help? TM:WH pinky registers ENTER in game - ??

hello

i've searched - [ "pinky enter" "pinky s3" "pinky thrustmaster" "pinky warthog" etc] and can't seem to find anyone else having this issue, let alone a solution

i've got the TM:WH - i'm programming it for the F-15C in TARGET (i'm new - SOMEday i'll tackle their scripting language - but not yet!lol) - and i want to use the pinky switch (S3) as a "shift" layer

it is working - problem is, IN THE GAME ITSELF the game is interpreting the S3 pinky switch as an ENTER key

i know this because in the F-15C "instant action" scenario there are bombers right on the nose jamming - they appear in the radar when i press "i" to start the radar, then if i click S3 (prepatory to manipulating the radar) the target is locked in HOJ mode because the TDC bug (in default position at start) is over the jamming contact

TDC over jamming contact + ENTER key = locked jamming contact

does anybody know why DCS is interpreting my S3 pinky switch as ENTER?

i've gone in to the DCS controls/keymapping in the GUI for the F-15C controls and removed "all" joystick button entries in there (TM has its own column)

also, as part of troubleshooting, i've used the EVENT TESTER - the joystick is NOT sending the ENTER command ---- other commands behave as intended vis a vis S3 status being "In" and "Out"

and, to cover my bases, i just got off the ph w/ TM - no help there

this little glitch is kicking my lil white butt!

any ideas out there??

thx in advance

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hello

any ideas out there??

thx in advance

Run TARGET script from the GUI.

Fire up DCS and go to OPTIONS > CONTROLS

Look in the coloum titled 'Thrustmaster Combined" for your 'enter' command and delete it....

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Chris

• Like 1

yeah.. i did that

quoting myself >>

i've gone in to the DCS controls/keymapping in the GUI for the F-15C controls and removed "all" joystick button entries in there (TM has its own column)

: (

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CJS, you were right

now when i go back there, the joystick buttons HAD NOT been deleted (??)

i swear, last night i went in did that, went back in and verified they were gone, restarted DCS - all night i wrestled with this

this morning - solved

freaking weird

thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]