IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - MARCH 2017

Dolphin887

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that your key number? You should probably edit this image.

No, no worries. Error report does not contain the key in any form. Even we don't know it, only the user knows it.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I only have beta, and 2.0 installed at this time, can I just merely uninstall the module and wait for future patches and avoid having to mess around with the PDF attached at the first post?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

As I only have beta, and 2.0 installed at this time, can I just merely uninstall the module and wait for future patches and avoid having to mess around with the PDF attached at the first post?

You have to deactivate StarForce if you want to preserve one activation. After this I would recommend registry cleaning to prepare the environment for later patching.

After this, you don't really need to uninstall the module.

Instead, go to DCS->Options->Module manager->uncheck MiG-21 (deactivate the module within DCS) so it will be ignored when you use DCS. You have to do this for both DCS versions you have.

This is what I recommend, you have few more options.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On steam the update has not dropped yet did it? I want to play the mig again. I still have to use the steam version.

Correct provided you did not manually edit update configuration. Steam is Public version (by default).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Dolphin887, Thanks for the feedback and the updates to the MIG 21. I have ran the latest update, so is it safe to activate the module again. I apologize for the question, if I missed the answer elsewhere.

Thanks

FredM2002

Intel i7-12700K, 128 GB RAM, 3080 TI, 26 TB of Storage

Hi Dolphin887, Thanks for the feedback and the updates to the MIG 21. I have ran the latest update, so is it safe to activate the module again. I apologize for the question, if I missed the answer elsewhere.

Thanks

FredM2002

In Beta, yes.

If you have any problems write to our support@leatherneck-sim.com

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I patched it before I saw this and broke it... Deleted the Mig-21 files to try and just fresh install like it was a new module and now it doesn't detect that I own it and I cannot download it in the module manager in open beta 1.5.6... Totally my fault and I apologize, is it salvageable?

So I patched it before I saw this and broke it... Deleted the Mig-21 files to try and just fresh install like it was a new module and now it doesn't detect that I own it and I cannot download it in the module manager in open beta 1.5.6... Totally my fault and I apologize, is it salvageable?

Make sure your delete your Leatherneck registry key (using "regedit" commadn in windows) as instructed in the pdf file and follow the instructions in that file. That should do the trick.

For some reason I forgot to delete my registry and the mig-21 pop-up asking me for my activation/deactivation of the module would never allow me to re-activate my key. Deleting the registry manually did the trick.

Yes.

Please send us e-mail at support@leatherneck-sim.com with following details:

- which versions of DCSs you are running (exactly),

- print-screen of your Module manager/Installed page, with your MiG key visible, so we can check StarForce server side for details.

Don't post these here, send mail please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So yeah... I missed this and updated DCS 1.5 open beta. Now what do I do? I can't deactivate...

I got it to work by deleting the registry key (with backup of course) at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations

and then re-entering the key to activate from scratch. This all happened after I got the latest update without deactivating the first time like it was suggested.

I got it to work by deleting the registry key (with backup of course) at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations

and then re-entering the key to activate from scratch. This all happened after I got the latest update without deactivating the first time like it was suggested.

Yep works exactly! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you guys finally going to use same starforce setup than ED and others 3rd party ?

Vodka Squadron, which had quite some bad time with the mig, is very enthousiast about all the mig21 fixes we are seen everyday now :) :) :)

+1

This question has not been answered, yet!

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK I thought I had it sorted, but it appears I don't.

1/ I patched V1.5 beta before I knew anything about this Starforce problem.

2/ According to instructions in PDF and on this forum, I deactivated Mig-21 from V2 Alpha, tried to from V1.5 stable (but it said it was already deactivated) and from V1.5 beta by removing the entry in the registry.

3/ I then reactivated only in V1.5 beta and everything appeared OK.

4/ Today V2 Alpha was updated, and now even though I deactivated the Mig-21 I get the error message for the Mig-21 when V2 is starting.

I get the same error message when I try to start V1.5 stable.

Could someone please explain what I should do now?

Limited activations are a ridiculous idea if we are going to have to go through these issues! So we got two extra activations; the ways it's going I will be using more than that. I have already used 2 and 1 deactivation. I will still also have to reactivate in V1.5 and 2.0.

Edited by scotth6

Please disable the MiG module in Alpha and Public to avoid SF spamming you when you use those DCS versions.

Both mentioned version will be patched, and MiG will become available for those.

We have to wait for the patch release. You wont need any further activations provided nothing changes on your current setup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please disable the MiG module in Alpha and Public to avoid SF spamming you when you use those DCS versions.

Both mentioned version will be patched, and MiG will become available for those.

We have to wait for the patch release. You wont need any further activations provided nothing changes on your current setup.

Is it the upcoming patch to 1.5.6.3690 (that we are waiting for) before we can reactivate the MiG-21 in 1.5? It says "the first update to DCS World version 1.5.6 to Open Beta" which suggests the stable 1.5 is being updated to Beta standard.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3096788&postcount=45

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

It says "the first update to DCS World version 1.5.6 to Open Beta" which suggests the stable 1.5 is being updated to Beta standard.[/url]

Precisely:

"DCS 1.5.6.3690 Update 1

To Open Beta at first."

which means, open Beta is updated with this patch.

If all goes OK after some time, the patch will be distributed to Public DCS. It might contain further fixes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And when will the mig 21 update released on the release version?

We don't know that at the moment. ED makes such decisions.

Edited by Dolphin887
typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK I thought I had it sorted, but it appears I don't.

1/ I patched V1.5 beta before I knew anything about this Starforce problem.

2/ According to instructions in PDF and on this forum, I deactivated Mig-21 from V2 Alpha, tried to from V1.5 stable (but it said it was already deactivated) and from V1.5 beta by removing the entry in the registry.

3/ I then reactivated only in V1.5 beta and everything appeared OK.

4/ Today V2 Alpha was updated, and now even though I deactivated the Mig-21 I get the error message for the Mig-21 when V2 is starting.

Limited activations are a ridiculous idea if we are going to have to go through these stuff ups! So we got two extra activations; the ways it's going I will be using more than that.

You've got it sorted allright. It's just Your MiG will not work in stable and Alpha versions for the time being, as these haven't been updated yet. Click through the pop-up screens when trying to play them, or, as Dolphin suggests, disable the MiG in them, 'cause it won't work anyway.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.