[NOBUG] Viggen in Multiplayer Crashing the Computer

Weegie

I think I've found the workaround but that doesn't really let Heatblur off the hook.

The Viggen was constantly causing the computer to crash, now admittedly I'm using an old Ti780 card which will be upgraded soon. After anywhere between 5-15minutes in the Viggen the whole thing locked up solid and I had no choice but to resort to a hard reset. I then got informed by the Bios that the overclocking had failed.

This does not happen in any other module that I've flown in recently

I found a fix through Google and that involved rolling back the NVidia driver to

I've just tested it for about 25 minutes or so and all is good (so far), but it looks like this problem has not been fully resolved in over a year and I'd consider a fault that makes the module unplayable a bit of a biggie

I'm not trolling and I'm not angry or upset (now), but merely posting in case anybody else encounters this problem and is looking for a temporary band aid until it is properly addressed.

I know these things can be really difficult to hunt down and fix let alone fully resolve, so not having a go just saying the problem is still lurking in all that beautiful code.

I'm only posting because I love the Viggen so much it is a truly awesome module and it was so frustrating that I couldn't fly it.

Edited by Weegie