offense taken by any of us. ;)

There are other skills than "weapons expert" or "A10 expert".

There are graphic performance, avionics folks, system, AI/process, general combat, PC techies, designers, programmers etc.

A handfull (or less) may know the A10 and it's system fully - and those guys work for ED.

The rest of us tries to test according to the data ED releases - they have their own restrictions on what data they can release on the A-10C.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Panzertard I fully understand and expect other people with other skills will work for ED. But as I stated above i am amazed that some one with basic or no knowledge of the A-10 would start a threat saying ask all your questions here as if he would answer them yet only answer one or two Question.

Bwaze had a very well though out question that has not even been address, as in great question we don't know but we can ask and will try to answer it.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=944171&postcount=32

This statesmen is clearly false there are several very knowledgeable(A-10) people present and past on the form. That I know that do not work or collaborate with ED in their development of DCS A-10C.

"A handfull (or less) may know the A10 and it's system fully - and those guys work for ED."

As I have stated before this is not an attempt to start any thing it is just my observations.

• Like 1

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Afaik the A-10 needs to stabilize before using the GAU-8.

No, it needs to stabilize for accurate A2G gunnery. The SAS takes care of this.

It is also pointed a few degrees downwards, so was wondering if doing a tight loop firing the GAU-8 would damage the plane...

I don't see why. It is perfectly usable in BFM ;)

I remember some talk about, that the first Su-25 had to set power to idle and what not, to avoid damaging the plane.

Not a problem on the A-10. It used to have issues with the gun smoke choking up the engines, but that got sorted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

3 position master arm switch for the gun. One arms with PAC, one without.

In the C model there is no longer a switch located on the left mid section of the windscreen.

I have not yet found documentation on how the PAC system works now in the A-10C model. If your engaged in air to air with your gun having the PAC system automatically turned on by pulling the trigger to the first detent would not make much sense.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No problem, and if you have some way of sending'em in, by all means. :)

Ah GG thank you.I picked up a few good references on flight dynamics and failures you may be interested in.:pilotfly:
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank You for your input and observations Deadman. I never stated that I personally will answer all of the questions, what I did said thou is that the purpose of this thread is to keep this section of the forums tidier, so all the little questions related to A10 could be asked and answered in this single thread instead of creating new separate one. And yes, my knowledge of A10 in particular is quiet limited to A-10C Flight manual, which is under the NDA agreement. Testers don't really chose the projects to test, they're been given to them. As it happens I mostly deal with graphic artifacts and sound issues. About the reputation... hmm, what can I say? It's not like I give it to my self.

Feel free to answer any questions yourself.

P.S. Have you found documentation on the PAC system yet?

This is not a personal attack just an observation. Ok I see you have like huge amount of rep and you have more post than most and your an Ed tester.

I am amazed that you are a tester with all most no knowledge of the A-10 and its capability.

If your going to open a thread that says ask any thing but later post well that is covered buy the NDA.

Or an Excuse that other people will have to answer that question in my opinion it can just add to more confusion. A great idea poorly executed.

There is plenty of information on the cannon and its capabilities on the net stalling the aircraft with recoil is not one of them.

The (PAC) Precision Attitude system works with the (SAS) Stability Augment System. In the A and A+ model there is a switch located on the left mid section of the windscreen.

That would turn the system on to be activated by squeezing the trigger to the first detent. Activating the system and stabilizing the aircraft for ground attack.The 30mm gum fires when the trigger is pulled all the way back.

Edited by Peyoteros
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]