Through The Inferno (Las Vegas) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Big game changing update for TTI SP!!

UPDATE 01/17/2019

- Added 'configurable' mission settings for TTI SP. Check the readme file on editing mission settings for more details.

Find the download at the ED userfiles link on the first post.

EASILY EDIT AND CONFIGURE MISSION SPAWNING AND OTHER SETTINGS!

You can configure and personalize the many attributes of Air to Ground Missions, Air to Air spawns and JTAC settings within the mission editor easily.

There is a tutorial readme file on how to do this.

You can also just look here to see what kind of mission settings are editable and what they change:

HOW TO CHANGE MISSION SETTINGS:

GO TO THE TRIGGER LIST IN THE MISSION EDITOR (3rd icon under MIS on the LEFT PANEL)

On the FIRST TRIGGER, look in ACTIONS > DO SCRIPT.

There you can edit the number values for adjusting the mission properties.

AFTER EDITING, SAVE MISSION!!!!!

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR THE NUMBER VALUES!!!

This is what each setting does:

a2a_respawn_time = TIME IN SECONDS BETWEEN EACH AUTOMATIC A2A SPAWN (TTI ALIVE ONLY)

sam_enable = SET TRUE OR FALSE DEPENDING ON IF YOU WANT THERE TO BE RANDOM SAM SITES SPAWNING ON THE MAP OUTSIDE OF MISSION ZONES (TTI ALIVE ONLY)

sam_respawn_time = TIME IN SECONDS BETWEEN RANDOM SAM SITE SPAWN (TTI ALIVE ONLY)

jtac_smokes_targets = SET TRUE OR FALSE IF YOU WANT JTACS TO SMOKE LASED TARGETS!

You can set the number to 0 if you do not want that unit type at these missions.

a2g_hard_misc = how many MISC ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g HARD

a2g_hard_aa = how many Anti Air ground units (shilka, ural AAA, soft single unit SAM like tunguska, osa) will spawn at a2g HARD

a2g_hard_sam = how many SAM ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g HARD

a2g_easy_misc = how many MISC ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g EASY

a2g_easy_aa = how many Anti Air ground units (shilka, ural AAA, soft single unit SAM like tunguska, osa) will spawn at a2g EASY

a2g_easy_sam = how many SAM ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g EASY

a2g_helo_misc = how many MISC ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g HELO

a2g_helo_aa = how many Anti Air ground units (shilka, ural AAA, soft single unit SAM like tunguska, osa) will spawn at a2g HELO

a2g_inf_troops = how many infantry ground units (troops) will spawn at a2g INFANTRY ASSAULT

a2g_inf_misc = how many MISC ground units (armor, unarmed, etc...) will spawn at a2g INFANTRY ASSAULT

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

New update here:

UPDATE 01/22/2019

- Added waypoints to all missions except anti-ship for F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C and M-2000C. The intel reports will specify which waypoints to use to go to an active mission zone.

- Fixed "AI friendly A2A Backup" logic. They will now properly patrol and will also takeoff from the runway directly.

- Fixed the spawned in "ZEUS" aircraft to not just fly straight and/or RTB. They will now do CAP and orbit.

- Fixed the SA-2 unit group to be more active than to just be an extremely close range SAM site.

- Added an SA-11 battery to the unit pool of SAMs.

- Changed frequency presets in the F/A-18C. If you decide to add A2A wingmen to the hornet slots, they will speak to you on 305mhz AM

- JTAC Autolase script now tells you when units are destroyed and when new units are being lased.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 01/26/2019

- Added a new "DEFINE MISSION SETTINGS" section where users can now adjust and change which units are spawned in the random spawning pool of A2A and A2G (AA Threats) missions.

This is especially useful if you want to prevent certain units from being spawned for A2G and A2A missions.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 01/28/2019

- Added a new setting to configure where users can now adjust more A2A spawns (the ALL RANDOM set)

- Added a new setting for A2A random spawns where users set a minimum and maximum time to make the time in which a2a spawns occur much more dynamic, random and unpredictable than they already are.

- Added new settings that made TTI Standard vs TTI Alive redundant since now users can configure which missions are enabled for auto-spawned. If you want to revert to a TTI Standard setting where all missions are spawned manually, most of these auto-spawn settings should be set to "FALSE" as they are set to TRUE by default.

-These changes bring a fully custom experience to TTI, encouraging players to adjust the mission as their skills increase.

UPDATE 01/29/2019

- Fixed an issue where some A2G Hard Missions were not applying player defined settings for number of SAMS on A2G Hard Missions

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

New update everyone!

UPDATE 02/12/2019

- Added a new "A2A Intercept Bombers" mission type.

- Added new config options to set time for enemy bomber auto spawns and options to enable/disable them.

Find the download link on the first post of this thread.

Also, by popular demand; We recently opened up a Patreon page for those who wish to support all TTI projects:

Support Through The Inferno on Patreon!

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

New update everyone!

UPDATE 03/02/2019

- Added MiG-19P

- "Refreshed" units that affect the new F/A-18C Data Link Update

- Fixed incorrect frequency listing in the custom kneeboard.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 03/02/2019 - 1: HOTFIX

- Fixed a critical scripting error that broke mission spawns. All works now.

- AWACS Frequency returned to 251mhz AM as listed in the kneeboard and briefing.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 03/04/2019 - 1: v1.50

- Changed TACAN frequencies of ships/tankers to fix AWACS D/L for the F/A-18C

- Added RWR for the MiG-19P

- Removed static objects on carriers

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

New update! OMFG TOMCAT HYPE!

UPDATE 03/13/2019 - 1: v1.51

- Added 2 F-14B slots to the mission

Note: I'm aware of the F10 Mission Spawning menus not working for anyone except for the host. I have a fix in place, but I need more time to test it to ensure it works properly. For now it's best ran with the host playing instead of using this mission on a dedicated machine if you wish to use the mission spawning and intel F10 menus.

"Through The Inferno"

Mission cannot be saved due to errors - MiG-19P Invalid Frequency

Hey DeadlyFishes, thanks for the hard work. I'm new to DCS, and new to TTI, just trying the single player stuff before jumping into MP so I can get used to how it works and I don't get in anyone's way.

I've grabbed the (until today) most recent version of the single player files, 1.50, and I'm having trouble going from mission briefing to play. So far I've tried Nevada and Persian Gulf, and it's throwing an error at me saying the mission cannot be saved due to errors. [CAP] MiG-19P Invalid Frequency 124 MHz.

I found that in the Nevada file, changed the MiG-19P plane (A-10C) from client to an AI level, and was able to get into the mission.

I've searched around for a few days and I can't find any info on this, so I'm wondering if I have something set up incorrectly. Any ideas I can try without having to modify this craft in mission editor?

Thanks!

Hey DeadlyFishes, thanks for the hard work. I'm new to DCS, and new to TTI, just trying the single player stuff before jumping into MP so I can get used to how it works and I don't get in anyone's way.

I've grabbed the (until today) most recent version of the single player files, 1.50, and I'm having trouble going from mission briefing to play. So far I've tried Nevada and Persian Gulf, and it's throwing an error at me saying the mission cannot be saved due to errors. [CAP] MiG-19P Invalid Frequency 124 MHz.

I found that in the Nevada file, changed the MiG-19P plane (A-10C) from client to an AI level, and was able to get into the mission.

I've searched around for a few days and I can't find any info on this, so I'm wondering if I have something set up incorrectly. Any ideas I can try without having to modify this craft in mission editor?

Thanks!

I never heard of this issue, maybe it has to do with the fact I don't own the module? Worst case, you can always remove that aircraft altogether like you did.

ALSO:

UPDATE 03/14/2019 - 1: v1.51b

- Added INS Stored Alignment to all F-14B slots

(This significantly shortens the INS alignment time when using "Fine Alignment")

- Implemented new F10 Radio Menu logic that refreshes the menu regularly so that new players that join after the host will also have access to the radio menu.

- Fixed an issue where the friendly A2A backup units did not have any weapons loaded.

"Through The Inferno"

I never heard of this issue, maybe it has to do with the fact I don't own the module? Worst case, you can always remove that aircraft altogether like you did.

What I started doing is finding MiG-19P in each mission and setting the radio to 251. That fixes it while leaving it as a client playable craft.

Found the fix, I wasn't opted into openbeta, so the models weren't there and the planes in those spots were defaulting to A-10C as the first option in the list.

Opt in to openbeta, and everything is working without modification now. I left details over on the Persian Gulf thread.

Hi Deadlyfishes,

I have an idea for more variaty in ground targets. I feel the present ones are more suited for dedicated CAS aircraft like the A10 and Su25.

On the mods section someone made a template for a railyard so something like that or a truckpark would make nice targets for more strike oriented aircraft like the Viggen. Also nice would be convoy like targets (some only soft others mixed with armour). Mobile would be amazing but static would be fine as well.

As ussual I have no idea what I am asking effort wise.

Thanks for a great mission.

RedeyeStorm

Hi Deadlyfishes,

I have an idea for more variaty in ground targets. I feel the present ones are more suited for dedicated CAS aircraft like the A10 and Su25.

On the mods section someone made a template for a railyard so something like that or a truckpark would make nice targets for more strike oriented aircraft like the Viggen. Also nice would be convoy like targets (some only soft others mixed with armour). Mobile would be amazing but static would be fine as well.

As ussual I have no idea what I am asking effort wise.

Thanks for a great mission.

RedeyeStorm

Adding more templates would be fine, but it sounds very specific, like how most missions are designed. In this case it might be better for you to just create your own static layout inside the mission if you wish to do more missions like that.

Because of how the spawning works, the layout might not work in certain areas and might bug or glitch through terrain/buildings/objects.

Also here's an update:

UPDATE 03/18/2019 - 1: v1.51c

- Further addressed and fixed an issue where EWRS and the MISSION SPAWNING radio menus were not properly working.

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 months later...

UPDATE 05/29/2019 - 1: v1.52a

- Added ability to STACK ZEUS-Spawned units:

zeus_stack_units_tutorial.gif

- Added MANY more units that can be spawnable via "zeus" map marker spawns. List is on the main post, included as a text file in the zip along with the in-game briefing.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 06/01/2019 - 1: v1.52b

- Fixed an error where some blue units were not spawnable via the 'zeus spawns'

- Changed the A2A Intercept mission to spawn 3 bombers that will be somewhat grouped up. They have 3 possible spawn locations on the map that will be chosen at random each time they are triggered.

- Added new bombers to the spawnable units list:

b1b_blue

b52_blue

f11a_blue

tu142_red

tu160_red

tu22m3_red

tu95ms_red

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 06/25/2019 - 1: v1.53a

- JTAC Autolase Target Reports are reformatted for easier reading and now provide Lat/Long SECONDS (DMS). Perfect for JDAMs, JSOWs and navigation systems that cannot use lat/long decimal format.

New%20JTAC%20Reports.PNG

- There is now a new option for HELO SLINGLOADING to be enabled or disabled.

Enabled = uses real rope/sling on helos that have the sling feature. If there is no sling for the helo, then you cannot sling load with it.

Disabled = hover over the crate to carry it. Any helo can use this feature.

New%20HELO%20Slingloading%20Option.PNG

- Missions will now have unique procedural generated operation names, giving these missions a bit more character. This is more useful on our multiplayer servers, but we may do more with this in the near future.

New%20Mission%20Names.PNG

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 08/17/19 - 1: v1.54a

-Fixed a major issue with map-marker zeus spawns not working correctly after the latest OB update from 8/14/19 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4008751&postcount=66

This latest version of TTI is REQUIRED if you wish to get map=marker zeus spawns to work properly again.

- Changed logic for JTAC units to optimize performance. JTAC units are now generated dynamically with mission zones and will be removed once the mission is complete.

Additionally, this means you can move mission zones around in the mission if you'd like, but the mission intel will be incorrect. You can use the JTAC Status as a work-around to get the coordinates of the designated targets if you aren't relying on the F10 Map.

- Added a new JTAC zeus spawn that you can create anywhere on the map to spawn a JTAC recon drone to auto-lase/designate and smoke targets. The code for these JTAC drones created by zeus map marker spawning is always 1685 for now. I do have future plans to edit this on the fly. You can make as many of these as you'd like.

zeus-jtac-drone-tutorial.gif

NOTE: For TTI Normandy WW2 , you must use "recon" instead of "jtac" to spawn the auto-lase/designating sentry unit.

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 09/03/19 -1: v1.55a

- Added new JTAC Auto Lase Logic to now include ELEVATION IN FT of the marked target:

unknown.png

Big thanks to SanekFl for helping me find the scripting logic to implement this.

I looked into script and added target elevation info. Please review pull request

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-JTACAutoLaze/pull/3

- Added a new map marker command "-delete jtac" that will remove the last zeus-spawned jtac. A new message appears when creating a zeus jtac to remind you of this new command and feature.

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

How Do I add AI?

In Through The Inferno Nevada 1.55 I am the only aircraft flying for the blue side. How can I have like some Blue F15's flying cap and maybe some friendly AI doing missions on their own, not as part of my flight.

I tried flying a KA 50 to do a strike and got shot down by enemy AI spawns. I tried putting a f--14 on the ramp and never got to taxi.

I know nothing of programming so I hope there is a simple fix.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

In Through The Inferno Nevada 1.55 I am the only aircraft flying for the blue side. How can I have like some Blue F15's flying cap and maybe some friendly AI doing missions on their own, not as part of my flight.

I tried flying a KA 50 to do a strike and got shot down by enemy AI spawns. I tried putting a f--14 on the ramp and never got to taxi.

I know nothing of programming so I hope there is a simple fix.

There should be an A2A backup option in the F10 Other Menu.

You can also change the layout of the mission spawns if they're too hard for you, take a look at the readme on how to configure the mission settings.

The ZEUS spawning system should allow you to spawn any aircraft on the map with a map marker in real time. Again, check the readme files and tutorials on this thread.

Additionally, making new AI units in the editor is pretty simple, just click the add airplane button from the left side (looks like a jet) and click on the map. Then you can add any AI aircraft group you want. Check banjo's youtube tutorials on the mission editor if this is something you want to do.

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 10/03/19 - 1: v1.56a

- Added F-16C Viper Slots x2

- Added a fix for enemy aircraft causing a ground mission to appear active when it flies through the zone. Mission zones will now ignore flying units.

- Changed dynamic JTAC spawning logic so that the dynamically crated JTAC names will now state which mission type they are marking for, making better use of the "JTAC Status" feature in the F10 - Other Menu

"Through The Inferno"