A10C Engines dont start - BUG? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
zombifiziert

Default A10C Engines dont start - BUG?

hi guys,

at the moment i got a really serious issue with the a10c:

it is impossible to start the engines - i have to mention that i used to archive that as absolute rookie having watched a short video - without a problem.

so i tried multiple times - the throttle moves, everything ok with my warthog hotas - but the engine just doesnt start when it clearly should do so...

startup tutorial - exactly done what said - like a total noob, but it just doesnt start.

batterie on, inverter standby, tests, radios on etc. , 4 fuel pumps on, apu on, ac left and right on, apu generator on ...

then the big moment: left throttle from off to idle - totally correctly done, well calibrated ... even with r-strg+pos1 it moves visually to idle but ... no effect...

am i the only one with that issue???

i tried to repair files - no errors found.

seriously, i bought this model to use it, but i cant...

haaaaaaaaaaaalp plz.
zombifiziert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
SWE-Timberwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombifiziert View Post
hi guys,

it is impossible to start the engines - i have to mention that i used to archive that as absolute rookie having watched a short video - without a problem.

so i tried multiple times - the throttle moves, everything ok with my warthog hotas - but the engine just doesnt start when it clearly should do so...

startup tutorial - exactly done what said - like a total noob, but it just doesnt start.

batterie on, inverter standby, tests, radios on etc. , 4 fuel pumps on, apu on, ac left and right on, apu generator on ...

then the big moment: left throttle from off to idle - totally correctly done, well calibrated ... even with r-strg+pos1 it moves visually to idle but ... no effect...

haaaaaaaaaaaalp plz.

Hi!

Just tested it, mine works fine.

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H Huey | SA342 Gazelle | Spitfire | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B Harrier | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14 Tomcat | C-101 Aviojet | F-86F Saber | MiG-21 Bis | MiG-19 Farmer| NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf |
SWE-Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
zombifiziert

well, ... good for you. ^^
Old 11-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #4
daarseth

Quote:
well, ... good for you. ^^
Does the aircraft have fuel?

Checked for any conflicting axis binds for the throttles?

Do you have the option checked within the controls/settings menu (main DCS menu) to sync controls?

What HOTAS are you using?

Can you provide a short track file so, one might be able to see the exact situation?

Can also confirm, I started without issue in the A10C.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
daarseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:26 PM   #5
zombifiziert

Quote:
Originally Posted by daarseth View Post
Does the aircraft have fuel?

lol, check. xD

Checked for any conflicting axis binds for the throttles?

check!

Do you have the option checked within the controls/settings menu (main DCS menu) to sync controls?

check!

What HOTAS are you using?

tm warthog

Can you provide a short track file so, one might be able to see the exact situation?

whooot? where do i get this file from??? no clue.

Can also confirm, I started without issue in the A10C.

Cheers,

Don

maybe i try to reinstall... hotas is working totally fine. as i said: it also doesnt work with keys - throttle moves in idle, but no start. really strange. from one moment to another it was broken... tried to repair - didnt find any issues. :/ ... last thing: reinstall module.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:33 PM   #6
daarseth

Quote:
maybe i try to reinstall... hotas is working totally fine. as i said: it also doesnt work with keys - throttle moves in idle, but no start. really strange. from one moment to another it was broken... tried to repair - didnt find any issues. :/ ... last thing: reinstall module.
That is why I asked about the fuel at first... Are you sure there is fuel in the aircraft? Kinda sounds like it doesn't have any..

\
F8
F1
Check % of fuel onboard.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Old 11-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
zombifiziert

Quote:
Originally Posted by daarseth View Post
That is why I asked about the fuel at first... Are you sure there is fuel in the aircraft? Kinda sounds like it doesn't have any..

\
F8
F1
Check % of fuel onboard.

Cheers,

Don

ok, since when does a cold n dark start come without any fuel? in tutorial i never started without fuel. but i can check again, even that sounds strange to me.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:42 PM   #8
daarseth

Quote:
ok, since when does a cold n dark start come without any fuel? in tutorial i never started without fuel. but i can check again, even that sounds strange to me.
Well the issue is strange, so I am not eliminating things just because they sound strange. Simply trying to assist. Especially before uninstalling and reinstalling a module. If you do that, make sure you save your keybind profiles, if you have made changes from the original.

Cheers,

Don

Old 11-01-2019, 04:47 PM   #9
daarseth

Quote:
hi guys,

haaaaaaaaaaaalp plz.

Ok, when you are selecting the APU start below the throttles, after toggling the APU start, you must wait until the APU fully spools and then reaches it's settled reading of just above 80.

Maybe the issue, if you weren't waiting? Also, did you try the engine ignition switches? Assuming the issue isn't/wasn't fuel related. Pretty much all I have, until you could share a short track file of the failed startup.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by daarseth; 11-01-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:56 PM   #10
A10Yoda

Did you try the manual starters?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
A10Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote