VR Test Discussion

RogueSqdn

I hear you there... And I feel like we'll likely know more when they do...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does DCSW engine support sequential stereo rendering ?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

No it doesn't. I think they should seriously think about new engine (I know the time and cost...) but I see this is dead end here. They implemented VR in the beginning and it was great but now requirements are going up and up and they sadly can't reach it. Maybe they will improve few fps but it is not enough. There are so many aspects of good visuals in VR. Weather systems, lights and shadows, rendering distance, AA (very bad in VR in DCS) There are marvellous engines that support VR sims. IMO they should think of buying such. VR is the future and revolution starts now. Devs have to be prepared.

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Rendering distance and AA is my great issue with present vr. I do not know if this is the headset, hardware limitation or dcs implementation.

Anti aliasing hasn't got depth and much impact. I have found increasing AA x4 upward settings does not make much difference in reducing shimmering.

DCS native vr software development could address some of these issues.

After trying vr in flight, it is so difficult to fly using monitor these days.

So yes vr will rule the future in flight sim and all parties involved should gear up for better optimization and improvement.

In any case, I am grateful to dcs for creating the platform to enjoy vr at this stage.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

In any case, I am grateful to dcs for creating the platform to enjoy vr at this stage.

Yes, they have my sword at the moment too.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

ED could try what other devs did. In PCars2 for instance, they implemented a sharpness filter post effect.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Il2 has it too. It helps in the cabin, but further ahead not really. Engine gives strong shimmering even with AA so there could be blur filter too. Il2 has both and in VR is quite ok.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Yeah , I view the shimmering/flickering as the biggest single problem in the DCS graphics engine-and that goes double for VR .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

With the recently released openXR API, there appears a new oportunity to improve perfromance and visual quality for VR and native support for every VR headset.

Hopefully ED will not miss to implement openXR into DCS to take advantage of the new API.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis