Rreally new to FC3 - 1st basic, basic question

bofhlusr

Good stuff from the 104th!! I was wondering if there are any such things for the SU-33, like controls and functions. I am brand new to FC3 and DCS, loaded up last Saturday, and as someone who always struggles with new cellphones asnd new radar and GPS systems in the course of my regular job I could use some nice simplified manuals or tutorials!!

~S

Good stuff from the 104th!! I was wondering if there are any such things for the SU-33, like controls and functions. I am brand new to FC3 and DCS, loaded up last Saturday, and as someone who always struggles with new cellphones asnd new radar and GPS systems in the course of my regular job I could use some nice simplified manuals or tutorials!!

~S

Controls are almost the same. If you are good in the F-15 you can be okay in the SU-33 straight away, control wise. Tactic wise it's a different story.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Bazaar

Side note: I know it probably has something to do with being a Russian but why the heck is it called Flaming Cliffs?? (I'm in the U.S. and I would never have thought of a cliff in flames. Buildings and forests, yes. Cliffs? No.) And what is the Bazar folder? Is that an acronym or a Russian name? I'm not dishing the naming conventions. Just curious on why things are the way they are.

'Bazaar' means Market.. in turkish..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Hmm..

Yeah, I'm with you Bro.

There is no training as such given for the A10.

I have given up on all but one of the aircraft in FC3, because there is no tuition.

I got tired of searching for it as you get 2 results for the A10A and the rest is all A10C.

The results you do get are mostly players showing off.

" I can show you how to navigate" " you line your missile up on the target and "

No, please wait. I need to know how to navigate in the aircraft. Is there an auto pilot? How do I operate it?

"yeah well ya need to line up your attack run and"

Stop, please. What do I need to do between turning the power on and becoming an ace killer like you?

"well you need to load ya pods with these things and swing in from the"

Thank you, someone is at the door, I need to go over there now.

I did come across a really good tutorial, some guy called Robert ?. Only on the Su25T.

If I had known this program was only for qualified experts I don't think I would have bothered.

I certainly would not have spent money on FC3 if I had known you have to just mash the keyboard controls until something happens, then work it out for yourself what it did, and why.

I just keep plugging away at it, every now and then something works.

But no, we are pretty much on our own Bro.

This!..is what is WRONG with the world right now.. Somehow we forget about.. training hard, working even harder.. and not just expect that we can become proficient 'over night' in any field, just by reading 'tutorials' on 'how can I get rich' or 'how can I meet women' etc.. and, instead, we complain that we are helpless in achieve something because other people should do more than us, for us, instead of.. US!!! Feel me..?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

How new? I had a heck of a time logging in to this forum. I kept entering my username and password and resetting several times, using my credentials for the DCS website (digitalcombatsimulator.com); not realizing that this forum uses a different login and password. I wish they made that clearer to newbies like me when they buy their products.

My basic, basic question:

Is there a detailed manual on how to fly and land the A-10A in FC3? Something like a walk through, for example:

To fly:

1. Press button x to start engine

2. Increase throttle to 50%

3. Arm master switches (which ones?)

4. Release brakes (what button?)

5. Adjust flaps...

etc.

I'm looking for a detailed walk through tutorial, not a reference manual or user's guide telling me _where_ and _what_ the buttons are for. Instead, I need to know *how* and preferably also *why*.

I see a lot of people enjoying this game. Please help me have fun with this too.

Thanks!

You should watch Bunyap's YouTube videos. He goes in to incredible detail with regards to systems, why things are connected etc. His channel is here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCChA7JzaWoakPbvpmUzMH5g

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.