AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE

Wags

AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE  

441 members have voted

1. 1. AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE

• 1 Calendar Day
    • 3 Calendar Days ( Current System Under Evaluation )
    • 7 Calendar Days
    • 14 Calendar Days
    • 21 Calendar Days
    • 30 Calendar Days ( Once a Month )
    • 60 Calendar Days
    • 90 Calendar Days

• ED Team
Is there an offline mode for 1.58 or only for 2.5?

from 2.5.1 onward

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3463558&postcount=8

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
I hope comes out soon lol because I have laptop that could really use this feature.

Bare in mind you are putting your account offline, so to go back online you need to enable online from the same machine, you can not login to other machines if you are offline and use them online.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My vote in the poll sadly isn't among options cause it's: remove this flawed system.

DCS has the worst protection/activation system I've seen in my life and I've been flying since Commodore C64 times. It's also the most abusive to legal owner system that I've seen.

Personally I would want it to be completely removed and ED going back to the drawing board and rethink it from ground up. Other games have single-activation system and it works well for them. No-one else has this ridiculous requirement of logging in every few days and activating and re-activating and having LIMITED ACTIVATIONS. Seriously, who the heck came up with that?!

Why is ED too "good" for single activations? After all, even the biggest authorities on copy protection have stated that these days copy protection lasts only for a few days and their goals is to protect product only for the first few days of the launch that are the most profitting. Why shaft the guy who gave you the money because of someone who didn't?

My first biggest issue is that I'm NOT the owner of the module I bought with my hard-earned money, I just rent it and I'm not allowed to sell it, loan it or give it way. Imagine buying a car and the sales rep telling you "Keep in mind, even though you paid the full, idiotically exorbitant price, this vehicle does not belong to you and you are not allowed to do as you please with it and the manufacturer can come in at any time and take it away from you".

Would you be happy? Would you support that?

My vote in the poll sadly isn't among options cause it's: remove this flawed system.

DCS has the worst protection/activation system I've seen in my life and I've been flying since Commodore C64 times. It's also the most abusive to legal owner system that I've seen.

Personally I would want it to be completely removed and ED going back to the drawing board and rethink it from ground up. Other games have single-activation system and it works well for them. No-one else has this ridiculous requirement of logging in every few days and activating and re-activating and having LIMITED ACTIVATIONS. Seriously, who the heck came up with that?!

Why is ED too "good" for single activations? After all, even the biggest authorities on copy protection have stated that these days copy protection lasts only for a few days and their goals is to protect product only for the first few days of the launch that are the most profitting. Why shaft the guy who gave you the money because of someone who didn't?

My first biggest issue is that I'm NOT the owner of the module I bought with my hard-earned money, I just rent it and I'm not allowed to sell it, loan it or give it way. Imagine buying a car and the sales rep telling you "Keep in mind, even though you paid the full, idiotically exorbitant price, this vehicle does not belong to you and you are not allowed to do as you please with it and the manufacturer can come in at any time and take it away from you".

They are currently removing the activation based system.

All new modules come with the new one. It is likely they will move the old Starforce key protected stuff to the new system.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In the typical western legal system, you simply can only "own" tangeable things.

That is why any game/software you buy is licensed and not sold to you.

This becomes obvious as ED is constantly updating and advancing the software licensed to you.

If you were getting a physical copy that you own, what about updates and new features?

You own that particular copy, not the updated one.

That would require an additional software assurance/maintenance contract. Unfortunately for different countries (e.g. US vs. EU) these fall under a different categories and have to follow different legal rules... That is you will have a simple License agreement where the company has the possibility to update and patch your software without getting consent from each and every "owner".

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)