IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - MARCH 2017

Dolphin887

Hi all, I didn't see this post until after I updated the open beta yesterday (31/3/17). What do I have to do?

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow the steps described on the PDF, Page 8, attached in the first post.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Follow the steps described on the PDF, Page 8, attached in the first post.

Got it, thanks

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

better notification on updates?

I updated DCS without reading and had a bit of trouble with the activation, but solved it with the info in the PDF.

For us who aren't reading the forums before every update (unless it's the beta) is there an easier way to get the info sooner, perhaps in a mail or something similar?

Don't want to make the same mistake again.

"Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is not a natural act."

-GunnyHighway, Heartbreak Ridge

"Well, jumping from a spinning, burning and falling one is not that damn natural either" -Me

I followed the steps in the pdf, - very much appreciated - updated beta and 2.0 yesterday, and I get a request to activate the module in all three installs. I didn't reactivate. As i understand it, I should just wait till a patch for both 2.0 and the stable build is released before reactivating. Is this accurate? Thanks for the comprehensive .pdf explaining all of this in detail.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

You can reactivate It in Open Beta and fly It there, WITHOUT using the Mig-21 in the Stable and 2.0 versions until they get patched.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I think the message from first post should have stated clearly three things

1. The 3 versions of DCS (alpha, beta and Stable) WILL DESYNC after next update and will be again in sync when all versions will be patched.

So playing all versions will be impossible after next patch.

2. The first patch to enter the public use will be for BETA version.

So not playing beta will save you a week or so of headache.

3. All you can lose are activations... most probably One if you don't start to activate in all versions like a headless chicken. If you did... mail M3 and ask kindly for more.

So best course of action are:

A. If you play Beta deactivate Mig21 and either play only beta or don't play Mig21 at all untill all versions are Patched.

B. If you don't play beta deactivate next week before Patch to Alpha or Stable and stop playing Mig21 until all remaining versions (Alpha and Stable) are patched.

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I followed the steps in the pdf, - very much appreciated - updated beta and 2.0 yesterday, and I get a request to activate the module in all three installs. I didn't reactivate. As i understand it, I should just wait till a patch for both 2.0 and the stable build is released before reactivating. Is this accurate? Thanks for the comprehensive .pdf explaining all of this in detail.

You can activate either in the latest beta (1.5.6 update 1), or in the other release/alpha branches, but not all the branches at the same time. There is only one MiG-21 key set on your computer, but 1.5.6 is now using a new version of the DRM.

And... I was late ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Hi

I haven't went into Alpha for a while but when I did today I've got an updated alert to go from

to

Now I'm confused about what I should do with the MiG-21 Deactivation/Activation. helpsmilie.gif

For the moment I'm not going to install the patch until somebody on here can tell me if this patch is the one that requires to me to deactivate/reactivate or if the relevant patch that requires this action is still to come for the Alpha

Should add that I did deactivate/reactivate for the Beta & I'll probably not fly in NTTR at all until I can get an answer

It all seems a little confusing to me......................but I'm not the sharpest tool in the box

You only need to read the PDF attached in the first post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You only need to read the PDF attached in the first post.

I did, I don't have the time and it's a bit to complicated, that why I my post and the question "What happen if i don't go trough all that and it update?"

I don't even what is the Starforce thing

;)

Edited by Decibel dB

Starforce is the copy protection system for any DCS module.

Your key will not work and you are not going to be able to fly the Mig-21.

But if you cant follow the step by step guide on the PDF i cant do anything for you. If its a language barrier ask someone to translate the PDF to your own language.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"What happen if i don't go trough all that and it update?"

You can cancel any update for any DCS version on update offer. If you don't update, you will be able to use unpatched MiG in any DCS.

If you don't deactivate and Open Beta updates, you won't be able to use MiG in any DCS you might have. In that case the easiest approach is to clean the registry (as described in the instructions document, starting from page 8 ). You will be able to use MiG in Open Beta only, until other versions are patched.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I updated to the latest Alpha 2.0.5.3140.194

I'm getting this

MiG-21%20Error%20Window_zpsetq76fbl.png

So I'm guessing here that the next Apha update will include the patch, as it states that once the deactivation/reactivation is completed in the Beta it is not necessary to do it for the Alpha.

Looks like there won't be MiG-21's over Nevada for a week or so

You can still use Mig-21 on Alpha or release DOING ANYTHING.

Just keep your Mig-21 activated until they get updated on both versions. Then do the PDF steps on the version updated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you do get home, simply deactivate it, before double clicking the icon to start the game.

Ok thanks Rudel. Is there a time limit because I may be away for three to six more months.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Ok, was thinking about trying the updated Mig21bis today. I have release and open beta installed.

I followed the instructions in the SF PDF, backed up both bin directories (release and OB), and deactivated the Mig21bis. I did not uninstall the module from either DCS (OB or release) and prior to the update I would get the usual dialog after starting DCS release, that I need to activate the Mig21bis, to which I clicked Exit and continued on in DCS release.

I have now updated DCS OB, so I will activate the Mig21bis the next time I start DCS OB, so I'm good there.

What about the release version after I activate the module? I realize I should NOT fly the Mig21bis module in release at this time, but will simply starting DCS release after activating the module cause any issues re:activations?

Should I uninstall the Mig21bis module (for now) in release before I activate the module and try it on DCS OB?

Thanks

Should I uninstall the Mig21bis module (for now) in release before I activate the module and try it on DCS OB?

Thanks

That is not a bad idea: it will spare you from being spammed with SF dialog at Public.

Once the Public is patched, just install MiG - it should work right away.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I updated to the latest Alpha 2.0.5.3140.194

I'm getting this

<image>

So I'm guessing here that the next Apha update will include the patch, as it states that once the deactivation/reactivation is completed in the Beta it is not necessary to do it for the Alpha.

Looks like there won't be MiG-21's over Nevada for a week or so

Is that your key number? You should probably edit this image.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR