[DON'T USE SUCH A MOD] IRMAV Mod breaks DCS

drallabco

I know a few other people are having this problem. When editing the lua file for the Hornet, the whole module ends up broken, even just from only taking out the -- before the AGM-65G section. I understand that this is part of the territory of messing around with these files, but is there anyone that has a solution to this?

I know a few other people are having this problem. When editing the lua file for the Hornet, the whole module ends up broken, even just from only taking out the -- before the AGM-65G section. I understand that this is part of the territory of messing around with these files, but is there anyone that has a solution to this?

Do not use the Windows notepad. Use Notepad ++.

Issue is a matter of encoding most likely.

Run a DCS_repair.exe and then edit the .lua with Notepad++, this will most likely fix it.

Did you use notepad ++ to edit the file? Worked on mine, but cant' load the IRmav on all stations, only the outboard ones.

Make sure to remove "--" from both inboard and outboard stations.

*fiddles with fuse box in his house* *house burns down* *calls electricity company* Hey man if I fiddle with your fuse box my house burns down, how could that happen?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

*fiddles with fuse box in his house* *house burns down* *calls electricity company* Hey man if I fiddle with your fuse box my house burns down, how could that happen?

Great one, +1 :megalol:

and btw, +1000 for your signature :thumbup:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals