Harm question

Seaside

I tried the Harm demo mission. Pretty straightforward so I made a quick mission.

A single Grisha

Loaded 2 Harms.

AG mode active.

Master mode on.

Harm selected in stores and displayed on HUD.

Harm does not detect the Grisha as a threat and I get shotdown.

It's radar must be on to shoot me down.

I've tried 0-10,000 feet altitude - is there a minimum alt ? or range ?

Not sure what I'm missing ?

Mark

The HARM itself does not detect anything at this point. The TOO mode hasn't been implemented yet. For now, you have to use your RWR to detect threats and cycle through them to engage with the HARM. Do you have your RWR turned on?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What you described doing in your first post should be enough to activate the HARMs. What I'm having trouble with is... what is the 'Grisha'? Which Nato designation are you referring to? Not sure if you maybe mean a Grizzly or a Grison... I have a feeling it's the Grison if you're only experimenting under 10,000ft.

I'll load up a practice mission and see how it goes.

EDIT: Or yes, could the RWR being turned off!

Edited by LooseSeal
Change in context

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Well when I first posted I was clicking the rwr switch and I must have been missing it. Its very hard to see and I haven't played in a while so forgot to listen to the rwr tone when it comes on.

So now with rwr on the threat shows up on my threat/ SA display.

The harm on station 2 says ready. RDY

AG mode is active. AG lit

Master arm in on

ALR-67 set to RCV

ALE-47 on auto (guess it doesn't work anyway Lol)

The Grisha is a Russian Corvette sized ship. I also tried setup using an SA-6 from a template.

Pretty sure I'm doing something dumb, just don't know what it is :)

I just don't get the Harm target boxes I get in Wags video, but I do get shotdown.

Thanks guys, I'll try that. I was using my right DDI for EW and left for stores but didn't set the SOI.

Sorry man, got my weapons mixed up. You don't need an SOI for HARM's. Just select threat with FLIR/FOV button and fire. If there are a number of threats keep pushing FLIR/FOV button until you box the threat you want to shoot and fire weapon. It sounds like you're doing everything correctly. I had a time in a mission Saturday night where for some reason my FLIR/FOV button wouldn't cycle through the threats. A bit later it started working correctly.

Edited by Sparky1b09