[Fixed]No mistral tone

Ezor

Hi guys,

I'm probably missing something but i have no tone while trying to shoot a mistral :

- master arm ON

- weapon panel ON

- left weapon selector green

- double circle on the reticle ON

- 4 mistral on board

But no tone, I'm sure it's a noob things, what did i forget ?

just tried it vs su25 and a hawk, needed to aim at the jets 6 and no further than 1-2km away and splashed em. Havent tried it against other helos yet.

have u checked your control settings for red entrys ? - i couldnt fire anything in the gazelle M as the patch somehow corrupted my joystick-luas and the fire-command turned red.

all the inputs need to be redone with this version since it introduced multi crew.

The Mistral itself will get a boost in the next update by becoming all aspect. Currently it's only rear aspect.

As for the tone missing...will have to try to replicate on my side.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

You were right tobs i had some "red controls". I fixed it but it's not resolving the missing tone problem in the Mistral version.

I can fire gun/rockets with the SA-342L without problem.

Both time i just run a simple mission from the mission editor with a Gazelle setup for "Takeoff from parking hot".

When in game I just :

- switch the master arm ON

- switch the weapon system ON

- switch the left or right weapon ON (got a green light)

- switch the reticle ON

In SA-342L, i can fire gun/rockets immediately, in SA-342 Mistral, i have the two circle in the reticle but no tone and when i got an aircraft just in the inner reticle i can't fire a missile.

flick both red covers up and select both switches to on (Up). I got tone from day one so not encountered your issue.

I noticed the same thing, one would think the trigger would be on the pilot stick but apparently not.

For context the red covers are on the "Pilot 2" side

I run some others tests, it's a sound issue, i can fire a Mistral but i don't have the tone.

I check in the Ka-50 if i got sound and yes its working properly, if i press the lamp test i can hear all the alarm. So it seems it's just an issue with the Gazelle but i don't know what.

I run some others tests, it's a sound issue, i can fire a Mistral but i don't have the tone.

I check in the Ka-50 if i got sound and yes its working properly, if i press the lamp test i can hear all the alarm. So it seems it's just an issue with the Gazelle but i don't know what.

same here. no tone online or in single player.

set up a quick test case with a circling mi-26, once i'm close enough with the target in the reticle they fire fine. just no interrupted tone, or lock tone.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've come across this this problem of no mistral missile tone today. I've tried all the fixes suggested in this thread, but nothing has helped. :helpsmilie:

This the first time I've had this problem and it used to work fine for me. So I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the recent update to 2.5.5. (I know that there are some sound issues with some of the other modules.)

Does anyone else have this problem? Or, is it working fine for you? Thanks!

I've come across this this problem of no mistral missile tone today. I've tried all the fixes suggested in this thread, but nothing has helped. :helpsmilie:

This the first time I've had this problem and it used to work fine for me. So I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the recent update to 2.5.5. (I know that there are some sound issues with some of the other modules.)

Does anyone else have this problem? Or, is it working fine for you? Thanks!

Some people is having issues since last patch, is nothing to do with the problem in this thread. They actual issue is already known and being worked on.

Chinook lover - Rober -

• 4 weeks later...
A month now and the no tone bug STILL exists? Come on polychop! This is freakin ridiculous.

You know that this bugs also affect stinger and strelas in CA? Is about the engine and not about this single module.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Same here, just bought the Gazelle, trying the weapons and no sound on the Mistrals...

And by looking the posts here, this problem was going on in 2016... 3 years ago.

I love DCS to pieces, but when I buy a new model, find a problem, then come here to find a solution and realise that there were people complaining about the same problem, 3 or 4... 5 years ago sometimes... it makes me depressed.

"A mute aircraft" lol .. I hope it doesn't go blind too!

I made a test and when starting hot, I have no sound and Mistrals don't work at all.

Then if I start from cold and dark, I don't have the sound, but I can shoot the missile... I just don't know if I have a lock on the enemy or not, but it worked...kind of... and my RWR also don't have any sound, or the fuel pumps... both dead.

I have to say, I feel a bit disapointed with the Gazelle, I was expecting a little bit more, in terms of functionality, as I learned the whole systems and everything in one day. A lot of things are not functional or simply don't work at all. I really hope they keep working on this module and make it better, with all the functions. I know a lot of things in DCS can not be modeled exactly as they are in real life, for security reasons. But then spend all of this money on a module that is missing so many functionalities and the ones that it has don't work properly... also makes me depressed.

Edited by AleCisla