Huey Keystroke - NoProfile

7th Savas

Hello everyone,

I'm noob at Huey, i just bought it and joint this big family.

I'm using Saitek X52 and i have trouble with his profile. Using the latest driver but beside it i have some issues about Profiles...

Some questions...

1- Can i fly with huey with just using Controllers, without Profile?

2- If you are flying without profile can you share your keystrokes with me ?

Thanks!

Best Regards...

-Savaş

I don't have the Saitek so I'm not sure exactly how that will work out. I have the ThrustMaster T.Flight HOTAS stick/throttle with the ThrustMaster T.Flight Pedal System.

However, at the very least you will need to assign the axis movements to the cyclic fore/aft and the collective. You should also have a rudder axis available (it could be a twist grip on the joystick, but you will find it's more controllable with actual rudder pedals) otherwise it will be VERY difficult at best to control the helicopter.

As for the key mapping, a lot of that is dependent on your style and preferences. I have the hat switch assigned to panning the view in any direction, some buttons on the throttle (collective) to run the throttle itself, a button combo to activate the idle stop release and another button for the starter. There are a few other miscellaneous commands as well.

ONE NOTE: I was confused at first (fairly new to DCS in general) in that I configured the axis assignments in the general profile and didn't realize there are a different set of configurations for the individual aircraft so I had conflicting axis assignments at first. What I ended up doing is removing all axis assignments in the general configuration and set them up in each individual aircraft configuration. That way I have proper control setups no matter which aircraft I fly.

Hope that helps,

Highspeed