Can TWS cue Aim9 seeker head?

Snappy

Hi all,

Is there way to cue the sidewinder seeker head to a specific radar locked target

in TWS mode?

So far I can only get it to work in STT (but then the targets gets lock warning)or alternatively if you switch into aim-9 AACQ mode and switch on the radar it goes into Flood mode.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Hi all,

Is there way to cue the sidewinder seeker head to a specific radar locked target

in TWS mode?

So far I can only get it to work in STT (but then the targets gets lock warningj or alternatively if you switch into aim-9 AACQ mode and switch on the radar it goes into Flood mode.

Regards,

Snappy

Hello,

Not quite sure about your doubt, but giving it a quick try - it is possible (at the least in open-beta 2.5.5.38756.)

Selected BVR radar mode; select TWS mode; place target designator over the radar target; lock; and the AIM-9 seeker is cued to the TWS radar target.

See red circle at radar screen in the pic.

Screen_191108_103038.thumb.jpg.4cc20e7a77ad9c82d8c98429c241dc6e.jpg

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Hi Top jockey,

thank you for your reply with the picture.Just so I understand your steps correctly :

You press „2“ to get into BVR.Then change into TWS mode.

Then after locking the target in TWS you pressed „D“ to cycle through the weapons until you got aim-9 and the seeker was cued to locked target?

Kind regards,

Snappy

Hi Top jockey,

thank you for your reply with the picture.Just so I understand your steps correctly :

You press „2“ to get into BVR.Then change into TWS mode.

Then after locking the target in TWS you pressed „D“ to cycle through the weapons until you got aim-9 and the seeker was cued to locked target?

Kind regards,

Snappy

Yeah, it was pretty much it except that:

- the AIM-9 was selected probably before the BVR mode if I recall coorrectly;

- most of the commands were given by Joystick and Throttle.

And as you can see by the pic the radar is in TWS mode...

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB