KOREA! 1952 (MiG vs Sabre PvP Server) - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #131
DefaultFace

It seemed to get more reliable for a while but its back to being as bad as it ever was, at least for the WWII side of things. And no I have definitely had it without switching slots recently.

Unfortunately 2200 zulu might be a bit late for me this week so I probably won't be able to make it myself, just thought I'd mention the issue with the scoring system. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does it will happen like 3 times in a row (noticed it after the many disconnects due to spit engine bug kicking people from the server recently).

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
DefaultFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:01 PM   #132
71st_AH Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaQuark View Post
It was my understanding this usually happens when switching slots, or hopping into a different slot after landing, or during a server mission-rotate? .
This happens when I first spawn in to your server. It happens if you spawn into a slot that has been occupied by anyone else since server reset sometimes as well.

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:32 PM   #133
viperdogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefaultFace View Post
It seemed to get more reliable for a while but its back to being as bad as it ever was, at least for the WWII side of things. And no I have definitely had it without switching slots recently.

Unfortunately 2200 zulu might be a bit late for me this week so I probably won't be able to make it myself, just thought I'd mention the issue with the scoring system. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does it will happen like 3 times in a row (noticed it after the many disconnects due to spit engine bug kicking people from the server recently).
This server is most certainly better than the garbage WW2 servers that have been hosted. Instead of complaining in a KOREAN server thread, join and see for yourself. With Rob and Sea Quarks help, weve been up to almost 30 ppl, evenly split with almost no issues.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #134
DefaultFace

.....??? I think you read my post in a significantly different tone than it was written.

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
DefaultFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:32 PM   #135
SeaQuark

@viper, cool your jets, he was talking about scorecard system, nothing more.

@DefaultFace + others, I will be taking a screenshot of the scorecard at the start of the competition, so in case anybody is erroneously starting with 1 loss, I can account for that when comparing any submitted scores.

As stated above, I will also accept video evidence if you feel the scorecard has botched your results. But remember, most of all, the point of this event is to have fun and foster friendly competition & good flying. As it is a recurring weekly event, there will be many chances to fix any problems going forward.

Be sure you are in the server and in your cockpit at 2200 Zulu. Good hunting!
SeaQuark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:39 AM   #136
SeaQuark

Thanks to all who participated!

Turnout was low on this first Showdown, but nevertheless the 39th VFS 4-ship managed to bag 2 MiGs, and all flight members returned safely. A high-scoring MiG was ultimately shot down, and thus disqualified.

2 KILLS, 0 LOSSES is the number to beat for next week. Same time, same place. Sunday, 2200 Zulu on the KOREA! server.

Last edited by SeaQuark; 01-15-2018 at 05:58 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:22 AM   #137
Shadow KT

Sounds awesome, but too late for as me as well. Especially on a Sunday night.

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Shadow KT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:17 AM   #138
tom_19d

Default A Thanks

Hi SeaQuark,

I just wanted to say thanks, I installed SimpleRadio mostly to use this server and hopped on this morning to check it out quick- no one was out flying but I thought that was the perfect scenario for an introduction.

The tower interaction comm script is great. Once I checked on with the tactical controller I had to venture quite far down memory lane (moveable card ADF navigation is looooong ways back for me) but finding my armor target without the help of own ship position on the F10 moving map was very rewarding. Sadly my recollection of weapons employment in the '86 was worse than my navigation, but once I get that rust knocked off with some SP practice I will be sure to be back to join in the fun.

Kudos for the work you have done to create an immersive and dynamic server environment. It is appreciated.

Tom_19d
tom_19d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:54 AM   #139
SeaQuark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_19d View Post
Hi SeaQuark,

I just wanted to say thanks, I installed SimpleRadio mostly to use this server and hopped on this morning to check it out quick- no one was out flying but I thought that was the perfect scenario for an introduction.

The tower interaction comm script is great. Once I checked on with the tactical controller I had to venture quite far down memory lane (moveable card ADF navigation is looooong ways back for me) but finding my armor target without the help of own ship position on the F10 moving map was very rewarding. Sadly my recollection of weapons employment in the '86 was worse than my navigation, but once I get that rust knocked off with some SP practice I will be sure to be back to join in the fun.

Kudos for the work you have done to create an immersive and dynamic server environment. It is appreciated.

Tom_19d
Thanks Tom Stop by anytime.

A note to everyone: I do plan to update the mission with a larger variety of ground targets for both sides in the near future. However, at this point, I am waiting for the merge, as depending on how that goes down there is a large chance I may need to re-do a good part of the mission in general. Holding pattern for now.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:18 PM   #140
viperdogsnake

If you have any serious desire in flying MiGs in this era, and sending the 39th and 54th crying back to thier yankee air pirate mothers, PM me. We usually fly in an organized 5 ship. The more the merrier. North American players only please.