How to create an intro movie to a campaign?

QuickNickel14

You can't in game ... but you can record clips and create your own youtube movie.

This is something indeed that is heavily used with Arma 3. DCS has all the camera goodies linked to keys, but did not linked those functionalities in the script API. Briefly, there are no scripting control for the cameras.

Ironically I started a thread on this earlier this week.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230037

OK, long time ago, Wags posted this solution for Black Shark 1.01 ( I told you it was long time ago). At that time, the trick was working for SP missions only.

Post is still here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

TRACK PLAYBACK PRIOR TO MISSION START (MISSION INTRO)

It's now possible to create missions with a pre-recorded introduction track.

The procedure to create a mission with an intro track is as follows:

1. Create a mission with the necessary triggers, graphical and audio material.

2. Launch the mission, record the intro track and save it.

3. Create a new file, called "continue_track" with the number '1' inside. The file can be created with Notepad or other similar program. The file should have no extension.

4. Open the TRK file with your archive opener (winrar, etc.) and insert the "continue_track" file inside the "track_data" folder of the TRK archive.

5. Rename the TRK extention to MIZ.

As a result you will have a MIZ file that includes a track file inside. When the mission is launched, the track will be played back, after which the player will be handed control automatically.

OK, long time ago, Wags posted this solution for Black Shark 1.01 ( I told you it was long time ago). At that time, the trick was working for SP missions only.

Post is still here.

3. Create a new file, called "continue_track" with the number '1' inside. The file can be created with Notepad or other similar program. The file should have no extension.

4. Open the TRK file with your archive opener (winrar, etc.) and insert the "continue_track" file inside the "track_data" folder of the TRK archive.

As a result you will have a MIZ file that includes a track file inside. When the mission is launched, the track will be played back, after which the player will be handed control automatically.

Ho interesting... but I guess you cannot control the cameras and angles right? This is a good first step though! I was not aware of this. I will test it out for sure.

Edited by Frag

Post is still here.

Thank you @BaD_CrC. I will look into it.

Ho interesting... but I guess you cannot control the cameras and angles right? This is a good first step though! I was not aware of this. I will test it out for sure.

You can control the views during any track playback. You just need to step outside of the current view. From that point on you control the views and where the camera looks.

So, if in the cockpit, press F2, for example. You now are in control of the views and where your eyes look. Press F1 again and you are back in the pit looking wherever you want.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

You can control the views during any track playback. You just need to step outside of the current view. From that point on you control the views and where the camera looks.

So, if in the cockpit, press F2, for example. You now are in control of the views and where your eyes look. Press F1 again and you are back in the pit looking wherever you want.

Hey thanks IronHand ... yeah I know about this. I meant let's say you want to shown a cut scene with specific angle, like any youtube or video games.

I was spending HOURS and HOURS making those in Arma 3. Not much is missing from DCS ... simply having the camera controls offered by the keyboard in the LUA API.