Hornet Development - Today's OB Update - whats your thoughts?

Hawkeye_UK

Easily pleased here

I don't care as long as I can fly my Bug, build missions, get FREE updates and listen to "Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar" I'm a happy man

;)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

The updates aren't free, you literally paid for them.

While the bug's in OB - they're not updates, they're just finishing the product.

If you buy a product that is sold as feature complete, and you get an update - it's free.

Bought the Ka-50 when it came out ?

You paid for the original product.

Any improvements you get after that without paying extra - are free.

Updated cockpit for a product you bought 10 years ago - it's a gift.

When TWS arrives for the bug - it's not free, you paid up front.

Cheers.

facts are facts, reality is just one, even if everyone can read it in a different manner.

for example, my >>personal<< point of view is that even an ED founder say that ED would not be profitable without early access (here's the link to the words)

now i'm not against early access, we can beta-test for them (not being a cost fr ED...in fact actually paying them) while enjoying what is already done, so its kinda ok for all.

the part that i dont like is that even this seems "not profitable" for them, to the point they need to rush new early access to have money to finish the older already open early access.

from a financial point of view, that is a down-spiral typical of loans. and will not end well.

i really hope from the deep of my heart that ED find a way to fix theyr financial troubles, and go back to develop quality simulations.

facts are facts, reality is just one, even if everyone can read it in a different manner.

for example, my >>personal<< point of view is that even an ED founder say that ED would not be profitable without early access (here's the link to the words)

now i'm not against early access, we can beta-test for them (not being a cost fr ED...in fact actually paying them) while enjoying what is already done, so its kinda ok for all.

the part that i dont like is that even this seems "not profitable" for them, to the point they need to rush new early access to have money to finish the older already open early access.

from a financial point of view, that is a down-spiral typical of loans. and will not end well.

i really hope from the deep of my heart that ED find a way to fix theyr financial troubles, and go back to develop quality simulations.

Exactly my thoughts :(

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• ED Team

Hi,

While Nick Grey explained why early access is important for us and the financial implications of not using the early access model he said nothing about loans or the use of loans, so please do not assume this is the case.

thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What is DCS World Early Access?

Early Access is an option for you to play this module in an early state, but it will be incomplete with bugs (could vary from EA to EA as no clear minimal standard stipulated apart from systems). The time a product remains in Early Access can vary widely (anybody's guess) based on the scope of the project, technical hurdles, and how complete the module is when it enters Early Access. Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible (though no target deadline - open to intepretation). An Early Access module can be played on both the Open Beta and Release versions of DCS World. Once the module exits Early Access (a promise to complete it... someday), you will automatically have the Release version.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Oh I’ve certainly learned a great deal through using DCS but it’s almost all been “client side.”

I just don’t think such skills should ever allow anyone an advantage in game and I definitely don’t think they should ever be encouraged by the publisher. If there’s a key function or system that is fixed by a “hack” then that code should be adopted by the Devs in order to maintain a level playing field for everyone regardless of their computer savvy-ness.

ED is not encouraging this, NL simply said what everyone already knows. And there's no advantage to speak of, because you can't use a modified FA-18C.lua online, it doens't pass IC. If people want to mod their modules for private use and use partially implemented stuff, it's up to them and it doesn't affect anyone else.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I did not buy the Viper because I learned my lesson from buying the Hornet. I guess I just expect too much from ED. Live and learn. If you can deal with the pace of additions to the sim, good luck. Bottom line, we know how EA works with ED at this point so there is no point complaining about it.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Wasn't TWS and the TGP targeting retclie on HUD supposed to be in this last update? They aren't working on mine in OB

No. No changes to the hornet, what you read was the "coming soon" features.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).