How to stop this CHEAT - HACKED DEDI SERVER

Falcon_S

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the three times this has happened on the 51st server I have been able to find out the following information.

When this happens:

• The player causing this must be on the server
  • When he selects a plane (enters the server), the AI planes and the one he flies spawn (but not the one he selected)
  • The AI planes spawn over a spawn point, and follow the waypoints
  • Events made by the cheater are not logged
  • Events made by the AI planes are logged as unregistered
  • The offender(s) is/are located in the same city and use the same ISP (pm me for more info), however, they do not share a common IP/UCID
  • When the offending player is kicked from the server the plane he flies dissappears, but the AI planes remain and will engage players

Because of the different IPs/UCIDs you can not pre-emptively ban the offending player.

• Like 1

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Case's post may give you some ideas - I can't really say more except that the issue is known and you'll probably find counter-measures will come with FC3 for example ... master server login should also be helpful for the admin.

Any ideas what can?

Perhaps ED can help. I mean, with this kind of hacking, it could be the end of multiplayer for ED sims.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

At =4c= server now can join only registered players. =4c=Sandman, 104th_Presing and me are make player list alowed to join with known callsigns. We test it.. If someone cant join he must ask registration at 4c forum. But this is not good solution because hacker can ask registration too, we don know who is it. And he can use any known nickname of known pilots - that can be really bad problem. I`m noted =4c=Sandman for this possible discomfort for the player with a good reputation.

Can't ask through a pm?, I don't want to join another forum. But this could explain why 4c is empty today.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

If server admins have the server logs, servman logs, tracks and tacviews, this is what they should look for to find the offending player.

• From the track or tacview, locate the mission time when the human flown Su-27 spawns
  • Also get mission times for when other players spawn
  • Correlate the spawntimes to UTC times from the servman server logs, or the server elapsed times in the network logs
  • From the network logs, get the IP/UCID from the player

• Like 1

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Main problem is how he do that? How he employ more planes in the missions? How is possibly he is hiden and not in logged?

Good observation Case.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Can't ask through a pm?, I don't want to join another forum. But this could explain why 4c is empty today.

Cali, we are add many squads. 3sqn, <51st>, 104th...and many more. You can join without problems i think.

• Like 1

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Main problem is how he do that? How he employ more planes in the missions? How is possibly he is hiden and not in logged?

He is logged onto the server. What his cheat does is that when he enters the server he does not spawn in his selected plane, but spawns in the air over another airbase.

Cali, we are add many squads. 3sqn, <51st>, 104th...and many more. You can join without problems i think.

Ok, that's good, thanks :). Lets hope this guy gets caught and his computer blows up :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

He is logged onto the server. What his cheat does is that when he enters the server he does not spawn in his selected plane, but spawns in the air over another airbase.

That's what I saw in the 51st the other day, even if you kill him he spawns in the air and you spawn on the ground.

Glad this is getting some attention from ED mods, on the Russian side of the forum things seem to be ignored - unfortunately.

From what has been discussed so far on the Russian side:

• Code injection via an unchecked LUA file
  • Mission file is edited/exploited on the client side thus the spawning over airbases and so on

We have seen it before, on numerous occaisions when client aircraft spawns in the air while the mission specifically states to spawn on the ground. This is due to some sort of corruption when the client joins the server and retrieves the mission file. Well this guy took it further and is basically able to edit the mission to his liking, and the server has no tools to protect against it.

So, it is my belief that introducing an ability to integrity check the mission file on client's end will resolve a lot of the issues presented. At this time it is impossible as the mission file is stamped with the local (client's) time.

A-10C and BS2 network code and by extension FC3 will not completely resolve the problem. The only thing I believe FC3 will help with will be UCID spoofing which is rampant right now.

Edited by Sov13t
Ipad typing skills suxor

Can we lock for editing mission file somehow?

Ask the vergeev group as they managed to lock their missions against editing I believe. Try a combination of Ctrl C or similar which is what it was in LOMAC I believe.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Case's post may give you some ideas - I can't really say more except that the issue is known and you'll probably find counter-measures will come with FC3 for example ... master server login should also be helpful for the admin.

That's great. If ED are looking at this thread and it helps improve FC3, that would be excellent.

Maybe solution is in payment, let ED make 2 or 3 servers with some kind of mission`s and if you wanna play, pay! It can be done for 1 month, 3month or 6 month(this is very good sim. and i don`t know does ED get back there money for such big effort), so you will have everybody`s name and IP`s and much less sicktards on the servers.;) Cheers to all normal people S!

• Like 1