Lockon banned members allowed here?

VMFA117_Poko

I remember. Pitty. I thought when everything is bright now they could get a second chance. They weren't silly guys. You know Kenan. It's all about words. Politics' slipups are very often forgotten. They represent only themselves. Did those guys really big offence to ED?

P.S.

Congrats for your promotion here and on lockon forum. You're moderator now :)

It would be a good PR move to unban Ruggbut, Iguanaking etc as far as this forum is concerned.

I don't know if they'd come over, but that group contributed a lot to the community & although they may have persisted with topics they were told to leave alone, & got a bit hot under the collar about the stand alone / give us a patch thing, the stand alone issue is dead now, the patch will hopefully arrive after BS release (to not release it (at least & at most the limited 'fixes' that ED have acknowledged need doing) - even if resource had to be diverted from other work - would be very bad PR with a group (FC forum) who are vocal & constitute the core of the future online community for this sim also ) & once that is out keeping those ex-members in 'limbo' over at lo-mac only breeds discontent.

Realy - why not make all bans temporary with a maximum of 3 (?) months ?

After that - if they realy want to come back they can & can be open about it, if they misbehave, you know who they are & can deal with them appropriately - not having to give them the benefit of the doubt because you're not sure who they realy are, & if they were just trouble makers you'll probably not see them again anyway.

Cheers.

better still an invite, water under the bridge kind of thing.

i for one miss their input, knowledge and comedy.

unfortunately its not our call, maybe the bridge is blown up.

don't get me wrong, i would love to have them back.

unfortunately its not our call, maybe the bridge is blown up.

don't get me wrong, i would love to have them back.

last I remembered whenever you start a new game that bridge you blew up last time gets rebuilt.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...
last I remembered whenever you start a new game that bridge you blew up last time gets rebuilt.

Totally agree. Aside from the bad, lots of good imput came from their direction and the small community cant afford to silence well known peeps for too long. It just gets annoying. By all means if they deserve it do it again but I think a fresh start is in order. Thats if they wanna come back i guess.

=IronAngels=

Http://www.ironangelslockonsquad.com

Iron Angels Lockon Squad

Iron Angels: The Proud, The Few, The Elite

Definitely bring them back; the past is best left where it belongs. I was away from lockon.ru for a long time so I don't know what went down, but I do know Ruggbut is a decent person. At the time when I wanted to get back into simming, but have no access to highspeed connection, he sent me a copy of FC and all the necessary patch and add-ons to get me started. He did this without me asking for his help; he just did it and I live across the world from him.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I do know Ruggbut is a decent person. At the time when I wanted to get back into simming, but have no access to highspeed connection, he sent me a copy of FC and all the necessary patch and add-ons to get me started. He did this without me asking for his help; he just did it and I live across the world from him.

Well said leafer, I have personally benefited from Ruggbuts advice and generosity and would love to see him back within the forums.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

I agree too some banned members really did contribute a lot to the community in the past, and even though there was quite a bit of stuff going on that shouldn't have on lockon forums maybe they could get second chance here? I hope we do learn from experience and will know how to handle these things in better way... now bring on the Ka-50 and let me hop in... so I can die 1,000,000 times in it :)

No longer active in DCS...

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in on this one.

I don't really know all the details behind all the banning and don't really care or do I have any of my buds or squad mates banned (44th). However If ED is moving on to bigger and better projects and wants the community support to grow to forget and forgive the mishaps of the Lockon product. I for one think we all need to look at the passion factor.

There has been a number of time in the past when I voiced my extreme displeasure over the missile performance issues. In fact, the missile performance issue has always been a very important issue to me and this issue and real life has caused me to step away from lockon which i was once very passionate about. These missile rants of mine were my only outlet. The point is people can get passionate about their flight sims and this can be a good thing if a developer delivers the product they advertising during the marketing phase.

However, the truth be told lockon never measured up to the hype, the potential was there and DC is realizing that potential and moving to bring it to the market. But I believe this leaves things unfinished in the perceptions for many of lockons supporters. The passionate people in our community that overstepped their place just as I once did and many other have as well, who really only wanted the product that was advertised.

I think its very dishearting to see passion and the desire to have a product that was advertised to be viewed in such a bad light. There are mistakes to be handed out on all sides. This is why I think banning people from lockon over here is void of any real self examination and leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I love the healing notion, lets move on, new product, new passions, and new start for ED and passionate community members, what do you say???

A.K.A. 44th Eagle

After carefully considering this issue over the past several weeks, we’ve decided to allow for a case-by-case review of the banned members, although probably not until the end of the year. While we are open to the possibility of returning some banned members, we will not reopen our doors to those who have repeatedly and deliberately attacked the company and its team members on our or other community forums.

We thank you for the input and appreciate the civility with which this ordinarily explosive conversation was conducted.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules