lock on targets

Viper 16

AA you roll the designator over and designate. It's called something like throttle designator in the HOTAS section of the commands; you'll recognize it when you see it. You'll probably be wanting to add those to your HOTAS configuration. Undesignate is on the pinkie switch, select that and you'll return to search. If there is a way to bug targets without locking I haven't figured it out yet.

... I had no idea the target point was slewable after designation, though, I will try this. Information on weapons systems is still scarce ATM (to me at least).

Wags did a training video for both CCIP and AUTO:

Slewing the target point is (very brief) at 12:13:

--

CCIP - Continuously computed impact point

AUTO - same as CCRP - Continuously computed release point

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys find slewing the box in auto mode too sensitive? I use saitek 52 throttle and forward fingers 4-way switch. It can't be precise enough, too fast even for short switch touch. And its sensitivity can't be adjusted since it's not an axis...

...10 years with dcs...

The target point is slewable via the HOTAS TDC after the designation in auto mode. Or did you mean the pipper itself?

--

HOTAS - Hands On Throttle And Stick

TDC - Throttle Designator Control

Is there/would there be a ground stabilization function to the TDC slew? It could be my hotas, I find it difficult to get precise and slow movements of the target designation box on a set target on the ground after designation. TDC box is quite jumpy.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset