Random spawn

AVZ

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/RespawnGroup

Best link (with other links at the bottom) at the best resource out there for guys still learning the ropes around scripting and the mission editor.

Thank you very much ENO! This is something that i was also looking for. Now i seem to better understand the scripts. I still have a problem loading the MIST into the actual mission editor, which makes me the only noob to complain of such an easy task otherwise. Although i had taken the "Mist v3_4 guide rev0.pdf" example from page 6, i might actually not understand how to load it correctly, because i get a script error while playing when the script's triggered action takes place.

So if someone would have the patience to explain how to actually load the MIST into the mission editor, i'd be grateful!

Thanks you!

Good knowledge and common sense make the absurd run for defense.

Flying has always been a great interest for mankind, yet learning everything about it brought the greatest challenge!

I've always just made a mission start trigger with no condition and opened it in a do script file action. Some people run once / time more 5-8 seconds / do script file.

Either way any mist dependent scripts needs to be loaded a few seconds (I do mine with time more 10) after mist-

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

So if someone would have the patience to explain how to actually load the MIST into the mission editor, i'd be grateful!

Thanks you!

when you open the trigger window....you will see the three windows for the event, the condition, and the action....these three things make all your normal triggers...

...to load MIST first the easy way.....if you look below the three trigger windows you'll see Initialization script, a open button, a reset button and a spot for a code.....USE THE OPEN BUTTON AND PUT YOUR MIST.LUA HERE....no need to fill in the code box....this will be the first script DCS loads...put MIST here and it will always be first...then make all other scripts "time more" 2,4,6,whatever, and everything should work...

...hope this info is correct...because of my triple screens I cant see if the event and initialization windows are called that....but its the only line below the three trigger windows on the trigger page in the ME....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

when you open the trigger window....you will see the three windows for the event, the condition, and the action....these three things make all your normal triggers...

...to load MIST first the easy way.....if you look below the three trigger windows you'll see Initialization script, a open button, a reset button and a spot for a code.....USE THE OPEN BUTTON AND PUT YOUR MIST.LUA HERE....no need to fill in the code box....this will be the first script DCS loads...put MIST here and it will always be first...then make all other scripts "time more" 2,4,6,whatever, and everything should work...

...hope this info is correct...because of my triple screens I cant see if the event and initialization windows are called that....but its the only line below the three trigger windows on the trigger page in the ME....

Thank you very much "ENO" and "Davis", this was the key to successfully load up the MIST! It's the first time i was able to make any unit respawn in the same location every time!

This link provided a few posts ago by ENO was also helfpul:

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/RespawnGroup

Sorry i was a bit late on testing this after reading your replies and i'm glad it works now.

Cheers!

Good knowledge and common sense make the absurd run for defense.

Flying has always been a great interest for mankind, yet learning everything about it brought the greatest challenge!

• 4 years later...

Need a little help with this.

Single Mission, enemy has 4 options for strategy, option A, B, C, & D.

I am using the following logic:

Mission Start > Random 50 > Flag On 1

Mission Start > Random 50 > Flag On 2

Flag 1 is True, Flag 2 is True = Flag 3 On (Triggers Strategy A)

Flag 1 is True, Flag 2 is False = Flag 4 On (Triggers Strategy B)

Flag 1 is False, Flag 2 is True = Flag 5 On (Triggers Strategy C)

Flag 1 is False, Flag 2 is False = Flag 6 On (Triggers Strategy D)

The problem I am having is only Strategies A & B are ever chosen. Strategies C & D are never chosen.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I am looking for a random function that activate one or several unit, but no more than a certain number.

Example : I placed 8 SA-6s and I would like that only one, two or three of them activate. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Vincent

Edit : I tried differents radom trigger, but the SA-6 always appears as defined in the trigger, for example, always the 1 and 4, 2 and 5, etc

Edited by vctpil

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY