Warthoggers: Updated firmware released

IIRC there is a reset for the throttle, holding a button down for a few seconds, but I dont remember which button (ap or lgwarn?), anyway it was on the throttle and not the stick, but maybe there is something like that on the stick aswell? If there is you could try that, but I dont know which button... if any.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC there is a reset for the throttle, holding a button down for a few seconds, but I dont remember which button (ap or lgwarn?), anyway it was on the throttle and not the stick, but maybe there is something like that on the stick aswell? If there is you could try that, but I dont know which button... if any.

That's what I was thinking. There used to be one on the Cougar Joystick, holding in the trigger when plugging in. I've tried that and it did nothing. :joystick:

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Well I followed all the instructions listed above to the letter, and at 75% on the Joystick update it failed.

Now I have a Joystick that isn't recognised as one.

Where do I go from here, please.

It is seen by the system and calls itself "Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Joystick Bulk" but does not show as a game

controller, visible to either Windows or Target Device Analyzer

HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :joystick:

Well, it's detected as the Bulk device, so it should be possible to update.

What if you disconnect the Throttle, plug the joystick (confirm it's properly detected) and run the updater program (Programs/Thrustmaster/HOTAS Warthog/Firmware Update). Is the Joystick listed and available for update? Does the update proceed normally or does it fail before completion?

Well, it's detected as the Bulk device, so it should be possible to update.

What if you disconnect the Throttle, plug the joystick (confirm it's properly detected) and run the updater program (Programs/Thrustmaster/HOTAS Warthog/Firmware Update). Is the Joystick listed and available for update? Does the update proceed normally or does it fail before completion?

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

So I did as you suggested, the firmware updater sees it but it still fails with "ERROR: bulk write error. (Code:0x0000000D)"

????

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

Yes, they also stay on here, when I posted they went out, I only reset the PC and saw them go out. But that wasn't true because they just go out during boot sequence.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Ah! That really is great news! You got an ETA?

Thursday ETA. TM in Canada has been real great in this support. Nothing but good things I have for them. It went out yesterday and will be here Thursday by UPS. Go from Canada to South Carolina in short time shows how they care. Kudos for the support.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the stick updated fine however the throttle did not. cant remember the exact error code at the moment but unplugging the unit and connecting it again reset it to firmware 17. will have another try later on today.

wbr,

Noti

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

the stick updated fine however the throttle did not. cant remember the exact error code at the moment but unplugging the unit and connecting it again reset it to firmware 17. will have another try later on today.

wbr,

Noti

You were lucky it reset as mine on the Joystick didn't and still refuses to work.

BE WARNED IF YOU DON'T NEED THIS IT'S BEST AVOIDED.

(sorry for shouting but it's something to be aware of as this seems to have failed for two people so far)

BE WARNED IF YOU DON'T NEED THIS IT'S BEST AVOIDED.

You realize that by the time someone "needs" this (by your definition) it will no longer work...right?

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

And you must realise that if you install this firmware update when everything is working fine (ie: you don't need it) then you stand the risk of disabling your Joystick like I and at least one other (just in this forum) has done to theirs.

Oh and thanks for your help in trying to get my Joystick working again..........NOT!

For what it's worth, this is my log of a successful firmware upgrade. Windows 7 64 bits - HOTAS plugged into a PCI-E USB card.

I feel your pain Loz, I hope that someone from TM contact you for a solution ASAP.

BTW it'd be extremely cool that some techie inside ThrustMaster would chime in the forums from time to time, like the guys from CH Products or NaturalPoint do. After all, in this forums we're the main testbed of his SW&HW, don't leave us in the dark. I'm sure you're watching, now you can participate ;)

tm_fwupdate_trace.zip

• Like 1

Thanks Swift.

I'm now downloading for the third time the .exe for the drivers/firmware update, but I'm not confident. I'll post the trace.log when I have had another go.

• Like 1

And you must realise that if you install this firmware update when everything is working fine (ie: you don't need it) then you stand the risk of disabling your Joystick like I and at least one other (just in this forum) has done to theirs.

Oh and thanks for your help in trying to get my Joystick working again..........NOT!

If I had the tricks to rebooting your stick, I'd let you know. I've not been told of any ways around it. Have you contacted TM? Page 1 of the doc for the firmware updater states

"If after many attempts the devices are still not enumerated correctly, please contact

Technical Support which will guide you through the necessary steps."

My advice to you would be limited to unplugging the sticks, doing a full power-off shutdown (actually disconnect from the mains) of your computer and restart....plugging the WH parts back in once it's booted up.

As to the 'risks'...well...this is just my interpretation, but since TM released this publicly I personally would interpret that as acknowledgement that there's a problem with firmware corruption on units in the wild. As such, since there's no warning limiting it to certain conditions/OS/motherboards...while you may have had a problem (and I'm sorry to see that)...there's a very real chance that the average person has better odds updating their firmware now rather than waiting for a problem.

But that's just me spitballing. I agree it would've been nice for someone to post up and say "Hey guys...this is out, if you wanna try it go ahead" or "Please run this ASAP" or whatever their internal feeling is on the issue.

• Like 2

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Meh, had a post typed out then lost it.

@Loz, foremost I'm sorry to hear of your problems :(

You mention the devices being recognised as *something* when you plug them in, which might be promising. I take it you don't have another PC you can try it on (which wouldn't even have the bulk whatsit that seems to be new) to see if it can be recognised like before? If so, it would seem to be some incompatible or failed software driver install that can hopefully be resolved (and if that is the case, I would first try unplugging both devices, rolling back to a restore point earlier than the firmware update, reboot, then plug back in to different USB slots than you've been trying, to try and force it to refresh).

You get the typical Windows "bing-bong" noise for both of the devices as you disconnect and reconnect them still right?

You could also run this and look for the devices that have Vendor ID of 44F (which is Thrustmaster) to see what it's saying about the list of devices, and what it thinks each one is linked to via the Connected yes/no column as you plug in / remove each one:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

(Incidentally, before the firmware updates, they do just show as standard USB HID devices and if it wasn't for the Vendor / Product ID you'd not be able to tell it apart from a $3 Microsoft mouse in the list).

My product ID's (for USBDeview or scavenging around the registry) pre-flashing are 402 for the stick, and 404 for the throttle. I'll be giving the firmware update a go soon but currently just scouring my system for anything TM related and taking copies/notes of it first.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

I have contacted Tech support and await there response.

I have been told how to reset the Joystick but unlike the Cougar which I think put you back to a factory setup, this leaves you with the Joystick as a "Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Joystick Bulk" which is mentioned in the Update instructions.

But now after downloading three times, installing three times, I think for some reason, that the install program is the culprit as it gives the same error ever time.

The trace log details from the last two attempts are below

[sTART SESSION]

21:16:00.293 Tuesday December 7, 2010

+00:00.000 Thrustmaster Firmware Updater (2.1.8.0)

+00:00.000 GUI size detection: 0

+00:00.000 GUI size after constraint: 0

+00:00.140 Initialization completed.

+00:20.046 Selected device to update: Hotas Warthog Joystick (BULK), firmware version 65535 (type: 2, id: 1) S/N: 500T108A000483, (0x02B64843)

+00:20.046 Selected firmware file: C:\Program Files\Guillemot\tmfwupdater\firmware\HA10J_PSOC_USB_v10.tmf, version: 10 (compatible with: 0)

+00:20.046 Required boot update: no

+00:20.077 The user has click OK to proceed for Hotas Warthog Joystick update.

+00:30.997 Application will terminate.

[END SESSION]

---SMCH-

[sTART SESSION]

21:29:15.268 Tuesday December 7, 2010

+00:00.001 Thrustmaster Firmware Updater (2.1.8.0)

+00:00.001 GUI size detection: 0

+00:00.001 GUI size after constraint: 0

+00:00.162 Initialization completed.

+00:08.189 Selected device to update: Hotas Warthog Joystick (BULK), firmware version 65535 (type: 2, id: 1) S/N: 500T108A000483, (0x02B64843)

+00:08.189 Selected firmware file: C:\Program Files\Guillemot\tmfwupdater\firmware\HA10J_PSOC_USB_v10.tmf, version: 10 (compatible with: 0)

+00:08.189 Required boot update: no

+00:08.219 The user has click OK to proceed for Hotas Warthog Joystick update.

+00:16.149 Application will terminate.

[END SESSION]

---SMCH-

Same problem as Loz here :(. Joystick failed the update, no longer recognized. Maybe someone who successfully solved the out of the box non-recognition with the file from TM can email it to us? Loz, do you mind telling us the reset procedure?

Loz, do you have a cougar installed as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NotiA10 and Loz-try plugging the unit directly into the MB than update. That did the trick for me. I had the stick plugged into a hub when it failed to update. If someone is in contact with TM, you may want to let them know.

Edited by hassata
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]